Valued Contributor

Wondering if they work for daily stress?

71twM0B168L._SL1500_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever use these?

[ Edited ]

They have added sugar plus palm oil. I wouldn't want to try them.

81u7RigdnHL._SL1500_.jpg

Respected Contributor

I find exercise works best for stress.

Valued Contributor

@Travone I agree. I exercise in the evening, however, when I'm at work, I can only get in a quick lap around the building at best. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever use these?

[ Edited ]

The two key ingredients in that Goli supp are ashwagandha and reishi mushroom. I would rather just take those separately and on schedule with the rest of my supps. I don't need all that other stuff in my diet.

ETA-

But I can understand why those Goli supps would be attractive b/c of the shear convenience of having a 2-in-1-easy-to-eat-flavorful-chew in one bite....a big selling point.

Esteemed Contributor

When taking supplements it is best to take them without that much alteration.

Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper I have not tried these in particular.  I checked online and overall they have good reviews.  Obviously not everything works for everyone.  I think maybe a small container will last about 2 weeks. (2 a day)  The ingredients are good - herb wise.  You could try these bites or try them separately in capsules.  See if you start to see a difference.  My reason for posting is that I use a sleep product (olly chews) and I find it very effective.  Normally I am a believer in the more classic, simple way to take supplements, but one day I decided to try Olly chews and they were so much more effective for me than taking the herbs, etc. separately. So now I'm a believer!  Or at least I'm open to the idea that sometimes these precombined supplements in an "interesting" delivery system are surprisingly beneficial.  

Esteemed Contributor

Long ago, when I was dying of menopause and had taken all the medical remedies, my BF rounded me and her mother up and off we went to her mother's herbalist.  Neither of them spoke English, so I don't really know what I took.  I went back several times.

This root has a long history and should be worth a try.  Not in a oil and sugar form though.

Are you near a herbalist type store?  

Occasional Contributor

Yes, DH & I tried late last year. We didn't care for them & they look better than they taste.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice to have peace in a jar!!!

photos of peaceful lakes