Respected Contributor

Has anyone had a TFCC tear?

[ Edited ]

I'm interested in hearing of your experiences. I have been diagnosed with a TFCC tear and got my first steroid injection yesterday. Of course, I am one of the lucky ones who has had what is called a steroid flare. 🙄  Once that abates, I should experience relief from the pain within 2 weeks. I'm to call him if I don't. He will then likely do one more injection, and then if that doesn't work, he will refer me to a hand surgeon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone had a TFCC tear?

@Ainhisg 

The closest I have come to that is several badly sprained wrists. Originally happened years ago, but because of my job of close to 30 years, and subsequent sprains, there are times it is hard for me to pick up my mug of coffee, without using the handle.

Many of my co-workers had carpal tunnel surgery, probably related to the job I was also doing. Wearing a wrist brace with a metal rod running under the palm helped, but! My job required wearing leather gloves because of dealing with oil and greased reels of telephone wire.

Hope some others that can relate specifically with this will post their experiences.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Re: Has anyone had a TFCC tear?

I had a TFCC tear repaired in 2002. I complained about pain for a couple years and was finally referred to a hand doctor. She tried anti inflammatories and a brace. When those didn't work I had surgery that included shaving my ulna and then post surgical PT. Recovery took a few months, I was surprised because it seemed like pretty minimal surgery. The wrist has been fine ever since. Good luck.