Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Tried Essential Oils?

I am following a therapeutic oil company on facebook and may decide to buy a cold diffuser soon.

Occasional Contributor

Yes I do.  I make a kick mosquito butt repellent in the summer...(I am a Cub Scout leader and even the men come to me for a spritz)  I dab for energy, mood, relaxation, and just because I like them.  I use tea tree and eucalyptus and peppermint medicinally.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister uses an essential oil for her exzema, blended especially for it. The brand is Veriditas. She says it works. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I haven't had luck with essential oils, but I do have super, super, sensitive skin.  I've always been reluctant to mention how essential oils can possibly be irritating for some skin types.  Someone posted the following link in the Beauty forum not too long ago, regarding.how it's possible to be allergic to some essential oils.  I think I might be in that category.  Here's the link, if you're interested:

https://www.liveoakacupuncture.com/possible-allergic-essential-oils/ 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I use Young Living Essential Oils daily.  I use for sleep, energy, bug bites, headaches, skin, etc. 

Love them!!

Valued Contributor

I use a mixture of lavender, orange (or lemon), peppermint with the carrier oil Jojoba for the arthritis in my hands and wrists.  It works wonders.  I have taken very few Aleve since I started using the oils. It works quickly too.   

I also use oils in a diffuser at night to help me sleep.  I use a combo of lavender, cedarwood, and marjoram.  It does help with my sleep issues and the aroma is so calming.

Valued Contributor

I'm just starting to learn more about how to use essential oils...what is the best type of diffuser to use?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@barb40 I love Young Living EOs, and I'm a distributors, but I'm not crazy about their diffusers. I recommend NOW brand diffusers. You can get them on Amazon.
Honored Contributor

I've beem using EOs for many years. I clean my house with them. I treat health issues with them. I diffuse them into the air for enjoyment and for therapeutic reasons.

A friend bought me the best diffuser...ADVANCED AROMATHERAPY oil diffuser. It's a small electric, white in color with four black knobs on it. It's a nebulizer and you don't have to add anything or buy anything extra to use it. Amazon has it for around 129.

I buy many of my oils from pipingrock. Their in-house oils rival the best but are more reasonably priced. if you visit their site be sure to check the essential oils tab and there you will find a book...The Complete Book of... . It's a wonderful, informative book to get you started.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank you Rachb  and SilleeMee for your informative replies!