Esteemed Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Again This Weekend

I will not be making any purchases this weekend. I did enough damage last weekend. I do not need ultimate eye, because last year when he offered his TSV, I purchased the two year quantity at that time.

Last weekend I purchased Omega 3 750 count, Breast Health 180 Count, HHSN 50 count to get me through till the TS offering in July, and Muriel and Andrews healthy eating cookbook.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@willdob3

I am concerned about the freshness. I am one person and when I read the directions online it said that you should take two per day so I ended up purchasing the 750 count of the Omega 3 thinking that I would be taking two per day.

It was not until later that night that I heard him say that you could take 1 per day unless you have other health  issues or are directed by your doctor. That means that I will have a 2 year supply.

Do you recommend placing in the refrigerator?

The serving size is two softgels. He often says it is fine to take one of a supplement when the serving size is actually two. It seems to be a way to sell supplements to those who can't afford the largest size. You'll get some benefits, but not as many. Omega 3 is not something we are in danger of getting too much of. I always take two & sometimes think more would be better. 

I keep most of my Omegas in the refrigerator because I live in a warm climate & that is not the best for any softgel supplement. Most people won't need to do that. 

Regular Contributor

I love Andrew Lessman products. I got the eye combo today. I noticed great benefits from taking the omega 3, so I hope the same happens with those two products.
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I had been using cholesterol care and choconova, took test and it went up not down.  Returned New order.

qvc addiction:  I had just the opposite happen to me!  I just took the Cholesterol Care, for 4 months.  For the first time ever, my cholesterol went down by 40 points!  My Dr. was shocked.  I was borderline on my bad cholesterol but it was inching up every time I had my blood work done and she said if it goes up again I have to really consider taking medication, which I will only do if I am desperate.  So I tried this product and did not do anything different than I was doing before.  She was so impressed, she took down all the info (I brought the bottle with me to make sure it was ok for me to take and that it was safe) and said she will start recommending it to some of her patients.  My next test is at the end of July, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this was not just some kind of fluke and that my levels are still down.

Respected Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends  I'm so glad your cholesterol was down.  I hope I get the same results.  I just started taking Cholestacare this week and the tablets have a strong odor...kind of like chlorine.  Is that normal?  I just want to make sure I'm not taking something that is bad.

Honored Contributor

I bought the large eye support. I take 2 per day. I bought the large omega 3 last weekend which I also take 2 per day. I have always bought the largest TS bottles & never had any problems. I don't keep any of his products in the refrigerator.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

The Ultimate Omega 3. I no longer buy the 750 size. It's a good buy but they went stale after 6mos and that's a 1 yr supply for me.

I keep enough on hand for 90-120 days now so it's always fresh.

Why do you say it went stale after 6 mos.?

If you take fish oil capsules you can chew on it to see if the oil tastes fresh or if it tastes fishy it's rancid & should not be taken. Rancid fish oil does more harm then good and may cause damage at the cellular level.

You need to minimize exposure to air, heat & moisture.

Don't take enteric coated fish oil it slows absorption. It's also used to cover up rancid fish oil.

Trusted Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

I purchased two 750s of the Omega 3, Magnesium, and Phosphatidyl Serine.  @World Traveler Sorry you missed the Essential 1 TS.  I always enjoy watching him as I learn so much!

@BExplorer Right with you on that one! I learn a lot too.

I like that I never feel that he is pressuring me to purchase something. In fact when he was doing the Secure presentation sometime back, he said he hoped his was the one purchased. But if not, one should know that having at least one meal replacement a day has been shown to help with weight loss. I thought that was really great the way he brought that up.

I credit the HSN hosts with the way they allow him to talk in a casual way, and they respectfully wait for him to finish so they can give the amounts and prices. Colleen is the one I appreciate the most.

@World Traveler I completely agree with everything you said!  

I have mixed feelings about watching this weekend--every time I have no interest in purchasing the TS but watch just to learn, I end up buying the TS!  He almost ALWAYS talks me into it. Smiley Frustrated

I agree!!! He says you cannot get this in your diet.. your eyes.... and then i think i need it !

Trusted Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

I purchased two 750s of the Omega 3, Magnesium, and Phosphatidyl Serine.  @World Traveler Sorry you missed the Essential 1 TS.  I always enjoy watching him as I learn so much!

@BExplorer Right with you on that one! I learn a lot too.

I like that I never feel that he is pressuring me to purchase something. In fact when he was doing the Secure presentation sometime back, he said he hoped his was the one purchased. But if not, one should know that having at least one meal replacement a day has been shown to help with weight loss. I thought that was really great the way he brought that up.

I credit the HSN hosts with the way they allow him to talk in a casual way, and they respectfully wait for him to finish so they can give the amounts and prices. Colleen is the one I appreciate the most.

@World Traveler I completely agree with everything you said!  

I have mixed feelings about watching this weekend--every time I have no interest in purchasing the TS but watch just to learn, I end up buying the TS!  He almost ALWAYS talks me into it. Smiley Frustrated

I agree!!! He says you cannot get this in your diet.. your eyes.... and then i think i need it !

@CoastalGal Have you used this product before?  If so, did you notice any benefits?  I took it for one year a couple years ago and didn't notice any benefits so I did not restock.  Others who have taken it have reported noticing benefits, though.  Maybe I should look at it as more of a protective supplement, but I do take several other AL supplements and wonder just how many is too many. 😀

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@loveour4leggedfriends  I'm so glad your cholesterol was down.  I hope I get the same results.  I just started taking Cholestacare this week and the tablets have a strong odor...kind of like chlorine.  Is that normal?  I just want to make sure I'm not taking something that is bad.

Trudey:  I just saw your post and went and checked my jar.  If I take out one of two capsules, I do not smell anything at all.  However, I stuck my nose in the whole container and there is a slight smell.  I don't think this is unusual as all my vitamins and supplements smell a little if you smell the whole jar.  My multi vitamins smell strong but they always do so I think this is normal.  For peace of mind, you can call his company and they might be able to assure you one way or the other.