Honored Contributor

I have a bad back and arthritic hips and ankles,so I tend to stumble when I walk without my cane,and sometimes even with it. When wearing open toe sandles this results in scraped up toes. It is ugly and it hurts. I saw some casual sandals from KEEN shoes and they all have a rubber capped toe protection. Problem solved. They are only for very casual wear but will be perfect for me to wear daily as I'm running around in my capri's and t shirts.

I thought I'd pass this along as I am sure I'm not the only person who has this issue.These shoes are very comfortable too.

If you to KEEN shoes.com they have several styles,I bought the Venice,I liked the Rose but it was not available in my size.

I always wear a sport type sandal anyway for the stability and arch support,now I also have toe protection.

Contributor

Re: Avoiding scraped up toes

Good to know!   I have bad foeet also.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

Similar but mine are leather not that ribbon.And mine are khacki color.

Honored Contributor

Especially for me since I spend the summer at a campground and I'm walking on dirt roads and uneven surfaces, a supportive and protective shoe is essential.

Yesterday we went to an event at the beach and I wore open toe sandals - ouch - my feet are all scraped up today.I had a difficult time walking there unless I was holding on to my DH as well. However,the situation required a dressier shoe.

Honored Contributor

I too love these Keen sandals.

Honored Contributor

@151949

visual aids..  ;-)

Keen "Venice":

140.jpg (140×92)

Keen "Rose":

s-l140.jpg (140×75)

Honored Contributor

I recently got this shoe from Zulily.  I don't like the ugly black toe cap so many Keen sandals have.  These are also Keen but maybe a bit more refined and they still protect the toes.  Great price too.

zu36708822_main_tm1457551869.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Rose is definitely prettier, I was disappointed I could not get it. 

My cousin does long distance hiking and she was who put me on to this brand.