Honored Contributor

Why is it so popular? The few i have tried, i really don't care for.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Husband loves it.  No clue why. LOL

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest --  DD is  sensitive to milk/dairy products and while I tested allergic when I was a kid,-- milk seems to not be good on my digestion while other dairy products are ok. We drink Blue Diamond and many of the store brands are good too. I think it tastes just fine, not thick like a few other brands are. A slight almond taste but not off putting at all. I cook and bake with it, make ice cream and pudding. have even made almond milk once or twice---

Honored Contributor

I like the unsweetened in my coffee but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it just for 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

I wouldn't put it on cereal and I wouldn't drink a glass of it and it's not a good substitute for milk in a french toast custard/batter.

Respected Contributor

I use it for protein shakes every morning.  I like that the expiration dates are much longer than regular milk.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Almond milk

[ Edited ]

Outside people who just cannot tolerate milk, even lactose-free. I don't understand the opposition to cow's mik. It has served me well all my life. My bones are super-strong at 73 on cow's milk, as well as cheese and yogurt.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest  I love almond milk.  I get the unsweetened vanilla.  Doesn't bother me at all.  I know my husband is pickier. But I get that it's not for everyone.  There are so many different "milks" out there now.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Almond milk

[ Edited ]

I have a smoothie for breakfast and I like Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk in that. I buy Blue Diamond.  But I'll use milk or half and half in coffee, tea or scrambled eggs. I'll also eat cheese and yogurt so I do get additional dairy.

Respected Contributor

It's the only milk I use in my oatmeal. I love it and I buy the unsweetened 30 cal per cup.almond milk. 

Honored Contributor

I !ove almond milk much better than dairy and have used it almost exclusively for several years.  I do prefer dairy for sauces and gravies, biscuits and pudding.  I just like the taste, especially to drink or with cereal.  Less calories too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment