WEN

Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to get my son to use the oils on his face (acne).  But he hates the way TT smells. Any suggestions for one that doesnt smell as strong?  I've only used TT and the seasonal ones.   thanks 

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure what product you are speaking of, but please give Paula's Choice a chance for his acne.  I've been using them since 1995 and love most of her products.  She has a wonderful line for acne skin.  You may call them for free samples.  Products are guaranteed for 60 days and their customer service is awesome!  QVC must think so as they are carrying them, but I would suggest directly going to her website. 

Honored Contributor

Re: oil suggestion?

[ Edited ]

gracewade, welcome to the Wen forum!!!

While I use a number of Wen products, I make my oil oil blend so I haven't used any of the Treatment Oils. 

Especially when Chaz first came out with the Treatment Oils, he used to compare the benefits of the Tea Tree Oil with the Fig Sweet Orange Treatment Oil. Of course, he always talked about how tea tree oil benefited people who had scalp issues (i.e. dandruff), but he also would mention that the cedarwood oil in the Fig Sweet Orange OIl had similar benefits. Because he can't make medical claims on air, he always suggested that Wenners google their benefits. 

I'm guessing that cedarwood might have antibacterial and antifungal properties like tea tree oil does (but that's just a guess). If that is the case then it might help combat acne.

You might want to check out Hilary's great Benefits of Oils thread because she goes through some of the properties of some of the ingredients. -- You might also want to check outh the What is your Most Favorite Wen Oil? and  I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! threads. 

Also, the WEN by Chaz Dean Home & Away Treatment Oil 4 oz. & 1 oz.  kit for $54.98 offers the best value for the Treatment Oils as an individual purchase. According to the product description, the set included a 4oz. Treatment Oil and a 1oz Travel size Treatment oil. In Kjelle's Core Oil Home & Away Surprise thread, she mentioned that she received the 4oz. Treatment Oil along with a 2oz. Travel size. Other Wenners have also confirmed that they received a 2oz. travel size oil. While I can't promise that you will get the 2oz. oil size, it does seem as though there is a an additional 1oz of Treatment Oil in these kits. Since the 4oz. Treatment Oil size sells for about $55, this is about a $13.75 bonus.

Best of luck!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Key Wen links ---- WEN (the QVC Wen forum) --- Wen 101 --- Wen FAQ - the key Wen links -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary ---- Chaz streaming video on Periscope  -- Spoke to Chaz on periscope  ---- What Cleanser Did You Use Today? -What Wen products did you use up, or open this week? ---- Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired? ---- I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! -- Benefits of Oils -- What is your Most Favorite Wen Oil? -- Women of Color WEN Users ---- Wen groups on facebook  -- wendooters -- Wenner's fur babies -- Rescue pup got a Wen bath ---- Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 -- Wen Fall TSV probably September 5th  -- Wen OTOs  still available at great prices ---- July Chat (2015) - 

___

Best Seller
QVC Price: $61.00Featured Price: $54.98

___

Honored Contributor

I would suggest Cucumber Aloe, or see if he can use the CA + some TT.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I bumped up my benefits of oils thread for you. I recommend the fig sweet orange oil. I think it would be great for acne. It also has a great scent that is not too strong. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Frequent Contributor

I've been using the Borghese mud masks that I purchase from Evine for the past few months and I love them.  One kit I bought was the "purificante", which consisted of a clay cleanser,  mud mask, scrub & tonic. I was going to use it in-between times of my regular mask treatments when I wanted a heavy duty cleansing regiment. I never tried it because I decided to give it to my nephew who has bad acne. My sister said she noticed an improvement from the first time he used it. I don't think they sell that particular kit anymore but they may have the scrub and cleanser set that recently came back in stock, if they still have it (don't quote me but I think it may run around $43), whatever it cost it's a terrific price because just the mask alone costs $72 on theBorghese's website.

Honored Contributor

Re: oil suggestion?

[ Edited ]

@gracewade wrote:

I'm trying to get my son to use the oils on his face (acne).  But he hates the way TT smells. Any suggestions for one that doesnt smell as strong?  I've only used TT and the seasonal ones.   thanks 

I would recommend an unscented oil from a health food store or Whole Foods. He can try argan oil, jojoba, marula oil, sweet almond, or maracuja oil. Tea Tree specifically has properties that help people with acne, but that won't matter if he can't stand the smell, so I'd just try a plain oil.