WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - July Chat (2015)

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!! I hope you all are having a wenderful summer!! Smiley Happy 

Chaz really pulled out all the stops for June Wen Gallons month. I don't thinks I've ever seen Chaz offer so many crazy good One Time Only (OTO) Wen values!!! Thanks Chaz, you're always trying to give Wenners the very best values!!!

wendooters deserves a big Andes mints bushel & WVM gallons of thanks. His steadfasted sleuthing gave us all sorts of advance info on these great Wen OTOs. He even took time off from his birthday festivities to help us all out. Happy Birthday, Wen Dooters!!!

--

If you missed the Wen OTOs, a number of the Wen OTOs are still available at great prices!! That said, if you are interested in purchasing them, then you may want to make your purchasing decisions soon. Frequently they are only available for a short time after Chaz's visit. 

The June 2015 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread gives a day by day account of how many gallons were sold. And the Wen Gallons - LIMITED thread gives a quick view of individual gallon countdowns for the last few days of June. -- At the end of the month at least 117,00 gallons were sold (probably more) and, among the Adult formulas, only the Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP) Seasonal was still available.

--

Even Chaz doesn't seem to know the answer to the question: will Wen Seasonal Gallons be offered next year? -- In one of his June 29th shows (at around 6:30pm) Chaz said: ... if the Seasonals [gallons] come back, I honestly don't know. Considering all of the Seasonals except for FGP sold out, clearly Wenners want their Seasonal gallons. I'm guessing that Chaz have to convince the Q that Seasonal gallons are popular products. 

--  

Chaz said that he would not have another Wen show QVC until September 5th, and that he would not be back until September 1st (probably for pre-show set up). So I'm guessing that the Wen Fall TSV will probably be on saturday, September 5. -- During July and August, Gina will be doing the Wen segments.

______

______ 

A very special thank you goes out to Hilary, aprimo, Happy Daze, Kjelle, ChynnaBlue, jaxs mom, Drythe, Susan25, ANewHue, sam96, DoxieMomma, FleaMktQn, BackwoodsBarbie,  vermint, Arianny, sailor moon, rosiegirl2, AlleyCat, Jen44, HSB1204, ValentinaBon, sonechko, Barbara In Virginia (from the Linea Forum), quadmini, CaitlinH, QVCBeautyLover, simollie, LAMS, hecate and everyone else who helped convince QVC to give us our own WEN QVC Wen forum: We have a Wen subforum now! -- I also want to give a special shout out to all the Linea Ladies (Louis Dell Olio), including Barbara in Virginia, who spearheaded the drive for sub forums. They really pulled out all the stops and made QVC take notice. -- Apologies to anyone whom I've missed thanking. That forum changeover was so confusing that it's now (thankfully) a fading memory.

______ 

______

There's been a lot of new Wenformation discussed this past June. Below I've included some of the topics that seemed of particular interest: 

* Watch Chaz & Team Wen tonight (and throughout this TV season) on Bravo's Flipping Out

-- from Chaz's facebook page: 

We are back on Season 8 of Bravo's 
Flipping Out tonight..
https://www.facebook.com/FlippingOut/videos/10155716040015481/

Chaz has been streaming video on Periscope (which is a division of Twitter) -- In message #2 of this thread, Beautoxica gives a great explanation of how to follow Chaz on Periscope. Follow him on Periscope to get the latest info on everthing new in Wen (new products, new unscented line, new fragrance, etc.)

No new Seasonals this year -- Chaz is adding more new products this year, so he will not be introducing any new Seasonals this year and some of the Seasonals will be retired. "He needs to decide which seasonals to retire and that's why he brought back the past seasonals." (info courtesy of kricket 3142 who chatted with Chaz on Periscope; see OTO Tonight?, message #28) -- While I'm not sure of what the specifics of this retirement means, generally speaking, I'm guessing that going forward less popular Seasonals will not be offered. Thanks to Kitkat21 (who Spoke to Chaz on periscope) we know that the fall scents will be returning this September. -- From what I've read on the Wen board, the Fall Apple Spice CC was less popular than other CCs. Some of the comments were too spicy, smelled more like maple syrup than apple spice, fragrance was too strong and scent remained in hair after cleansing. Personally, I loved the scent which I thought smelled like mulled apple cider (try a FAS/FGP/WCM mix for a wonderful holiday scent). This is just my observation, but if FAS is one of your favorites, then you might want to stock up on it this fall.

Wen fragrance free line -- Chaz is finally introducing a fragrance free line which will be called 319 in honor of his father: March 19th is his father's birthday. Yay!! (info courtesy of kricket3142 who chatted with Chaz on Periscope; see OTO Tonight?, message #28)

* Wen Men styling products will be launched this fall. (info courtesy of kricket3142 who chatted with Chaz on Periscope; see OTO Tonight?, message #28)

* Fall Tuscan Pear will be the next EDT (according to Chaz via Periscope -- thanks to QVCBeautyLover, VaBelle35, Doherty & Hilary for this info) 

Availability of the three Summer Seasonals -- currently only Summer Honey Peach (SHP) is available in the 32oz Cleansing Conditioner (CC) size. According to Dooters and bruingirl, Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV) and Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) will be available again later this summer when Gina host Wen segments on QVC. -- All three summer Seasonals are currently available in the 16oz. CC size. -- Based on the Can anyone recommend a CC that performs like SHP? thread, SHP looks to be really popular.

* SixThirteen (613) gallons -- for the past two years, Chaz has made the 613 gallons available in the middle of September about two weeks after his annual Fall Wen TSV. Last year, they were available through the end of October. Then, in mid November, Chaz made them available again through the end of November. Chaz has said that they would be offered again this fall.

Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) & Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) gallons -- Last June Chaz mentioned that BGT gallons would be available in Fall 2013. Of course, that was quite a while ago, so his timetable may have changed. That said, my guess is that BGT gallon offering will coincide with the 613 gallons availability. Thanks to Kitkat21 (who Spoke to Chaz on periscope) we know that Chaz is also trying to have the Mandarin Italian Fig gallons included in this offering.

Chaz will be opening up a salon in NYC  (according to Chaz via Periscope) -- per Suz585By flagship - Chaz said the store will offer WEN products and blow outs, not a "full salon". Thanks to  hockeymom5, Suz585, Riley1, and QVCBeautyLover for sharing this info. -- Also, in message #10 of this thread, ChynnaBlue haas included a link to a video of Chaz's famous "air perm"!!

--  

And just for fun...

* Just what does your Wen Stash look like? There are photos!!!

* Wenners have been pondering the Frankenbottle Question question. Just what do you do when you get to the bottom of the Wen CC bottle and the pump doesn't work?

* Watch Chaz & Team Wen tonight (and throughout this TV season) on Bravo's Flipping Out. Yeah, I did list it twice... just for fun -- from Chaz's facebook page: 

We are back on Season 8 of Bravo's 
Flipping Out tonight..
https://www.facebook.com/FlippingOut/videos/10155716040015481/

______ 

______

Welcome new Wenners!!! 

This is a really fun place to hang out, ask any questions, learn more about Wen, and share the latest inside info. -- The Wen Abbreviations Glossary and number of pumps are useful (though the info about pumps for the 32oz bottle size needs to be updated).

In this first message, I've tried to include a number of key links to topics that may be of interest to you. The Wen FAQ - the key Wen links thread offers streamlined links to a variety of Wen information, while the Wen 101 thread offers more comprehensive information (start with the Wen FAQ though, it's easier to navigate). 

We also use the monthly chat thread (Wen - July Chat (2015)) for "live" chats during Chaz's and Gina's Wen shows on QVC. Feel free to join in these Wen show chats. It's a great way to get to know fellow Wenners and it's a lot of fun. 

Two extremely popular thread to have a look through are Hilary's What Cleanser Did You Use Today? thread as well as MissKlynn's What Wen products did you use up, or open this week? thread. Both threads have ongoing discussions about the Wen products people are using and how they're using these products. Especially for new Wenners, just reading these threads daily will give you a better handle on the best ways for you to use your Wen products. If you're really zealous, of course, you can read the whole thread! But, for most people, just reading the latest entries are enough.

Hilary's great Benefits of Oils and I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! threads provide a lot of information about how to incorporate the oils into your Wen hair care routine. -- And DrCEB's Any Women of Color WEN Users Out There? thread is a great information source. A lot on Wenners find their hair really benefits from using the Wen oils. 

The Cleansing Conditioner Discovery Kits are a great way to try out Wen and the Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 provides information on the year round TSV schedule.

You can always call Chaz's salon at 323-467-6444 for any questions you have about your Wen products. Chaz Dean Salon customer info & links listed in QVC broadcasts. has additional links to the websites where you can follow Chaz on social media. He even has a special wendooters horse who helps us out from time to time. He's a whiz at using Siri on his iPad. There's a rumor that he can be bribed with peppermints and carrots!!

A lot of Wenners have their own animal friends and the Wenner's share about your fur babies ( feathered, finned and scaled too) thread -- in which Wenners have shared stories and photos -- is wonderful to read. And jaxs mom has a very special Rescue pup got a Wen bath thread for Mimi who is sooooo adorable!! Mimi's just gotten a brand new carrier bag!!

FYI, these links (and a whole lot more) are in the Wen FAQ and Wen 101 threads listed below.

Have a wenderful July everyone!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - the key Wen links - Wen 101 - WEN (QVC Wen forum)

--

last updated: July 1st

______

Valued Contributor

Wow Bebe, thank you so much for starting the July chat and for all the information you provided! I really enjoyed watching all of the June shows and all the great deals Chaz offered us this time around.  I may go through WEN withdrawal until he comes back in September - ha!  

Respected Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

Wow Bebe, thank you so much for starting the July chat and for all the information you provided! I really enjoyed watching all of the June shows and all the great deals Chaz offered us this time around.  I may go through WEN withdrawal until he comes back in September - ha!  

Yes, Thanks bebe for starting the July chat and all of the information that you provided.  It should be interesting to see what happens in the fall regarding the seasonal formulas and if some will not be offered starting in the fall or it will be the last time that they are offered.  I would imagine that Chaz already has some idea of the seasonals that he intends to retire.  I don't even want to guess which formulas may be retired and definitely could be disappointed in some of the formulas that are ultimately retired.  Regarding the summer seasonals, I can't imagine that any of them would be retired since they all seem to be very popular. 

Valued Contributor

Susan - I am hoping he gives us a last opportunity to purchase all the seasonals again and just doesn't introduce new ones.  I have some FAS and WCM, but I'd like the opportunity to order more.

Respected Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

Susan - I am hoping he gives us a last opportunity to purchase all the seasonals again and just doesn't introduce new ones.  I have some FAS and WCM, but I'd like the opportunity to order more.

I agree with you and definitely intend to order extra of the seasonals that I like if they are offered since we really can't be sure of what formulas will be retired.  Unless it is stated that a particular formula is being offered for the last time.  We don't have long to wait and we should know what they intend to do with the seasonals. 

Valued Contributor
THANKS BEBE! It's sssoooo nice to see you back on the boards. All your hard work this past month is much appreciated!

I'm going to go thru WEN withdrawals, but luckily we have these boards.

Enjoy the summer!
**Suz**
Trusted Contributor
Awesome job as usual, bebe!
You know, sometimes I think the Q buyer(s) for Wen, underestimates Wen's popularity. Chaz has mentioned numerous times that he has to convince the buyers to purchase enough units or to allow him to offer new items.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor
By the way Bebe - what do you think of CLV? I haven't seen your review of this and have been curious what your thoughts are. If you have posted it and I missed it, sorry.
**Suz**
Esteemed Contributor
No one can start a monthly chat off like our BeBe! So glad you"re back . Well it's going to be a long two months since we won't know what the sept.TSV will be until we see the August insider. We usually know in July. My stash has taken over a room BUT I'm hoping for a body TSV as its been quite a while since we've seen one, Hoping to see the old seasonal oils in the Fall too. Have a happy safe summer everyone!
Super Contributor

Happy July Wenners! Now we can let our credit cards cool off and patiently wait for September LOL!