WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - new products in the pipeline...

[ Edited ]

I haven't watched Chaz on periscope in a very long time, so I'm sort of out of the loop in terms of which upcoming new products he's hinted about. -- This is what I have so far: 

Wen Men Styling Creme

* Maybe this winter (on periscope, last fall, they had test versions in Chaz's salon) 

* Right now only Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner and Wen Men Treatment Oil are available on Chaz's site and at QVC.

* I'm guessing that Wen Men Replenishing Treatment Mist, as well as Wen Men Moussie, are probably in testing as well. Smiley Wink

Wen beachwave product

* Last September, Chaz talked about how he was developing a beachwave product. He said that this had been a difficult product to develop because the current beachwave products have ingredients in them (such as magnesium) that damage the hair. -- In September, Chaz said that he hoped to have it available by summer 2016. -- But a month or two back, evidently Chaz teased about a new product for this March that sounded as though it might be the beachwave product. 

______

EAU DE PARFUMS

Upcoming Eau de Parfum (EDP) hints from Chaz via periscope...

Periscope: Chaz signature scent and new seasonals (most recent info, courtesy of Brdwygurl on 10/24/15) -- Periscope spring summer scent testing (info courtesy of Brdwygurl on 9/18/15) -- Seasonal fragrances -- more Eau de Parfum (WWC) & fragrance -- Spring Honey Lilac fragrance in spring

__

From Brdwygurl's first post on 9/18/15 in her Periscope spring summer scent testing thread... 

Spring summer scent testing at Wen house 

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMvuijExNjA4OTA4fDFZcEtrT0JEUnB3S2qviF0W-4otztMr0iYaJ3UezW-QJPlkV6-m95ewG...

So Chaz was being very sneaky and careful not to give too much away. They were smelling and testing various combinations for new scents. They were testing scents for spring and summer 2017!

A few of the combinations they talked about

One was definitely: Creamy Coconut, grapefruit, guava.....and a secret scent he wouldn't tell. A few people made chat comments iew to guava. He said don't be afraid of Guava it smells amazing

He also said:
Coconut vanilla
Pineapple
Red grapefruit

Sometimes he just used initials.

Gp, Rg, Pl

I'm thinking RG is red grapefruit. But I don't know about the rest.

ETA:  someone made a comment in chat "please don't get rid of summer honey peach" and Chaz said it's not going anywhere.  

__ 

From Brdwygurl's first post on 10/24/15 in her Periscope: Chaz signature scent and new seasonals thread....

Two recent periscopes working on fragrances, that are due to expire around 7:30 PM Eastern time today.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aPvT7TExNjA4OTA4fDF5Tkdhb1ZPTXZieGr0rs4v097hu4ampCOrWuFXAcZAyX6DDk0YahWtk...

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aPvT1zExNjA4OTA4fDFncXh2ZVlwWWxrSkJkOaUUwQxguaElHPHVRdrcSrDL6PxwJlnWuGZCF...

Some of this information is confirmed and some of it is speculation based on snippets. So if you are looking for only confirmed info you might want to skip this post and go watch the periscope to yourself to come to your own conclusions.

They were working on Chaz's signature fragrance. Hopes have it out in June. Also working on upcoming seasonals.

Confirmed upcoming fragrances are:
WWC
SHL
SHP

They spent a good deal of time tried many varying strength combinations of: lavender , cool eucalyptus, olive leaf , cedarwood

Lots of talk about L and LAV (This makes me very happy because I love the smell of his lavender, but the cc doesn't work well on my hair)

Someone in chat requested a Jasmine scent and he said.... maybe one day you'll be very happy.

Lots of talk about MB
Heard someone in the background say bergamot...(mmmm)

At the end they brought some samples things down from his closet. They asked if it was the "Tonka one". And he said that they knocked down the Tonka to .75. (So maybe some sort of Tonka bean fragrance?)

While working on something he noticed that one of the girls hair was getting fried on the ends. He told her she was probably over drying or not using enough leave in and styling products for protection.

She mentioned that she uses a T3… And he said throw it out! Then he said she could still use it but just use it on low heat. Keep it moving etc.

Seasonal Eau de Parfums (EDP)

Chaz has confirmed on periscope that these three Eau de Parfums will be coming: 

* Spring Honey Lilac EDP 

* Summer Honey Peach EDP 

* Summer Coconut Lime Verbena EDP

Note: the exact Seasonal names may be modified because Chaz seems to tweak the ingredients for the Seasonal EDPs. -- I'm guessing that he decided to add a Summer Honey Peach (SHP) EDP because, when Chaz came out with the SHP Seasonal, that was when he added more styling products (styling creme & moussie) to the Seasonal line. So I think he's looking for general continuity... plus the fact that SHP is one of his favorite Seasonals. Smiley Wink

Wen Lavender Eau de Parfum 

On periscope last September, one of Chaz's assistants showed a test version of the Lavender EDP (he also showed the Winter White Citrus EDP test version which is now available) -- From the more Eau de Parfum (WWC) & fragrance thread:

I didn't get the full name for the lavender formula but this was the list of ingredients: 

* cucumber extract, lemon, lavender, eucalyptus, bergamot oils

Chaz's Signature Scent 

On periscope, Chaz has mentioned that he hopes this scent will be available in June (probably to coincide with June Wen Gallons Month). -- Periscope: Chaz signature scent and new seasonals (this is the most recent info which is courtesy of Brdwygurl on 10/24/15): 

They were working on Chaz's signature fragrance. Hopes have it out in June.

Mandarin Italian Fig EDP 

In another periscope video, someone had asked Chaz if he would be doing a Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) fragrance. He said that he really liked MIF, but that a fragrance would have to wait until he had finished the four Seasonal EDPs.

______

POSSIBLE NEW CLEANSING PRODUCTS  

possible New Cleansing Products -- ??? 

During today's 9am one-hour, Chaz was talking about the Vitamin K and the arnica which he puts in his 613 & 319 Nourishing Body Treatment (NBT). -- Then he mentioned that putting arnica and Vitamin K into his cleansing products increased the cost ten-fold. This got my attention because Chaz used the phrase "cleansing products" and I was pretty sure that Chaz hasn't put either of these ingredients into any of this other "cleansing products".

I listened to this segment of the show a few more times to see if I could get any more tidbits or hints, but that was all he said. -- My guess is that Chaz mentioned it in passing simply because he wanted to let people know that one of the reasons that the NBT was expensive was due to the arnica and Vitamin K in them. I think that the "cleansing products" reference may have just slipped out. Smiley Happy

So it sounds to me as though Chaz is developing some cleansing products for the body... maybe for the face, in particular.

__

My guess for possible 319 cleansing products (maybe with VItamin K & arnica)... 

The 319 (fragrance free) Nourishing Body Treatment -- along with the 613 NBT -- is the current Wen product that has both Vitamin K and arnica. -- Soooo, I'm wondering, in particular, if Chaz might be developing a 319 facial cleanser with both Vitamin K and arnica. 

My guess for possible upcoming 319 facial products (maybe with VItamin K and arnica)... 

* sunscreen -- Chaz has mentioned doing a sunscreen product in the past 

* BB cream 

Question... does Chaz mention that people can use the 319 NBT on their face? I'm asking because I don't know the answer to this question. -- If 319 NBT can be used on the face, then I tend to think that Chaz probably wouldn't create a new moisturizer for the face.

__

Right now, these are the current cleansing products which can be used for the body and face: 

* Body Cleansing Creme (BCC) -- available in classic scents 

* All of the Wen Cleansing Conditioners -- although the BBCs were specifically formulated for the body

* Wen Treatment Oils -- for removing makeup. In particular, the Tea Tree / Eucalyptus helps with acne

Are there any other upcoming products that Chaz has talked about? And what's the latest news from periscope? @Brdwygurl @Kjelle and @icezeus, if I remember correctly, you all sometimes watch the periscope videos. What's the latest news? Smiley Wink

-- bebe, the curious Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - new products in the periscope pipeline...

Thanks for summarizing, Bebe.

I've tried watching Chaz on Periscope quite a few times and find it incredibly boring. It will pop up with a title like "watch so and so's reveal" because he just did a new style for someone, but first there's 10 minutes of wandering around and chatting with people about nothing related to the topic, then maybe there's a reveal or maybe there's another 10 minutes of rambling, then there's more rambling. Or it's something like watching the dogs eat dinner or watching the PEOPLE eat dinner. I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

Hi @ChynnaBlue, thanks for you kind words. Smiley Happy

I had some time this morning and I realized that I didn't have a good handle anymore on what was in the Wen pipeline, so I put this together.

I know what you mean about periscope. I gave it up because, even though I was multi-tasking whenever I was watching it, it became a time commitment that took up too much time. Smiley Happy That said, I really appreciate when folks share alerts about key periscope videos because there are some really informative and entertaining ones out there. Smiley Happy

It's 12:27 pm ET and I just finished tweaking my first post in this Wen new products thread, so you may want to reread it. lol, of course, after I posted it then I realized that there was some additional useful info out there. lol, that always happens!! Smiley Wink

I hope you are enjoying your long weekend!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thanks for the update @bebe777!  Sadly I haven't had much time for periscope lately.  Glad to have the day off today, so I can watch the Wen shows Heart

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Thanks for summarizing, Bebe.

I've tried watching Chaz on Periscope quite a few times and find it incredibly boring. It will pop up with a title like "watch so and so's reveal" because he just did a new style for someone, but first there's 10 minutes of wandering around and chatting with people about nothing related to the topic, then maybe there's a reveal or maybe there's another 10 minutes of rambling, then there's more rambling. Or it's something like watching the dogs eat dinner or watching the PEOPLE eat dinner. I don't get it.

I agree. I tried watching a few but just didn't have the patience. I'll just come here and hope that someone else had the patience to sit through the entire clip. Cat Tongue

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 you have so much good information as usual! I will be very interested to see all he ends up bringing us. I love all of the fragrance ideas! I probably won't have much of a collection, but just knowing such lovely things are in existence makes me happy.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

I haven't watched Chaz on periscope in a very long time, so I'm sort of out of the loop in terms of which upcoming new products he's hinted about. -- This is what I have so far: 

Wen Men Styling Creme

* Maybe this winter (on periscope, last fall, they had test versions in Chaz's salon) 

* Right now only Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner and Wen Men Treatment Oil are available on Chaz's site and at QVC.

* I'm guessing that Wen Men Replenishing Treatment Mist, as well as Wen Men Moussie, are probably in testing as well. Smiley Wink

Wen beachwave product

* Last September, Chaz talked about how he was developing a beachwave product. He said that this had been a difficult product to develop because the current beachwave products have ingredients in them (such as magnesium) that damage the hair. -- In September, Chaz said that he hoped to have it available by summer 2016. -- But a month or two back, evidently Chaz teased about a new product for this March that sounded as though it might be the beachwave product. 

______

EAU DE PARFUMS

Upcoming Eau de Parfum (EDP) hints from Chaz via periscope...

Periscope: Chaz signature scent and new seasonals (most recent info, courtesy of Brdwygurl on 10/24/15) -- Periscope spring summer scent testing (info courtesy of Brdwygurl on 9/18/15) -- Seasonal fragrances -- more Eau de Parfum (WWC) & fragrance -- Spring Honey Lilac fragrance in spring

__

From Brdwygurl's first post on 9/18/15 in her Periscope spring summer scent testing thread... 

Spring summer scent testing at Wen house 

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMvuijExNjA4OTA4fDFZcEtrT0JEUnB3S2qviF0W-4otztMr0iYaJ3UezW-QJPlkV6-m95ewG...

So Chaz was being very sneaky and careful not to give too much away. They were smelling and testing various combinations for new scents. They were testing scents for spring and summer 2017!

A few of the combinations they talked about

One was definitely: Creamy Coconut, grapefruit, guava.....and a secret scent he wouldn't tell. A few people made chat comments iew to guava. He said don't be afraid of Guava it smells amazing

He also said:
Coconut vanilla
Pineapple
Red grapefruit

Sometimes he just used initials.

Gp, Rg, Pl

I'm thinking RG is red grapefruit. But I don't know about the rest.

ETA:  someone made a comment in chat "please don't get rid of summer honey peach" and Chaz said it's not going anywhere.  

__ 

From Brdwygurl's first post on 10/24/15 in her Periscope: Chaz signature scent and new seasonals thread....

Two recent periscopes working on fragrances, that are due to expire around 7:30 PM Eastern time today.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aPvT7TExNjA4OTA4fDF5Tkdhb1ZPTXZieGr0rs4v097hu4ampCOrWuFXAcZAyX6DDk0YahWtk...

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aPvT1zExNjA4OTA4fDFncXh2ZVlwWWxrSkJkOaUUwQxguaElHPHVRdrcSrDL6PxwJlnWuGZCF...

Some of this information is confirmed and some of it is speculation based on snippets. So if you are looking for only confirmed info you might want to skip this post and go watch the periscope to yourself to come to your own conclusions.

They were working on Chaz's signature fragrance. Hopes have it out in June. Also working on upcoming seasonals.

Confirmed upcoming fragrances are:
WWC
SHL
SHP

They spent a good deal of time tried many varying strength combinations of: lavender , cool eucalyptus, olive leaf , cedarwood

Lots of talk about L and LAV (This makes me very happy because I love the smell of his lavender, but the cc doesn't work well on my hair)

Someone in chat requested a Jasmine scent and he said.... maybe one day you'll be very happy.

Lots of talk about MB
Heard someone in the background say bergamot...(mmmm)

At the end they brought some samples things down from his closet. They asked if it was the "Tonka one". And he said that they knocked down the Tonka to .75. (So maybe some sort of Tonka bean fragrance?)

While working on something he noticed that one of the girls hair was getting fried on the ends. He told her she was probably over drying or not using enough leave in and styling products for protection.

She mentioned that she uses a T3… And he said throw it out! Then he said she could still use it but just use it on low heat. Keep it moving etc.

Seasonal Eau de Parfums (EDP)

Chaz has confirmed on periscope that these three Eau de Parfums will be coming: 

* Spring Honey Lilac EDP 

* Summer Honey Peach EDP 

* Summer Coconut Lime Verbena EDP

Note: the exact Seasonal names may be modified because Chaz seems to tweak the ingredients for the Seasonal EDPs. -- I'm guessing that he decided to add a Summer Honey Peach (SHP) EDP because, when Chaz came out with the SHP Seasonal, that was when he added more styling products (styling creme & moussie) to the Seasonal line. So I think he's looking for general continuity... plus the fact that SHP is one of his favorite Seasonals. Smiley Wink

Wen Lavender Eau de Parfum 

On periscope last September, one of Chaz's assistants showed a test version of the Lavender EDP (he also showed the Winter White Citrus EDP test version which is now available) -- From the more Eau de Parfum (WWC) & fragrance thread:

I didn't get the full name for the lavender formula but this was the list of ingredients: 

* cucumber extract, lemon, lavender, eucalyptus, bergamot oils

Chaz's Signature Scent 

On periscope, Chaz has mentioned that he hopes this scent will be available in June (probably to coincide with June Wen Gallons Month). -- Periscope: Chaz signature scent and new seasonals (this is the most recent info which is courtesy of Brdwygurl on 10/24/15): 

They were working on Chaz's signature fragrance. Hopes have it out in June.

Mandarin Italian Fig EDP 

In another periscope video, someone had asked Chaz if he would be doing a Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) fragrance. He said that he really liked MIF, but that a fragrance would have to wait until he had finished the four Seasonal EDPs.

______

POSSIBLE NEW CLEANSING PRODUCTS  

possible New Cleansing Products -- ??? 

During today's 9am one-hour, Chaz was talking about the Vitamin K and the arnica which he puts in his 613 & 319 Nourishing Body Treatment (NBT). -- Then he mentioned that putting arnica and Vitamin K into his cleansing products increased the cost ten-fold. This got my attention because Chaz used the phrase "cleansing products" and I was pretty sure that Chaz hasn't put either of these ingredients into any of this other "cleansing products".

I listened to this segment of the show a few more times to see if I could get any more tidbits or hints, but that was all he said. -- My guess is that Chaz mentioned it in passing simply because he wanted to let people know that one of the reasons that the NBT was expensive was due to the arnica and Vitamin K in them. I think that the "cleansing products" reference may have just slipped out. Smiley Happy

So it sounds to me as though Chaz is developing some cleansing products for the body... maybe for the face, in particular.

__

My guess for possible 319 cleansing products (maybe with VItamin K & arnica)... 

The 319 (fragrance free) Nourishing Body Treatment -- along with the 613 NBT -- is the current Wen product that has both Vitamin K and arnica. -- Soooo, I'm wondering, in particular, if Chaz might be developing a 319 facial cleanser with both Vitamin K and arnica. 

My guess for possible upcoming 319 facial products (maybe with VItamin K and arnica)... 

* sunscreen -- Chaz has mentioned doing a sunscreen product in the past 

* BB cream 

Question... does Chaz mention that people can use the 319 NBT on their face? I'm asking because I don't know the answer to this question. -- If 319 NBT can be used on the face, then I tend to think that Chaz probably wouldn't create a new moisturizer for the face.

__

Right now, these are the current cleansing products which can be used for the body and face: 

* Body Cleansing Creme (BCC) -- available in classic scents 

* All of the Wen Cleansing Conditioners -- although the BBCs were specifically formulated for the body

* Wen Treatment Oils -- for removing makeup. In particular, the Tea Tree / Eucalyptus helps with acne

Are there any other upcoming products that Chaz has talked about? And what's the latest news from periscope? @Brdwygurl @Kjelle and @icezeus, if I remember correctly, you all sometimes watch the periscope videos. What's the latest news? Smiley Wink

-- bebe, the curious Smiley Wink

Oh that all sounds great Bebe...but 613 will always be the best fragrance in my line up!..I wonder what the beachwave product would be like...hmmm

Trusted Contributor

Can't wait for that beachwave product.  Very interested in SHL perfume, and SCLV perfume.  I love the lime scent in the CC.  Thanks Bebe!

Honored Contributor

If he made his Guava like the scent of Korres Guava producs, I would LOVE it. I love that warm scent and would love for his product to smell like that.  I swear I already posted the same thing before, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I'm pretty into tropical scents myself! I do think I'm going to have to try the lilac loveliness. The beachwaver is also very interesting.

I need to STEP AWAY from the Wen Wishing Well. Or maybe closer ...?