WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Monthly Chat - January 2021

[ Edited ]

@Suz585 About time you show up on the forum!! Smiley LOL  I always enjoy your posts. Heart

That is so thoughtful of you about sending the pumps. But first, I am so, so curious WHY you put the 32-ounce into a gallon container. Do tell.....what's up with that? ha! Usually it is the other way around because there isn't room in the shower for gallons. You must have a HUGE shower! Smiley Surprised

So this is the latest scoop from Chaz's team. They emailed me this morning and said they put the pumps in the mail to me, giving me a tracking number.

If, for some reason, they are not the tall ones that I asked for, I will let you know. I have no problem paying you for the pumps and the shipping costs; I insist. I just want the dang things! Smiley LOL Aesthetically/visually, I just want them all to be the same when I walk into the bathroom. If they aren't, the odd ones will stick out like a sore thumb! ha!

Any chance you will be going back to see Chaz this year? Does your husband have another event in Vegas he needs to go to so you can swing on by California, or wants to go to California to see his brother (think that is the relative in California)? Or is Covid-19 keeping you close to home?

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Suz585 About time you show up on the forum!! Smiley LOL  I always enjoy your posts. Heart

That is so thoughtful of you about sending the pumps. But first, I am so, so curious WHY you put the 32-ounce into a gallon container. Do tell.....what's up with that? ha! Usually it is the other way around because there isn't room in the shower for gallons. You must have a HUGE shower! Smiley Surprised

So this is the latest scoop from Chaz's team. They emailed me this morning and said they put the pumps in the mail to me, giving me a tracking number.

If, for some reason, they are not the tall ones that I asked for, I will let you know. I have no problem paying you for the pumps and the shipping costs; I insist. I just want the dang things! Smiley LOL Aesthetically/visually, I just want them all to be the same when I walk into the bathroom. If they aren't, the odd ones will stick out like a sore thumb! ha!

Any chance you will be going back to see Chaz this year? Does your husband have another event in Vegas he needs to go to so you can swing on by California, or wants to go to California to see his brother (think that is the relative in California)? Or is Covid-19 keeping you close to home?

@World Traveler 

You're just the sweetest 💗💗💗!!

I have a very "typical" tub/shower which I'm lucky not to share with anyone else.  My hubby designed a shelf for me, so I can fit up to 4 gallons in the shower. I prefer using the gallons over the 32oz for ease of use. I only require 3 pumps from the gallon rather than pumping and counting and pumping and counting. Guess I'm kinda lazy . . .😆

I have to honest, I am super happy I had a large stash of WEN this year. Due to Covid-19, I was furloughed for 6 months (and we still aren't "back to normal"). It was super comforting to know I wasn't going to run out of WEN! I felt bad I wasn't supporting Chaz during his QVC shows, but I was still watching. 

I completely understand wanting your dream shower to be perfect! Plus it's easier to use the tall pumps, you use less pumps. Your shower looks lovely!  Keep me posted if you don't receive the tall pumps. 

I doubt I will be seeing Chaz this year. Perhaps 2022. My hubby just went back to work last week (yup, that was a long 10 months 😳). I have no idea when we will be able to go back to Vegas. His brother has retired and moved to South Carolina. But I will see Chaz again, one day! 

For the first month of quarantine, every time I washed, I followed it up with a remoist treatment (plus I had a lot to use up). Then I started using his new tonic often. I didn't think it made a difference, boy was I wrong! Fast forward a few months, my hair looks great! It's definitely fuller, lots of body and very healthy. I'm currently in love with his "hair spray". I really like how it holds my fly aways. I've been using it on my wet hair as I blow dry it. Wow! 

I'm super happy I stuck with WEN through the years. I've had ups and downs but I think sticking with it is definitely worth it! My hairdresser can't get over how fast my hair grows and how healthy it is. 

Are you able to get an appointment with Chaz in 2021? I know it's a heck of a drive for you. 

Thanks for being such a wonderful WEN Angel!! Even though I don't post often, I always look forward to reading your posts 💗💗!!

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

@Suz585 Well, you better keep that husband of yours.....building a special shelf for your WEN stash is enough reason to hang onto him, right! Smiley LOL

Well, you both had a long time to be off work. I had five months and my house sure got super clean during that time! Found stuff I had forgotten I purchased. I threw a lot of things out. And why in the world do I have THREE new waterpics? When I came across those (not all in the same place!), I could only come to the conclusion that over the years QVC had great sales and I guess I wanted an extra "just in case." Smiley LOL

I will try to get to Chaz later in the year. Quite frankly, it truly is a long drive and counting the time I am with him and walking around the grounds, checking out the store, well you can imagine that it is a very full day to do it all, even though I don't have done half of what you had done when you were there.

Plus, my car this summer surpassed 100,000 miles and I am leery of driving it long distances anymore. It still looks good and I'm not interested in buying a new one any sooner than I have to. 

I see that the package from Chaz's team is "out for delivery"! WOW! That was fast service!. Fingers crossed that what they sent actually are the very tall plunger/dispensers. I'll let you know. Heart

Respected Contributor

I have a "new" appreciation of Chaz...I remember a while back, (I am not sure when)

he was doing QVC shows & his back went out, (so to speak) I remember how much pain he was in but did the shows anyway..Well my back went out yesterday morning, I am not sure why it came into my mind, but I thought HOW did he do that, (obviously pain meds) but even those werent helping my pain yesterday.. I could not of done a TV show, I could  hardly walk to the "bathroom"..Smiley Sad  

Respected Contributor

@Suz585 

Yes the "hair tonic"...this is an awsome product, I rarely miss & my hairline is filling in for sure...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Suz585 Well, the saga continues.

1. Received the pumps yesterday. Tall enough for the 32-ounce bottles, but not the extra long neck, which means you have to do 6-8 pumps versus 1 pump. Smiley Sad

2. Reached out again to Chaz's team and they said they would contact the warehouse again and see what they can do.

I think they may have asked for "tall pumps for the 32-ounce bottles," however, didn't indicate that the neck of the pump is X-amount of inches higher than normal or perhaps didn't show the photo I sent them where they can see the difference between the neck of the pumps.

I'm going to hang on for a few more days and see what they come up with next. 

Stand by! Heart

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

I've noticed the change in pump sizes too.  All the CCs I have now are from QVC.  It seems like in the last year or so the pumps have changed to the thin straw, tallest pumps.

I have a bunch of old pumps and those vary in sizes.  Some are the oldest with the thicker straws and shortest pumps.  Those were from the Classic CCs.  The older Seasonals came with a thin straw-taller pump than the Classics, but the pump itself was not quite as tall as the ones I've gotten recently.

I'm on A-D for Tea Tree 32oz. from the holiday/winter sale.  Even those now have the thin straw, tallest pump.  So I assumed that was going to be the standard 32oz. pump from now on for all formulas across the board.

I hope all that makes any sense to you.  I didn't really know how to explain it.🤷‍♀️

I love your new shower shelf!  I'd want all of my bottles to be uniform too!😉

Honored Contributor

@geezerette That just doesn't make sense to me to have the straws thinner and/or shorter. Some of his formulas, like 613, are quite thick. Smiley Sad

If I ever get some more with the longer necks and thicker straws, I am jut going to keep recycling them with each new bottle I get until I die! Smiley Surprised

Perhaps I should purchase some scents that are not selling as fast. Maybe THEY would have the taller/thicker plunger/dispensers. Hmmmm...

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@geezerette That just doesn't make sense to me to have the straws thinner and/or shorter. Some of his formulas, like 613, are quite thick. Smiley Sad

If I ever get some more with the longer necks and thicker straws, I am jut going to keep recycling them with each new bottle I get until I die! Smiley Surprised

Perhaps I should purchase some scents that are not selling as fast. Maybe THEY would have the taller/thicker plunger/dispensers. Hmmmm...

@World Traveler 

That's what I do with all my products that use pumps.  Unless I'm changing formulas, I just keep using the same pump on each new bottle until it quits working.  I have a huge stash of old pumps.  I probably should get rid of some but I like to keep extras because every once in a while I'll get a pump that doesn't work.  If we were allowed to exchange personal information, I'd send you some!😉

I don't know for sure if it's true that these new pumps are going to be for all formulas, it's just my observation from what I've received lately.

I also noticed that Chaz has stopped putting the manufactured date on his products.  I assumed that was because of all the confusion about these being expiration dates instead.  But now that you bring up the pump issue, I wonder if he might have changed manufacturers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette and @Suz585 I have contacted the QVC people to see if there is a way for me to get my email address to both of you so we can discuss further the possibility of getting extra WEN pumps with the longer/taller neck for the 32-ounce bottles, like they used to make. Hopefully there is a way to do it without being in conflict with the forum rules and regulations. Heart

Thanks for indicating your willingness to send them (I would pay for them and the shipping) if we can somehow make it work. 

Ones like the WEN bottle on the left of the photo, not the new shorter ones, which don't open up tall as in the past. Also, like the three on the left of the second photo. Really bothers me that they are not all lined up the same height-wise. Smiley LOL

IMG_5391.jpegCubby Hole.jpg