WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Monthly Chat - January 2021

[ Edited ]

@quadmimi  I've noticed the difference in straw thickness too! Perhaps the thicker formulas, like 613, have the wider straw. Hmmmm.....

So here is the cubby hole in my new shower.

The three plungers/dispensers to the left are the kind I have always gotten in the past five plus years. Tall.

The next four plungers/dispensers in the middle are the ones I got off eBay, where they said they were for the WEN 32-ounce bottles. That's as high as they go.

The single one at the far right is the plunger/dispenser that Chaz's team sent me. That is as far as it pops up! It is shorter than the eBay ones I got (thinking they were as tall as the ones on the left).

I emailed them about this and they said they would check their warehouse to see if they had any more of the taller ones. 

As you can see, if you are used to using one full pump from the really tall ones (three on the left), but now you can only get the short ones (last one on the right), you have to pump 6-8 times for my short hair. Before all I did was one full pump from the tall plunger.

Not happy about this. Smiley Mad

Cubby Hole.jpg

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Recently, someone on another thread, said Nick’s warehouse was closed due to COVID.

Not trying to start rumors, just what I read, I have no idea.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@quadmimi  I've noticed the difference in straw thickness too! Perhaps the thicker formulas, like 613, have the wider straw. Hmmmm.....

So here is the cubby hole in my new shower.

The three plungers/dispensers to the left are the kind I have always gotten in the past five plus years. Tall.

The next four plungers/dispensers in the middle are the ones I got off eBay, where they said they were for the WEN 32-ounce bottles. That's as high as they go.

The single one at the far right is the plunger/dispenser that Chaz's team sent me. That is as far as it pops up! It is shorter than the eBay ones I got (thinking they were as tall as the ones on the left).

I emailed them about this and they said they would check their warehouse to see if they had any more of the taller ones. 

As you can see, if you are used to using one full pump from the really tall ones (three on the left), but now you can only get the short ones (last one on the right), you have to pump 6-8 times for my short hair. Before all I did was one full pump from the tall plunger.

Not happy about this. Smiley Mad

Cubby Hole.jpg

@World Traveler 

Oh gosh that is beautiful!  You must be so happy with it..Smiley Happy

Yes I can see the difference, I hope CHaz can find you some, (or you figure out a new way to get your needed amount)...Your bottles look so nice all lined up..thanks for the picture...

Honored Contributor

@Drythe I read that too. That might account for the lower number of items in his inventory, especially the spray that I would have purchased. But now that I know I probably just need to deal with cleaning the nozzle frequently, I'll go back to WEN after the current spray from Aveda is used up. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Love your Wen nook - and the tile is beautiful.

I too have bottles with both pumps - some short, some tall and some fat. I'm not sure but I vaguely remember @x Hedge posting something about the pump size quite some time ago.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 Still hoping that Chaz's warehouse will come thru and find some of the tall ones for me. For Pete's Sake, THAT is the reason for making the nook so tall!!! ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - And, you have all of my favorites in that nook, lol.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 I knew we were so, so alike! Ha!

What is missing is the gallon Mango Coconut, because I thought he was discontinuing it. After I got that gallon, he had a trio of 32-ounce MC the following month. GRRR!!

The gallon will go down on the built-in bench that is in the shower.

Respected Contributor

World Traveler, your bathroom is LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY!  OH!  I wish I had a nice bathroom!!!

I would love to put all mine like you have yours!!!!

I like the very wide pump straws, not the thin ones that go way up.

I was watching Chaz do Marisol's hair and he was telling us to do our hair in the shower, bent forwards not backwards.  I tried this and it's much easier.  When I had a short bob it didn't matter but now it's getting long so I do it forward and wow, SO much better.  Can do my combing through easier too.  Just thought I'd mention that.

I really love your bathroom!  It's beautiful!!!!  We're waiting to sell our place but I won't do it while we still have our cat.  She's used to her areas inside and out.  She's a senior and I don't want to upset her.  Cats are VERY tied to their places and routines so we won't do anything while she's still with us but our place is around 60 yrs. old and cute but too much.  I'd love to get something much newer, even just to rent.  Have to see when the time comes.  I ALWAYS wanted to have all my Wen at my disposal but our present bathroom just will not accommodate that.

Thank you for posting the picture!!!

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@riley1 Still hoping that Chaz's warehouse will come thru and find some of the tall ones for me. For Pete's Sake, THAT is the reason for making the nook so tall!!! ha!

@World Traveler 

Hi there! Long time since we've chatted ( I keep checking in on the forum every now and again). I have some extra of pumps I could send you. I keep emptying the 32oz into gallons and don't use the pumps. You're bathroom is amazing!!!

**Suz**