WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Experience with FAS

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

@HSB1204

your hair might be more porous than mine, so that could be why the FAS scent lasts on your hair.

@sailor_moon Yes, it must be. I thought I'd never get the scent out of my hair.

@HSB1204 and @sailor_moon my hair is really porous but even the FAS scent doesn't linger that long... unfortunately. Smiley Sad

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

I used my beloved FAS this morning...no smell at all left in my air either...My Hub used it an only smelled apples!..I think the beauty of the Wen scents is they are different for each one...but the performance of the one an only "FAS" is in my hair today!. ..the all time most bouncy hair ever !  Smiley Happy

@quadmimi

FAS = Wen model hair in a bottle.Cat Wink

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

@HSB1204

your hair might be more porous than mine, so that could be why the FAS scent lasts on your hair.

@HSB1204 and @sailor_moon my hair is really porous but even the FAS scent doesn't linger that long... unfortunately. Smiley Sad

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 your hair is probably too porous. It absorbs a lot but holds on to very little. So, I imagine, styling your hair is a delicate balancing act... too little product is just as bad as too much product.

With my extremely low porosity hair, I can load up on product; and my hair will absorb, and hold on to whatever it can. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sailor moon wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

@HSB1204

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 your hair is probably too porous. It absorbs a lot but holds on to very little. So, I imagine, styling your hair is a delicate balancing act... too little product is just as bad as too much product.

With my extremely low porosity hair, I can load up on product; and my hair will absorb, and hold on to whatever it can. 

@sailor_moon thank you so much for sharing this because you are describing my hair perfectly. And yes, styling it is an extremely delicate balance. Smiley Wink

While I'm never going to have top notch Wen model hair, using Wen improved my overall hair quality. And I've gotten a number of helpful tips from Wenners and from Chaz. 

I started to understand just how porous my hair was after using the FIG CC every now and then. Within about 12 hours my hair would start to get greasy (this also happened with Sweet Almond Mint). It seemed like such an odd reaction but, since I could go for 3-4 days between cleanses with the other formulas, I knew that the problem was with the FIG and SAM. Over time I figured out that these two CCs were slowly leaking out of my hair shaft. Yikes!!! Every 6 months or so I experiment by cleansing with SAM again but the results are always the same. Smiley Sad

For the same reason, I dont use much Remoist when I don an overnight treatment. If I do then the Remoist will leak out of my hair for the next few cleanses. So using the Remoist is very cost effective since I can only put a small amount on my hair at a time. 

I don't have a lot of hair and it's just below shoulder length (about Chaz's length). In his periscope feeds he mentioned that he uses two pumps of styling creme (SC) for his hair and three pumps if he wants to bring out the curl in his hair. Since I probably have 4-5 years of SC on hand, I have started using 2 pumps of SC in my leave in. It's really helped tame the frizz in my hair. When I get brave enough, I'll up it to three pumps of SC. 

My hair can't get enough of the amino acid complex. In fact, last summer I did a three day weekend 613 CC mask treatment. For three days I kept reapplying 613 CC to my hair. It didn't make it brittle, but there was an upward limit in terms of how much the amino acid complex could actually help my hair. 

The bamboo water in both the Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) also help give my hair more flexible body. 

Recently I started using the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) for my first cleanse. I also started priming dry hair with MIF Cleansing Conditioner for about 10 minutes before I cleanse my hair. Hands down, this combination been the best at giving my hair both body and moisture.

My hiar never goes near a hair dryer since it's already very fragile. I can dry it in front of a portable fan in about 5-6 minutes. Smiley Happy

I even sometimes get bouncy Wen model hair. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- 10/16 - 10/20 wen shows & hits per Dooters -