WEN

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

Tried the mousse with the treatment spray on dry hair that I have read others are doing. Well, that worked too! First time I had done that. I still prefer to wash my hair every day, but nice to know I don't have to.

I also tried going down from 20 pumps of mousse, which I did because I heard of someone else doing that, to around 10. Interestingly, it didn't give me as much volume on my very short hair as the 20 pumps. It gave body, but the 20 pumps (which I thought was overkill) really does make a difference! 

My 613 mousse is STILL in processing! Double Grrrrrr! 

So fun to experiment with the suggestions you all give!

Ok i tried my 613 mousse today.. My hair looks good but now i am thinking i didnt use enough.. I have hair just below ears i used 3-4 pumps after SC after i blotted of some of water.. Will up to 6-8 pumps tomorrow.. I cleasnse everday, an have to color my roots..

Hope your is sent soon!..

@quadmimi My hair is a little shorter than yours, but I'm letting it grow over the winter Smiley Surprised I started with 3 pumps, but I used 5 this morning with very good results & thinking I could do 6. So I bet you can do 6 to 8 pumps. Also, like bebe I'm using more SC. I like the results I'm getting with 2 pumps Smiley Very Happy

I don't know about the mousse...Maybe I am doing it wrong, I will try again tommorow with more pumps..I did it in soaking wet hair (after the SC) I put more at the roots than on the ends...but I am not giving up yet...thanks for your help

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

Tried the mousse with the treatment spray on dry hair that I have read others are doing. Well, that worked too! First time I had done that. I still prefer to wash my hair every day, but nice to know I don't have to.

I also tried going down from 20 pumps of mousse, which I did because I heard of someone else doing that, to around 10. Interestingly, it didn't give me as much volume on my very short hair as the 20 pumps. It gave body, but the 20 pumps (which I thought was overkill) really does make a difference! 

Ok i tried my 613 mousse today.. My hair looks good but now i am thinking i didnt use enough.. I have hair just below ears i used 3-4 pumps after SC after i blotted of some of water.. Will up to 6-8 pumps tomorrow.. I cleasnse everday, an have to color my roots..

@quadmimi My hair is a little shorter than yours, but I'm letting it grow over the winter Smiley Surprised I started with 3 pumps, but I used 5 this morning with very good results & thinking I could do 6. So I bet you can do 6 to 8 pumps. Also, like bebe I'm using more SC. I like the results I'm getting with 2 pumps Smiley Very Happy

I don't know about the mousse...Maybe I am doing it wrong, I will try again tommorow with more pumps..I did it in soaking wet hair (after the SC) I put more at the roots than on the ends...but I am not giving up yet...thanks for your help

I do it the same way, but when I first started trying to use the mousse it just wasn't working well for me. I experimented on & off and then one day it just worked Smiley Surprised

After that there was no going back, I use it every time I cleanse Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

I do it the same way, but when I first started trying to use the mousse it just wasn't working well for me. I experimented on & off and then one day it just worked Smiley Surprised

After that there was no going back, I use it every time I cleanse Smiley Very Happy

Oh I will keep working with it...I think your right, even tho we try and follow Chaz's instruction, each of our hair is slightly different than someone else's..I am also fighting more and more gray so that changes things also...thanks for advice...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@FleaMktQn I used more SC today than I've ever used and wow! I think this was the best hair day I've ever had with Wen. My hair was so soft and all the little frizzy hair that start to act up towards the end of the day actually behaved for once! I know, I know...I should have listened a long time ago. Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@quadmimi My hair is shorter, but I found a difference between the 10 pumps and the 20 pumps of the lavender mousse. Not sure why I need so much to get the desired effect, but am thinking the 613 mousse may be stronger and I won't need as much. Thanks for your update and am glad you got it!

@World Traveler I think my hair was as short as yours back in the summer. I am one of those that's careful not to use too much leave in products. But I'm discovering that I can use much more than I thought.

I have several different mousses & use the same amount of whichever one I'm inspired to use at the time. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on the 613 & hope it arrives ASAP Smiley Wink

@FleaMktQn It finally shipped!!! YAY! Supposed to be here 11/3.

Went back to the 20 pumps of mousse today instead of the 10 and it definitely makes a difference. My hair feel/look so much fuller. Makes me think I have way more hair than I really do. One of the reasons I keep my hair so short is because it has been thinning over the past year. But since using WEN (started in June) and the other products like his styling cream and mousse, also glossing serum, my hair is much better. And that's a fact! ha!

Even when I don't have all his products on my head, my hair feels/looks better. But using all the products just amps it up. When I finally get the 613 mousse, I'm going to be really interested in the results, as I expect even more from that product than the lavender I've been using.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler I'm a WEN baby too, I started using in Feb this year & have gone WEN crazy Smiley Embarassed

My hair is salt & pepper, and I'm fine with that, always said I'd never color it Smiley Happy I don't have any problems with thinning hair, but it's wavy & tends to frizz so I keep it short. I had an itchy scalp, when I'd scratch my head my fingernails would have all this crud. That was gone the first time I used WEN CC. I was hooked, thought I could just use the CC & no other products. HA Silly ME, I found the QVC WEN Forum Smiley LOL

I haven't seen you mention the oils or remoist. Even tho my hair isn't thinning I have new growth around my forehead.

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 More SC is really working for me too Smiley Very Happy 2 pumps gets soaked right up & it seems like my hair can hold more mousse too

Respected Contributor

I have been experimenting with the mousse lately. I have been letting my wavy/curly hair dry naturally. My hair is fine in texture, but I have a lot of it. I don't really want volume, I just want curl definition. My hair is chin length. I have been using 6 pumps, but I'm wondering if I need more. I don't want all the volume, so I'm afraid more pumps may make my hair look like a puff ball. Any suggestions from those with a similar hair type???

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I have been experimenting with the mousse lately. I have been letting my wavy/curly hair dry naturally. My hair is fine in texture, but I have a lot of it. I don't really want volume, I just want curl definition. My hair is chin length. I have been using 6 pumps, but I'm wondering if I need more. I don't want all the volume, so I'm afraid more pumps may make my hair look like a puff ball. Any suggestions from those with a similar hair type???

I watched Chaz Dean video by Ashley using mousse for short hair curls. She was explaining and showing how she does it. Her hair is shorter than yours, @Hilary77, and I don't know if her's is the type of curles you desire, but here is a link Cat Happy:

http://chazdean.com/tips/#!PidoE60i80U

Esteemed Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@World Traveler I'm a WEN baby too, I started using in Feb this year & have gone WEN crazy Smiley Embarassed

My hair is salt & pepper, and I'm fine with that, always said I'd never color it Smiley Happy I don't have any problems with thinning hair, but it's wavy & tends to frizz so I keep it short. I had an itchy scalp, when I'd scratch my head my fingernails would have all this crud. That was gone the first time I used WEN CC. I was hooked, thought I could just use the CC & no other products. HA Silly ME, I found the QVC WEN Forum Smiley LOL

I haven't seen you mention the oils or remoist. Even tho my hair isn't thinning I have new growth around my forehead.

"when I'd scratch my head my fingernails would have all this crud"  - me too, and I thought it was normal.

Not anymore. If anything, my scalp is the cleanest it had ever been. It is so clean, I actually do not have to wash it for days, if I did not want to.

I don't want to put anyone's experiences down, but I actually really wonder about truthfullness of claims in all these "Do you have Wen build-up" threads. Cat Happy