WEN

Honored Contributor

Wen - how do you like Sweet Almond Mint CC?

[ Edited ]

This is something that I've been curious about for a really long time... lol, so I'm finally starting a thread about it. Smiley Happy

Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) CC was the very first CC that Chaz created. And he always talks about how -- since it was his only Wen CC available at that time -- that it had to work on all hair types. So that's why SAM is one of the Universal CCs. 

What I've always found surprising is that there isn't more discussion about SAM CC in the Wen forum. -- I rarely hear that it doesn't work for Wenners... but I don't hear much more about it either.

Is SAM CC one of your favorites? Do you think it is one of the Universal CCs? How do you like the scent? And how well does it work on your hair? 

Clearly I'm really curious to hear what other Wenners think about SAM CC. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. I really love the SAM scent, but it doesn't work for me. Unfortunately, much like the FIG CC, the SAM CC leaks out of my baby fine, porous hair and leaves my hair oily within the first day of cleansing my hair.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - how do you like Sweet Almond Mint CC?

That is one of the several CCs I don't use, so I'd like to hear others' input, too.  Of the core CC's I use Fig & Tea Tree.  I have tried Pomegranate and loved the scent but I never order it, simply because I prefer the seasonals. I have made up my mind, though, to say goodbye to Fig once I finish off my gallon because I prefer the MIF to the core Fig.

I know this is not answering your question since I don't use SAM, but I guess I carried away!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 SAM is my HG of all Wen.  Even though it was one I started with I didn't use it in years and tried it a few years back and was wowed,  Even though Lavender is supposed to be the best for fine hair , SAM give me so much more volume,    It's incredible.  I always incorporate it my second cleanse and use it as my leave in,  this is one formula I can never be without for sure. I love the scent too but at first I wasn't sold on the oil.  Things have changed, it did took awhile but I like it not.😊😊😊

Valued Contributor

SAM is the one CC I don't plan to repurchase after I received a bottle with my discovery kit with 4 core CCs as my first purchase. I actually found it to be drying for my hair. I also don't care for minty hair products. I ended up giving my SAM CC to my son to finish off.
Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of SAM....I used it before I knew really how to use WEN or what it even really was....I tired it once after that and it just doesn't work for my hair..

Fig is the only core I use now..(of the core's)

I haven't ever tried the SAM oil, that does sound nice...

Valued Contributor

I'm so glad I began with lavender as my first purchase. BGT was the follow up, which I liked more than the Lavender. My third purchase was SAM, which is my least favorite formula. If I had ordered it first don't think I would have ever fell in love with WEN. Have fine, wavy hair and its the only formula that gives me fuzz and is drying on my hair. Straw like hair. The styling products work OK, its the CC that doesn't work for my hair.  The lighter formulas & seasonals work best for my hair but SAM is a big nope.

Respected Contributor

SAM was the very first Wen CC I tried. I was amazed at the results and I kind of like the scent. After using other formulas I don't find it as moisturizing, though. I don't usually buy it but if it comes in a set or TSV I'll use it. It's not exactly drying but it definitely doesn't give my ends as much moisture as they need.

Super Contributor

I love it.  But I will admit it had to grow on me.  It's often my first cleanse.  But something I've been discovering about this particular formula is that it is a nice leave in for my coarse, color treated, and thick hair.  I find it also to be the perfect mixer.  I'll often use one pump of it with my seasonal as my second cleanse and get really nice results.  The next time this scent is offered in a TS I will be all over it.  Love the treatment oil too... Doesn't overwhelm me like some of the other scents do.  Good stuff!   

Respected Contributor

It's a little drying for me. I always mix it with one of the more moisturizing seasonals (FTP, SHP, SHL, WWC for me). I don't think I'd buy it in a single, but if it came in a set that was a good deal, it would be fine.

I do like the SAM RTM and SC, though!

Honored Contributor

Must confess, I've never tried it.

I started with TT & FIG and the moved on to Seasonals and combos.

Just recently discovered FIG oil & love it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras