WEN

Respected Contributor

So as usual, gallons are being shipped with samples of the signature EDPs. I got a sample of Light with one and both Strength and the new FAITH in the other. Bonus!The art must not be done yet, because there is a nice pic of Chaz against a white brick wall. I hadn't seen anyone post about it, so here's the description. 

Soothing scents of Ginger and Coconut, enhanced with Black Tea and Tahitian Vanilla notes, rounded out with Cedarwood, Amber and Sandalwood.

I'm not a fan of coconut so I was cautious, but I don't really smell it. I pick up the Ginger, Black Tea, Vanilla and Cedar. The Amber and Sandalwood aren't overpowering, the way they can be. I think I really like it. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

Hi Kjelle!  YES!  I saw on Chaz's facebook site someone said they got the sample of Faith!  They did not describe it but your take on it sound lovely to me!  If I really love it, and if Chaz has a 10ml on his site, I'll try it.  I did not get a gallon this year.  Got other things and I'm not quite done.  I remember last year I got the sample of Love with the Tropical gallon I got.  However, I did not get it in AD.  Have to be a bit careful.

Kjelle, thank you for posting about it!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to post twice, the cat needed tending to.  Anyway, yeah, she's REALLY demanding and she screams if I don't take care of her.  spoiled.  ug.  Anyway, Kjelle, what do think of Strength?  I love it!  I have a 10ml of that.  My favorite so far is Hope.  I was not too thrilled with Love, my nose said too brash and floral.  I got Hope in the NBT I liked it so much.  I intend to get Strength in that too.  I was wearing it the other day and I could sense it changing notes, sort of jumping back and forth.  It's nice, I really like that one.  Light is nice too.  I got that in the NBT a few times.  I like scents in NBTS a bit more than EDPs.  Tell me what you think of strength when you get a chance!

Honored Contributor

The only sample I got was LIGHT. But I only got the Mango Coconut gallon so far.

Wonder if they are putting the prior Blessing scents in the prior CC products, and the newer Blessing scents in the newer CC products, like Melon Mint, Fresh Floral, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gotta have FAITH??

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

The only sample I got was LIGHT. But I only got the Mango Coconut gallon so far.

Wonder if they are putting the prior Blessing scents in the prior CC products, and the newer Blessing scents in the newer CC products, like Melon Mint, Fresh Floral, etc.

@World Traveler 

I’m not sure.  I got Faith samples in three of the WVM gallons (mfg date 3/18) I received so far.  Along with Strength.  My TT gallon (no mfg date) had one sample, but I can’t remember which scent it was.  The Kids formula had none.

Respected Contributor

@77yangya I love Strength. I had gotten the sample and could smell the citrus. I waited to get it until the Gift set. I have the same experience of it changing throughout the day.

I got the Love NBT because the description had plumeria which I like a lot. I enjoy the NBT but would not buy the EDP  because it has a sweetness to it which I wouldn't want to  have full-strength.

i have Light in NBT and EDP, as well. I wasn't crazy about the Hope sample I got, so I'll skip it.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

So as usual, gallons are being shipped with samples of the signature EDPs. I got a sample of Light with one and both Strength and the new FAITH in the other. Bonus!The art must not be done yet, because there is a nice pic of Chaz against a white brick wall. I hadn't seen anyone post about it, so here's the description. 

Soothing scents of Ginger and Coconut, enhanced with Black Tea and Tahitian Vanilla notes, rounded out with Cedarwood, Amber and Sandalwood.

I'm not a fan of coconut so I was cautious, but I don't really smell it. I pick up the Ginger, Black Tea, Vanilla and Cedar. The Amber and Sandalwood aren't overpowering, the way they can be. I think I really like it. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Hey @Kjelle!

I got samples of both Faith and Strength in both the gallons I ordered (Fig and TT).  But the picture on the Strength sample is also Chaz against a wall?  Does your Strength sample have different art?

Esteemed Contributor

I received two samples: Strength and Faith - unfortunately, neither of which I will be able to wear. I will pass them on to someone who will enjoy them. 

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

I received two samples: Strength and Faith - unfortunately, neither of which I will be able to wear. I will pass them on to someone who will enjoy them. 

The fragrances are hit-or-miss for me too.  I will say I'm glad Chaz has figured out how to make a scent that lasts.  I bought a bottle of the OG 613 EDT, and even with layering with lotion and oil, I can't smell it at all about an hour after I apply (I still love it though!)  With the new line I have to have a VERY light hand, and even so, if I dab them on the nape of my neck, I can still get whiffs of them in my hair the day after I've worn them. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Kjelle!  Thank you for replying.  So you love Strength too!  I love how it changes as you wear it and time is going by.  It kind of says, "Strength" too.  Ohhhh, so you like the plumeria.  I just felt that was too strong for me but then EVERY nose is different.  I've read posts that said Hope was too strong for some but I like the warmth that it has.  It's kind of "spicy", I guess.  It's fun to compare notes though.

Like I had mentioned.  This year I did not get a gallon.  I usually do but I got too many other Wen things.  It was great to see the low price, people said they got five and more.  I was periscoping after the Friday show and Chaz had two new girls that he was doing before shots on.  I believe he's gonna have them on, on the 6:00am show Saturday (tomorrow).  I'm very interested in Faith, the way you described it has alot of what I like in a scent in it.  However, since I did not get a gallon I'll have to wait until it's offered.

I learned Chaz is right about being easy on the blow drying too.  I only start blowing when my hair has aired out around an hour or more but still pretty damp but NOT wet.  It takes only a few minutes whereas before it took half hour and results were MUCH better.  All the good I did with my leave in stuff, too much blowing undid some.  Chaz was saying on the shows that people NEED to apply leave in CC.  Some of the callers were fun to hear.  You have a decent collection!  Again, thank you for replying!