WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Noone ever talks about  WEN Light. I bought the gallon. I wish someone would comment on it.............please.

I have fine, very old and graying blonde hair......lol....

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

Sorry, I don’t use it. 🤗

Do you mean you would like someone to talk about it on the air?

Esteemed Contributor
I love Light it's my warm weather signature scent. I have fine thin dyed hair and my hair does well with Light as with all the other rice based scents.
Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@MalteseMomma 

Sorry, I don’t use it. 🤗

Do you mean you would like someone to talk about it on the air?

@geezerette ,no I ment here....lol   Thanks for asking  Smiley Wink

@ANewHue 

Thanks for the comment, I bought the gallon.I started out yrs ago,(day 1 of Wen,here on the Q) and have tried them all,but never this one.

I have  aged natural  blonde ,fine ( and thinning)  graying hair..lol

Respected Contributor

I also started out years and years ago with WEN and tried all of the original offerings. After at least 10 years my hair was always looking frazzled.  I continue to use it because I thought going back to regular shampoo would surely make my hair look even more frazzled.

Finally I gave up.

I now use the Curly Girl method, with only conditioner. They are very specific about what ingredients are allowed and you can use any conditioner made by anybody as long as it doesn’t have any of their “not permitted” ingredients.. The difference in my hair is unbelievable.  And it really is that noticeable, my hairdresser has let my hair grow and grow because it is in such good condition now. Even my grown son mentioned how great my hair looked, imagine that! I will never ever ever go back to WEN.

Valued Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I also started out years and years ago with WEN and tried all of the original offerings. After at least 10 years my hair was always looking frazzled.  I continue to use it because I thought going back to regular shampoo would surely make my hair look even more frazzled.

Finally I gave up.

I now use the Curly Girl method, with only conditioner. They are very specific about what ingredients are allowed and you can use any conditioner made by anybody as long as it doesn’t have any of their “not permitted” ingredients.. The difference in my hair is unbelievable.  And it really is that noticeable, my hairdresser has let my hair grow and grow because it is in such good condition now. Even my grown son mentioned how great my hair looked, imagine that! I will never ever ever go back to WEN.

What does your comment have to do with the OP's request about Light?

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Noone ever talks about  WEN Light. I bought the gallon. I wish someone would comment on it.............please.

I have fine, very old and graying blonde hair......lol....

Hi @MalteseMomma , I have Light in Styling Creme and EDP right now.  I got a few NBTs in the past.  I really like the scent.  Here's my take on it.  Now don't laugh...to me it smells like this....you buy your favorite parfume and take it out of this gorgeous box, the box has the residual smell of the bottle you just removed but it's delicate and smells fresh and so enticing making you want to smell more.  When I got my first NBT in it (Body Treatment, meaning the lotion) I went back for another and then another.  I think it smells great.  I had the cleansing conditioner too, I loved that AND the Styling Creme did a GREAT job on my hair.  I have platinum hair.  I lost my hair color early in life.  I don't color treat.  I used to but those cheap drug store hair dyes destroyed my hair and I can't go to a salon every month, not feasible for me.  It's a tough decision, all those lovely gallons.  I feel any one of them will be great for the hair.  Just a matter of what scent you like.  Chaz always says "Universal".  The Light is rice based I think so it should be gentle.  OH, you bought the gallon!  HEY!  GREAT FOR YOU!  I feel that raking and twisting motion while you're cleansing is KEY.  My hair is shoulder length so I put it all in front of me after I've applied the CC, add a splash of water and start raking from the under side of my hair, keep raking and it thickens.  I keep adding splashes of water until then I just dip head under shower to get larger splash of water and then start massaging scalp and raking again.  It turns into heavy froth, creamy too but FROTH.  I comb with Chaz's comb.  When rinsing I do the same and it gets squeaky clean.  I actually found the Peony is VERY astringent too but anyway that's another story.  LOL!! I comb and rake and massage vigorously while rinsing and putting back in a decent amount of cleansing conditioner is KEY too for hydration, shine and bunce.  I believe you'll really enjoy Light.  The only cleansing conditioner I have not tried yet is Melon Mint and that I'll be getting in the TSV from Nov. of 2018.  I have the Styling Creme and Mousse in it and it's wonderful.  The results it yields are amazing.  If you find you don't like it, I believe you can trade it for another scent.  QVC, I believe is okay with that.  When you get it, let us know your opinion on it!!!

Occasional Contributor
I first tried light this year.. and absolutely loved how it performed on my baby fine wavy hair.... added bonus is the scent- so light and calming. My daughter's hair is thicker than mine with spiral curls- she loves light as her first cleanse! Love light so much... it was 1 of my gallon purchases
Esteemed Contributor

After usng WEN for over 13 years I sorta (not completely)  quit using it a yr or so ago and went back to my Panetene . 

I was mostly a Lavender user.

I deceided to return and started using  the Fig, which I thought would be  very moistureizing ,But it was awful for my hair. It looked so dry and dead. I was dissapointed.

The Volumizing spray was drying too as was the mousse.

After washing for days ,I remembered I had some  pomeagranate and tried that again. It worked.My hair  is good again..........

So I am looking forward to trying the WEN LIGHT.....which is ,"out for delivery" today...... 

Thanks for the replys  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

After usng WEN for over 13 years I sorta (not completely)  quit using it a yr or so ago and went back to my Panetene . 

I was mostly a Lavender user.

I deceided to return and started using  the Fig, which I thought would be  very moistureizing ,But it was awful for my hair. It looked so dry and dead. I was dissapointed.

The Volumizing spray was drying too as was the mousse.

After washing for days ,I remembered I had some  pomeagranate and tried that again. It worked.My hair  is good again..........

So I am looking forward to trying the WEN LIGHT.....which is ,"out for delivery" today...... 

Thanks for the replys  Smiley Happy

Pomegranate is great.  It's REALLY frothy.  I did the little questionaire on Chaz's site.  It's the one that asks your hair type and texture and all that to let you know which formulation would be good for you.  Well, Pomegranate and Cucumber Aloe came out for me.  It gives you first, second and thrid choices or ones to use in conjunction with the other two.  The other one that came out for me was Mandarin.  Pomegranate smells like cherries but in a good way.  Well, to my nose.  LOL!  I was thinking about picking up a 32 in that.  I don't use the volumizer because I'm not looking for volume.  The mousse can be a bit drying but it does create bounce and shine and volume.  I like that it gives the shine and bounce.  We have very hard water and that's lousy but I cleanse every day.  I sweat at night.  Always did.  Right now it's VERY humid where we live but my hair is still salon quality thanks to Wen.  I feel like Chaz does.  I could not tolerate lather in my hair.  Gives me the willies!  LOL!!!  You may have made a sale on a 32 of Pomegranate though!!!!