WEN

Super Contributor

Summer and Spring oil colors

Hi ladies! I’m interested in knowing which spring and summer oils are clear or nearly clear in color. I only use clear or white products on my white hair. I asked this question a while back and got a few helpful suggestions but I can’t find the thread. Any info would be most appreciated. I want to shop today! Lol.. Thank you! Oh, and I did contact Chaz’s customer service and asked this question and got a very quick “tea tree oil” which shocked me. I have that and it’s amber in color. I was pretty surprised and disappointed in this response. I felt like there was no effort to help me. So I’m turning to the WEN ladies. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Re: Summer and Spring oil colors

I have Summer Honey Peach oil, and it is clear.

Super Contributor

Thank you!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven’t received my Summer Melon Mint yet - but Spring Fresh Floral is clear.

actually I have a lot of oils and they are clear. Even my TT.

Maybe it has yellowed over time.

Esteemed Contributor

@cac140 

Summer Melon Mint is clear. Wen Men is clear. Lavender too. Is there a particular scent you're interested in? All of mine are clear but will gladly double check any of interest for you. ♡♡♡

Esteemed Contributor

Hiya @cac140 !

I have 4 spring and 3 summers open.

I'll post after I find some white cardboard to test on.

Meanwhile, your hair looks terrific, no more "bloarnge" hair color (i'm still laughing at that word, and it's a part of my vocabulary now!)

download.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cac140 

I'm presuming this is about your hair picking up yellow tones from the oil.

None are absolutely colorless, but one came so darn close it's 'virtually' colorless: the spring cherry blossom.

SHL & STP are very close behind.

Ranking my 7 oils from most clear to most yellow:

1. SCB    palest, virtually colorless

2.  SHL    2&3 very close

3.  STP    

4.  SGGT  slight more color than 2&3

5. SCLV   light yellow

6. SMC    darker & brighter yellow

7. SOB    tending toward orange

I'd say you're ok with 2, 3 and 4 also. It's hard to tell STP from SHL.

The last three have the strongest color and I'd avoid them if hair is porous enough to worry about pickup of color. (Then again, I'm quite heavy handed with the oil.)

SOB 's color is more orange than yellow when all droppers are side by side on white cardboard in daylight.

Trusted Contributor

I think some of the ingredients in the oils oxidize more quickly - so the older the bottle of oil is - the more yellow the oil will probably be. 

Super Contributor

@untitled I think you’re right about older bottles but my tea tree and lavender oils definitely had a yellowish/amber tint to them right out of the gate. I’m super nervous about my hair picking up a yellow tint so I’m trying to be extra cautious. Thanks so much for your response.
Super Contributor

@x Hedge This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! I love the oils and yes, I am concerned about my hair picking up a yellow tint. I do believe you are the one who helped me with this before. This time, I’ll print this info out so I have it. I don’t want to have spent 15 months going through the pain of a transition to have yellow hair in the end LOL.. I want to sleep in these oils with no worries so I truly appreciate your help. Thanks for the kind words as well. You’re the best!! Smiley Happy