WEN

Contributor

Re: Frankenbottle experiment, hmmm....

I just finished adding to my frankenbottle tonight. I added the last bit of SMC from a 16oz bottle.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I have good things to report from this frankenbottle. I decided to keep my TT oil in overnight. This afternoon I washed my hair using TT as my first cleanse (as usual), the frankenbottle as my second cleanse and then SHP leave-in, SC & mousse. I let it air dry for a while, then finished up with the blow-dryer. I did smell the coconut a bit in the shower, but I don't smell it anymore. The frankenbottle still smells like Juicy Fruit to me, but not as sweet. But I mostly smell the SHP leave-in in my hair now.

My hair is soft, shiny and still has nice volume. I'm curious to see how it will do over the next two days. It seems almost too good to be true, like my hair is nice and soft and moisturized now, but will be oily in a day. We'll have to see what happens. But right now, I'm thrilled with the results. Of course, even if I love this mixture, I'd never be able to reproduce it.

Esteemed Contributor

aprimo, it sounds like you hit the magic bullet!

I gave up on frankenbottles.  I was filling it with CCs that my hair didn't like and expecting good results.  That didn't happen.

Now, I turn a NPZ bottle turtle with the cap on and use it as my leave-in.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

aprimo, it sounds like you hit the magic bullet!

I gave up on frankenbottles.  I was filling it with CCs that my hair didn't like and expecting good results.  That didn't happen.

Now, I turn a NPZ bottle turtle with the cap on and use it as my leave-in.

Yeah, I can see how that might not be successful. My combination is largely CCs that work for me and I've gotten to the bottom of the bottle. I am lucky in that I haven't really run across any formulas that I just can't use, so far. I have some that work better than others, and some whose scents I don't care for. But they all work for me, more or less.

Honored Contributor

I use a funnel to get the contents of one bottle into another. No squeezing necessary; gravity does all the work while I watch TV in another room. I've been doing that since I was a kid thanks to my mom.

Trusted Contributor

Well, my hair is oily today near my scalp, but not the length. I had to go with the ponytail today. This may be due to it being extremely hot here lately. When my head sweats a lot, my hair gets oily much faster. But this mixture may be better saved for fall and winter. I will give it one more try though and see.