WEN

Regular Contributor

Wen Alternative With Wen

[ Edited ]

So, many months back, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Wen. I bought a LOT of other CC's (they were BOGO) and as it turned out, I didn't really like it too much. Why? Because it didn't work like Wen! 

For anyone who's done this and gotten back on the Wen train, which I have full force, have you mixed the fake with the real just to not lose money? I'm curious to do it but not sure how it would work. The brand I have is Renpure, currently, and I think I still have 5 bottles of it. I'm not sure I want to throw them away yet, but has anyone mixed Wen with others and had any fairly good success? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen Alternative With Wen

@Beautoxica wrote:

So, fmany months back, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Wen. I bought a LOT of other CC's (they were BOGO) and as it turned out, I didn't really like it too much. Why? Because it didn't work like Wen! 

For anyone who's done this and gotten back on the Wen train, which I have full force, have you mixed the fake with the real just to not lose money? I'm curious to do it but not sure how it would work. The brand I have is Renpure, currently, and I think I still have 5 bottles of it. I'm not sure I want to throw them away yet, but has anyone mixed Wen with others and had any fairly good success? 

With respect, some of the "fakes" existed even before the WEN CCs came on the market.......

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Regular Contributor

That's fine, if my wording was wrong, I apologize. 

Has anyone mixed non-wen with WEN just to not waste the product they bought and if so, what was the results? 

Esteemed Contributor

Beau toxics - have you compared the ingredients for each? Are they similar? If so, I can't imagine it would be a problem, but, how about using the "fake" as a first cleanse and a wen as your second? Or, only can give them away as stocking stuffers! (just kidding)
Esteemed Contributor

Should have said - you can give them away as stocking stuffers! Sorry about that - riley1
Trusted Contributor

I used to use Deva. I agree that using it for a first cleanse and then Wenning the second is smart. Enjoy your better Wen hair!

Respected Contributor

Aside from Wen the only cleansing conditioner I've tried is the one for color treated hair by Herbal Essences. It was only about $8 I think and it worked pretty well but the scent was so strong and lingered in my hair for a really long. I still have some left so I'll probably just try to use it up now and then.

As someone else suggested, you could maybe use Renpure for your first cleanse and Wen for your second. I'm not sure what the end result would be if you mixed Renpure and Wen.

Regular Contributor

I have not compared the ingredients. It smells nice, but the consistency is a little thinner than hand lotion, so when I tried it I was really surprised as I was expecting the thickness of Wen. 

I know the ingredients can't quite be the same because after one day my scalp felt dirty and I wanted to wash my hair to get it clean and i NEVER have that issue with Wen. It's worth looking at though. I may have to pawn them off on my son lol, he might be a little but fussy about using their Pomegranate though cause, I admit, it smells really nice and girlie! 

Thanks for the tips! 

Respected Contributor

matrix cleansing conditioners are really nice. I they are not much cheaper but last longer and super easy to rince out.  I have fine hair but i use the medium and curly formulas

Regular Contributor

I have the one for coarse hair and didn't care for it. I think it was about $25 in the salon. That was before I tried Wen. When I tried Wen I saw the difference in my hair. I'm going to mix for a bit and use up what I bought so I can not waste the money I spent and do a clarifying, sulfate free shampoo once a week (which I need to do anyways) and I think I'll be okay with that. Smiley Very Happy