WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Change Tea Tree scent? or TT mixing

@gemslily wrote:

I am having a really hard time with the tea tree CC scent.  Has anyone ever added in any of the WEN oils to a CC to help make a scent more bearable?  Or will this totally alter the CC performance?

Otherwise, I guess I will just have to find another CC to mix with it that is compatable in scent.  Any suggestions?

@gemslily I use TT Styling and VTS when I use Wen Men just not to buy WM other than CC. I only smell the Wen Men in my hair though I have never mixed the CC's, esp since WM is rice based. So that's another combo you can try. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

Thanks all for the suggestions!

I don't know what I was thinking when I mentioned adding oils to change the CC scent.  With fine hair I'm sure that would be a disaster.

I fgure someday I will get to a point like other WEN users where I will actually enjoy the TT scent and welcome the freshness on certain days.

So far, I have mixed it with WVM.  And plan on trying it with WEN Men and WCM.

I'm getting there - maybe I found a core CC I can use!

Thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor

@gemslily   You may want to try mixing your Tea tree with Spring gardenia green tea, it's my favorite combo.  Anyway , TT does grow on you and you may actually find with regular use you actually start to enjoy the scent.

Honored Contributor

@untitled wrote:
You can always just use TT to cleanse your scalp and then another favorite or two to cleanse shaft and ends.

That's what I do. I also find the WEN Tea Tree scent to be pretty pleasant though. Straight up tea tree oil is powerful and I hate it, so I'm always pleasantly surprised by WEN Tea Tree.

Esteemed Contributor

Please do not change the Tea Tree scent! It's heavenly in its own right, it smells herbal, medicinal and healing, and this is exactly what I want and expect from this specific CC and TT oil. And yeah, I can mix and turn down its smell, when not in the mood for it.
Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:
Please do not change the Tea Tree scent! It's heavenly in its own right, it smells herbal, medicinal and healing, and this is exactly what I want and expect from this specific CC and TT oil. And yeah, I can mix and turn down its smell, when not in the mood for it.

@sonechko I do agree with you and like the TT scent also. However, as I have learned, it can be an "acquired taste" for some. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I did not like it right away either, @AmericanBulldogMom! Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

Hi,

TT oil is really strong smelling ,but I love it because of the anti bacterial, anti fungal, and overall scalp health properties it has. Before using WEN, I would always add a few drops of TTO to my shampoos, or I would buy TTO shampoo.  Smiley Happy  Since using WEN, I always add in a pump or two to my other WEN CCs for my first cleanse, again for the therapeutic qualities of TT.  Honestly, I do NOT think adding in any of the WEN oils will be strong enough to camoflauge the TTO smell. I think you would be wasting your oil. Try just adding a pump or two, in your hand, alomg with another WEN CC. I love TT and Lavender together, but I have pretty much added TT to every WEN CC I have. As it is just kn the first cleanse, you can enjoy a NON TT fragrance on your second cleanse. Smiley Happy