WEN

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

As long as it is WEN I pretty much love it!

TT and 613 have stayed my long time favorites.

But, Seasonals seem to sneak in and steal into my heart! Heart

@Drythe, lol, I seem to remember  recent run on the Winter Vanilla Mint CC trio with the wenderful Wen comb thrown in. Smiley Wink

--  bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No, there are more scents I don't like than scents I do. Some of my favorites don't work well for my hair and I have to mix or follow them up with Fig, and Fig is not my favorite at all. I love the Sweet Almond Mint, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, and Winter Vanilla Mint scents the best.

Honored Contributor

lol, I guess I'll be the contrary voice here because my answer is almost completely a "no". Smiley Wink

The main reason it's not completely is that my changes have changed, over time, as new scents have been added (and I probably really am going to need to purchase that Wen Men 32oz CC plus 4oz oil for $80 in order to try it before it goes away). 

Wen worked great for me from the start, but only a few of the Classic formulas worked really well on my baby fine hair. -- Tea Tree was really my Wen formula, although I used Cucumber Aloe as a clarifying formula once a month, and I could use Pomegranate... though I didn't much like the scent.

Everything changed when the Seasonals were introduced because they worked even better on my hair. Unlike most Wenners, all of the Seasonals seem to work equally well on my hair and, these days, I have been looking for differences in the results. So it just comes down to which scents I like best and that has hardly changed. 

That said, even with the Seasonals I like best, I only wind up using them occasionally. For whatever reason, I use my Seasonals on my whim and I am constantly changing them up. lol, I don't wind up regularly using the Seasonal scent that I use best, I just wind up using the Seasonal I feel like at the moment which is why I use the phrase "The Seasonal of The Moment"... because that's exactly what I do. Smiley Wink When I do use one of my favorite Seasonals, I think I appreciate the scent even more simply because I don't use it regularly... so it makes it even more special. Smiley Happy

Seasonals in order of preference... Favorites: Spring Orange Blossom, Spring Gardenia Green Tea, Summer Honey Peach, Fall Apple Spice, Winter Cranberry Mint... Really like: Winter White Citrus, Fall Tuscan Pear, Fall Ginger Pumpkin... Enjoy: Spring Honey Lilac,  Summer Mango Coconut... Once in a while, when I'm in the mood: WVM... Confusing scent but still occasionally use: Summer Coconut Lime Verbena.

The only changes in the Seasonals were that it took me about a 1-2 years to warm to  having food scents in my hair because (the Winter Vanilla (Andes) Mint still confuses me). Initially, I only liked the floral scent, but I still used the Seasonals because I liked the results for my hair better. The only other minor change is that during this past fall's extensive discussion of Fall Apple Spice, I realized how much the Fall Apple Apple and Winter Cranberry Mint scents made me smile and made me happy. -- I love the Seasonals because I'm the Wenner who still would like an 11 amino acid complex IV drip for better hair health. Smiley Wink

As the ultimate amino acid experience, 613 CC has always occupied a Favored Cleansing Conditioner status... it's just that the Restorative line, which has the 11 amino acid complex plus Chaz's great bamboo water, gives my hair even better results. -- Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) gave my hair it's best results... until Chaz' created Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) which added much needed moisture. And the new rice-based Fragrance Free (FF) CC (which is essentially MIF without the added fragrance) is giving my hair the same great result as MIF does.

I've pretty much had the same routine for over two years now: 

* first cleanse -- Restorative (initially BGT, and now either MIF or FF)

* second cleanse -- The Seasonal of The Moment, or BGT 

* leave in -- 613 CC (amino acid complex to the max), any styling creme (to use up my 5-year supply) and Moussie Moo to the max (10 pumps of the 613/BGT/SAM OTO trio mix).

Wen 911 Hair Care -- an all 613 cleanse, maybe even a 613 CC overnight hair mask. This usually happens when I haven't been keeping up with my overnight Treatment Oil and overnight Remoist hair treatments. -- One intensive dose of 613 CC snaps my hair right back into shape. -- For 911 Hair Repair, 613 CC beats any of the Restorative CCs hands down. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

You are not alone.   Sometimes I think it's a seasonal reaction to which formula my hair needs.  And contrary to some popular belief, I do think my hair needs a break from the same product from time to time.

And I am a mixer too.  I rarely use just one formula at a time.  This morning it was fig, WWC and a dash of  613 (it's been really cold and dry in Chicago).

Lately my weekend mix is Bamboo and 613, sometimes I add a bit of SMC.

Michele

Honored Contributor

@theatrebiz wrote:

You are not alone.   Sometimes I think it's a seasonal reaction to which formula my hair needs.  And contrary to some popular belief, I do think my hair needs a break from the same product from time to time.

And I am a mixer too.  I rarely use just one formula at a time.  This morning it was fig, WWC and a dash of  613 (it's been really cold and dry in Chicago).

Lately my weekend mix is Bamboo and 613, sometimes I add a bit of SMC.

Michele

Hi Michele ( @Michele5004 ), I'm glad you mentioned that. Smiley Happy

I have a feeling that one of the reasons I do so very well with Wen -- in addition to Chaz's amazing formulas -- is because I am constantly changing up my cleansing patterns. While Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) is my first cleanse "go to", I regularly switch up the Seasonal (or Bamboo Green Tea) that I use for my second cleanse. So on a regular basis I'm switching from among 13 different formulas for my second cleanse. 

lol, add that to the long list of wenderful things about Chaz's Wen Seasonals. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

No.  You are not alone.  This is an incredible product line and the more the merrier.  I had put an opened Sweet Almond Mint in my closet and left it there for a long time without using it.  Thought it wasn't for me.  And then I tried it again and now I love it.  Crazy... I also think mixing these formulas is not only fun but good for the hair.  Always surprising it with something new.  

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

lol, I guess I'll be the contrary voice here because my answer is almost completely a "no". Smiley Wink

The main reason it's not completely is that my changes have changed, over time, as new scents have been added (and I probably really am going to need to purchase that Wen Men 32oz CC plus 4oz oil for $80 in order to try it before it goes away). 

Wen worked great for me from the start, but only a few of the Classic formulas worked really well on my baby fine hair. -- Tea Tree was really my Wen formula, although I used Cucumber Aloe as a clarifying formula once a month, and I could use Pomegranate... though I didn't much like the scent.

Everything changed when the Seasonals were introduced because they worked even better on my hair. Unlike most Wenners, all of the Seasonals seem to work equally well on my hair and, these days, I have been looking for differences in the results. So it just comes down to which scents I like best and that has hardly changed. 

That said, even with the Seasonals I like best, I only wind up using them occasionally. For whatever reason, I use my Seasonals on my whim and I am constantly changing them up. lol, I don't wind up regularly using the Seasonal scent that I use best, I just wind up using the Seasonal I feel like at the moment which is why I use the phrase "The Seasonal of The Moment"... because that's exactly what I do. Smiley Wink When I do use one of my favorite Seasonals, I think I appreciate the scent even more simply because I don't use it regularly... so it makes it even more special. Smiley Happy

Seasonals in order of preference... Favorites: Spring Orange Blossom, Spring Gardenia Green Tea, Summer Honey Peach, Fall Apple Spice, Winter Cranberry Mint... Really like: Winter White Citrus, Fall Tuscan Pear, Fall Ginger Pumpkin... Enjoy: Spring Honey Lilac,  Summer Mango Coconut... Once in a while, when I'm in the mood: WVM... Confusing scent but still occasionally use: Summer Coconut Lime Verbena.

The only changes in the Seasonals were that it took me about a 1-2 years to warm to  having food scents in my hair because (the Winter Vanilla (Andes) Mint still confuses me). Initially, I only liked the floral scent, but I still used the Seasonals because I liked the results for my hair better. The only other minor change is that during this past fall's extensive discussion of Fall Apple Spice, I realized how much the Fall Apple Apple and Winter Cranberry Mint scents made me smile and made me happy. -- I love the Seasonals because I'm the Wenner who still would like an 11 amino acid complex IV drip for better hair health. Smiley Wink

As the ultimate amino acid experience, 613 CC has always occupied a Favored Cleansing Conditioner status... it's just that the Restorative line, which has the 11 amino acid complex plus Chaz's great bamboo water, gives my hair even better results. -- Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) gave my hair it's best results... until Chaz' created Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) which added much needed moisture. And the new rice-based Fragrance Free (FF) CC (which is essentially MIF without the added fragrance) is giving my hair the same great result as MIF does.

I've pretty much had the same routine for over two years now: 

* first cleanse -- Restorative (initially BGT, and now either MIF or FF)

* second cleanse -- The Seasonal of The Moment, or BGT 

* leave in -- 613 CC (amino acid complex to the max), any styling creme (to use up my 5-year supply) and Moussie Moo to the max (10 pumps of the 613/BGT/SAM OTO trio mix).

Wen 911 Hair Care -- an all 613 cleanse, maybe even a 613 CC overnight hair mask. This usually happens when I haven't been keeping up with my overnight Treatment Oil and overnight Remoist hair treatments. -- One intensive dose of 613 CC snaps my hair right back into shape. -- For 911 Hair Repair, 613 CC beats any of the Restorative CCs hands down. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

That was a super helpful post Bebe....I think I am going to replace some of my current fig CC use with 613 CC...I have baby fine hair also, but this dry indoor heat has caused me to need more moisture...

Honored Contributor

@cac140 wrote:

No.  You are not alone.  This is an incredible product line and the more the merrier.  I had put an opened Sweet Almond Mint in my closet and left it there for a long time without using it.  Thought it wasn't for me.  And then I tried it again and now I love it.  Crazy... I also think mixing these formulas is not only fun but good for the hair.  Always surprising it with something new.  

@cac140, lol, and it helps explain why I have around 20 open 16oz bottles of Wen CC in my bathroom. Smiley Happy

It's good to see you cac140. I hope you had a great holiday season and that your new year is going well!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

< big old snip >

-- bebe Smiley Happy

That was a super helpful post Bebe....I think I am going to replace some of my current fig CC use with 613 CC...I have baby fine hair also, but this dry indoor heat has caused me to need more moisture...

awww @quadmimi, I'm glad the info was helpful. Have you tried either the Mandarin Italian Fig or the new rice-based Fragrance Free CC? 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I always buy the new seasonal 3 pc kit. I'll try it and think "it's only OK, the sent is nice , but the performance is just OK".  I'll put it a side for awhile. Once I go back to it, I'm blown away! The scent is great, but more importantly the performance is amazing. I don't know why I don't feel this way immediately, but this has happened to me many times. Perhaps my hair is becoming healthier and liking more WEN products! 

**Suz**