WEN

Super Contributor

Opinions on Wen EDP fragrances

Took a chance on the Sweet Toasted Almond EDP and I wasn't sure about it at first. Since that's pretty much what everyone's saying, I'm giving it a chance. Last night I tried it on my wrist. That was bad. It was like deeply inhaling a caramel apple for about 20 mins. I like caramel apples but I don't want one stuck up my nose! Anyway, I tried it again today on my lower leg, and I'm starting to like. It's definitely a warm scent, slightly sweet and so far pretty long lasting.

I should note, my sense of smell is slightly damaged from a bad cold a couple of years ago. Floral fragrances all smell the same to me now, which is cruddy because I can't smell things like the Spring Honey Lilac CC very well Smiley Sad and the MIF CC smells burnt to me at first. Thankfully that goes away pretty quickly!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions on Wen EDP fragrances

@RipleyGirl, thank you for sharing your how the Sweet Toasted Almond (STA)  EDP is working for you. I haven't picked up any of Chaz's EDP's so far but I'm sure I'll be trying one of them eventually. Smiley Happy

I'm glad that the scent of the STA EDP seems to be growing on you. Hopefully, it's just the cold that you have. I hope you feel better soon and that, at that point, the STA EDP smells wenderful. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RipleyGirl...Sweet Toasted Almond, I think, does need to grow on us. It is very different than any other fragrance I've tried.  It does go on strong and is quite minty at first, but then it calms down to something that quite frankly, is hard for me to describe, but I really like it.  I do pick up more of the subtle almond smell, but in a good way.  I don't suggest taking a whiff of a bag of sliced almonds, though!  That's not what I pick up when I smell it.  I think I detect vanilla, too. However, I'm a vanilla FREAK, so that may not be saying much since I hope to smell vanilla in EVERYTHING!  I think you could ask 20 women what they think of this fragrance and get 20 different opinions of the scent their nose picks up.  

I currently also have the Fall Tuscan Pear and LOVE it!  Very feminine and soft fragrance. It's definitely more girly than the Sweet Toasted Almond.  In comparing the two, I would say Sweet Toasted Almond is more sexy & seductive (once it calms down a bit), and Fall Tuscan Pear is more ladylike.

There will probably be others who disagree with my feedback, considering some negative reviews, especially on Sweet Toasted Almond, but I will say fragrance is a very individual thing...what one person likes the next one may hate.

Once Spring Honey Lilac comes out...LOOK OUT LADIES!  You bette hurry & buy it, cuz I'm stocking up!  Aloha!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@RipleyGirl...Sweet Toasted Almond, I think, does need to grow on us. It is very different than any other fragrance I've tried.  It does go on strong and is quite minty at first, but then it calms down to something that quite frankly, is hard for me to describe, but I really like it.  I do pick up more of the subtle almond smell, but in a good way.  I don't suggest taking a whiff of a bag of sliced almonds, though!  That's not what I pick up when I smell it.  I think I detect vanilla, too. However, I'm a vanilla FREAK, so that may not be saying much since I hope to smell vanilla in EVERYTHING!  I think you could ask 20 women what they think of this fragrance and get 20 different opinions of the scent their nose picks up.  

I currently also have the Fall Tuscan Pear and LOVE it!  Very feminine and soft fragrance. It's definitely more girly than the Sweet Toasted Almond.  In comparing the two, I would say Sweet Toasted Almond is more sexy & seductive (once it calms down a bit), and Fall Tuscan Pear is more ladylike.

There will probably be others who disagree with my feedback, considering some negative reviews, especially on Sweet Toasted Almond, but I will say fragrance is a very individual thing...what one person likes the next one may hate.

Once Spring Honey Lilac comes out...LOOK OUT LADIES!  You bette hurry & buy it, cuz I'm stocking up!  Aloha!

@SurferWife

See you at the loading dock!  Bring Toby!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife

@Drythe @SurferWife ummmmm scuzi but you ladies best stand in line!!!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried the STA. I love the scent of FTP but it just doesn't last on me at all. I also love the scent of WWC and it lasts longer on me than the FTP but still not all day, for sure. WWC lasts longer if I put some WWC oil on my neck and inner arms before I spray the EDP. I tried that with FTP too, but it didn't really help much. It's a shame, because FTP is my favorite of Chaz's fragrances.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought three bottles of 613 when it was launched - 2 for me, 1 for DD.  The scent was incredbile but sadly it didn't last and I was re-spritzing often throughout the day.  It was relegated to a bathroom spray and I sold my extra bottle.  Live and learn.  No more WeN EDP for me after that.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I bought three bottles of 613 when it was launched - 2 for me, 1 for DD.  The scent was incredbile but sadly it didn't last and I was re-spritzing often throughout the day.  It was relegated to a bathroom spray and I sold my extra bottle.  Live and learn.  No more WeN EDP for me after that.

@JeanLouiseFinch

@Sorry it didn't last for you.  I get @ four - 6  hours, not as much as I'd like, but OK.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife

@Drythe and @SurferWife, lol, @HappyDaze is on a mission for her husband here... so you'd best let her be in charge... HD is  very generous though, so I'm sure she'll leave some for both of you. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife

@Drythe and @SurferWife, lol, @HappyDaze is on a mission for her husband here... so you'd best let her be in charge... HD is  very generous though, so I'm sure she'll leave some for both of you. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

We'll play nice!

But you see I'm the closest to that ole' loading dock!