WEN

Valued Contributor
I am down to my last 2oz jar of ReMoist and need to replenish my stash soon. Does anyone know if the 8oz will be offered again this year?
Honored Contributor

Re: 8 oz ReMoist?

[ Edited ]

___ 

Added on August 28th, yesterday WenGirl42 shared the following information from Wendooters (who posted it to his facebook page, with help from SIRI, on August 26th)... 

Seems to be some buzz on the 8 oz Remoist Mask with Comb over on the Q Forums. Just a guess but stay away from the bay... 9/5 may be your day. Get it? I'm a poet and I know it! Geez I crack myself up. Had to explain it to Cameron but he's a little long in the tooth so I get it.

___

my original post...

Chaz only makes the re-moist in 2 oz. and 4 oz. sizes. The regular price for the 4 oz. re-moist is $58 and the 2oz. size sold for $35 (when it was first available and it hasn't been available for a few years). The remoist is hardly ever offered at a reduced price.

For the past two years, the deluxe 8oz remoist has been offered once a year, sometime between January and March. Each itme it included the 8oz. remoist with the Wen comb. 

This past year, it was offered on 1/19/15 for $59.94 (info courtesy of CAShopper 2011) and was still available for purchase on 2/2/15 (which was when beaches purchased it, thanks beaches!!). In 2014 it was offered during the March 2014 TSV: 

--

March 15th special - Deluxe Re-Moist Mask, 8oz (A254708) -- 8oz. Re-Moist & Wen Comb (QVC: $66 / MSRP: $131) -- sold out: 3/19 -- Wen - amazing special purchase - 8 oz. Re-moist & Wen Comb ($59.94) -- 4 oz. Re-moist regular price....  -- $59.94

--

I believe it had been offered twice before at random times. -- In February 2011, WEN by Chaz Dean Re-Moist Hydrating Hair Mask 8.0 oz. was available for $74.24, probably as an OTO (information courtesy of bruingirl). It sold out very quickly and was not available after that presentation. The item number was A215612. If you do a QVC search the product information page comes up.

Also there was a Super Saturday half-price special on July 29, 2011: a 16 oz. POM CC and an 8 oz. re-moist were offered for $86. The information was posted in the QVC Forum and I've included a hot link to it below...

Super Saturday- 16 oz POM CC and 8 oz remoist for $86..

I think those are the only two other times the 8 oz. re-moist was available (infor from the Wen - amazing special purchase - 8 oz. Re-moist & Wen Comb ($59.94) -- 4 oz. Re-moist regular price.... thread.

My best guess would be that we won't see it again until sometime between January and March 2016... but that's just my guess. Smiley Happy 

This past June 13th, Chaz had a special offer on the 32oz CC & 4oz remoist (all scents in Classic line) for $59. I think that he's offered this special once before, but I'm not sure about that. -- Also, on QVC Wen products page, there is a 4oz remoist & 4oz Treatment Oil duo (all scents in Classic line) for $79.50, but it's been on waitlist only for quite a while: WEN by Chaz Dean Re-Moist Mask & Treatment Oil Duo (A221390).

Basically, I don't think we're going to see a remoist special offer for quite a while unless Chaz decides to offer remoist in a new scent and has a special purchase offer... and I haven't heard anything about any new remoist scents/products. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered mine on January 21. I did not hear when they will be offered again.

But may I suggest ebay for the re-moist to hold you over?  Before the 8 oz re-moist were offered in January, I bought a few different scents 2 and 4 oz re-moist and they were quite inexpensive.

Still have not touched my 8 oz TT and POM from January special yet. The only thing I'd recommend, checking carefully for the jar picture and also the name, if you care to buy Chaz QVC product, not GR. They also named slightly differently.

Honored Contributor

I checked my order history and it looks like I ordered mine in March of 2014. I think he said then that it would be a once a year thing, so I wouldn't expect it until next March.

Does anyone know if it was offered this March or in September of 2014, which would indicate every 6 months?

If it's not expected soon, I would consider two other options:

Item A221390 is a 4-oz Remoist and 4-oz oil duo that's a good value. It looks like it's on waitlist now. Another option is Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque, which is 12-oz for ~$13 and available at some drugstores, walmarts, Ulta stores, or online. It's a great deep treatment that I've used the same way I use Remoist. It has great ingredients and is all about moisture, not protein. I've used several of the Shea Moisture masques and really like them. They smell pleasant, but not as nice as the WEN scents. They make some that have proteins, as well. Shea Moisture masques a great way to get an affordable treatment and really stretch out the WEN products.

Valued Contributor
Thanks BeBe & Sonechko. I was considering ebay to hold me over. If I do, I will stick to BGT since I believe there was not a GR version of it. I have tried a GR version of SAM and didn't care for it compared to the salon version.
Valued Contributor
Thanks ChynnaBlue. The only Shea Moisture product I have tried is the Curling Gel Soufflé.
Esteemed Contributor

@Diva1Donna wrote:
Thanks BeBe & Sonechko. I was considering ebay to hold me over. If I do, I will stick to BGT since I believe there was not a GR version of it. I have tried a GR version of SAM and didn't care for it compared to the salon version.

I have and I like BGT re-moist that I bought on ebay. I was looking for the cheapest priced re-moist, and it did not matter for me much which scent. I bought BGT really cheap back then, in the end of 2014. I do not know what's it is going  for these days, as ebay sellers in general, not those who got super special inside price, or a close out, or selling their own unwanted Wen, most selling Wen do get it here on sale, inside the kits, and other specials.

When product was not a part of a special deal for awhile, like I think BGT re-moist really was not lately, prices on ebay may vary and may not be as low as when I got it on overstock of BGT re-moist on ebay at that time.

Do not worry - you can easily tell QVC re-moist from GR, just check the exect wording on the label name of the product from your old one and you will see. I think, the word "mask" is present on one kind label, and not on the other.

So you can buy any scent you like on ebay, or at the lowest price if that's the goal, no worry! All the variety of scents I've tried so far, do basically the same job - re-moist your hair!

Trusted Contributor

I checked my order history, and see that I purchased the 8-ounce re moist with comb for $59.94 on January 19, 2015.  I don't know if he will offer it the same month/week, but hope that helps.

Esteemed Contributor
Spoiler

Fyi I checked my history too, it was offered March 2014 and then I purchased one on 2/2/15, so I guess it could be any where from January -March we can expect this offer.

Valued Contributor

I checked my order history and it was with TSV (6oz) of the day for last year Aug,30th 2014. I think I was able to order early, it was about $60.00 which also included cc, sc, and vts. It seems to me that September and Dec have the TSVs I order two of.