Honored Contributor

Re: Domestic Airplanes Flying Almost Empty??

It's possible that some flights are full or almost full because some were canceled to consolidate people.  I'd love it if my flight was canceled if I could rebook at a cheaper fare.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I booked SW flight for 4/8 Tampa to Philly.  It was $52.  

I do do not have return date probably will be high so I'll shop other airlines.

I normally do regional airport on Frontier but at SW price it's actually cheaper!

@homedecor1    I don't know how you get these fares.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I think Tampa to Philly is a pretty regular route & of course, 6am only departure non stop.

I signed up for fare alerts.  Also, I'm flexible so if I see cheap fares I jump on them.

I just wish my son would reconsider flying w/gd because they have $31/rt on the dates (4/2-8) they were scheduled to come.  

Of course, I realize his concerns☹️

Honored Contributor

I booked my flight before Coronavirus became public.  I might not have had I known.

Southwest sent me an email Monday with a list of places with fares reduced.  Vegas was $129 each way.  My travel date was available as well.  My current round trip fare, including a zillion taxes is $424 or $212 each way at 10:45 am.  Who know, the cheaper flight might have been in the middle of the night.  I will not fly at night alone.  I'm even afraid during the day but, at least, I can see, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

on SW if the same flight same date is reduced they will issue you a credit for the difference.  I've done this by rebooking as they do not charge rebooking fees.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @homedecor1, that's good to know.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Anyone flying these days has a hole in their head.   The recycled cabin air is notorious for spreading gerns, The President is even considering shutting down domestic travel to certain cities in the US !    

Ah, @Reever , spreading sunshine and happiness everywhere you go. NOT!

When was the last time you actually got on an airplane? Airplane air is cleaner than the air you breathe in many, many places, with hospital quality HEPA filters removing nearly all of the particulates in the air. 

For those who may be interested In facts, here’s just one of MANY articles that explains it:

https://www.askthepilot.com/questionanswers/cabin-air-quality/

There are plenty of surfaces in an aircraft cabin where germs can reside, it’s not the air that’s the problem. And in over 1 million butt-in-seat miles flown, I’ve never once gotten so much as a sniffle from being on an airplane. 

I’m flying tomorrow. I’m not concerned. If I were vulnerable or at risk, I might reconsider it. But not because of air quality on the aircraft. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Anyone flying these days has a hole in their head.   The recycled cabin air is notorious for spreading gerns, The President is even considering shutting down domestic travel to certain cities in the US !    

Ah, @Reever , spreading sunshine and happiness everywhere you go. NOT!

When was the last time you actually got on an airplane? Airplane air is cleaner than the air you breathe in many, many places, with hospital quality HEPA filters removing nearly all of the particulates in the air. 

For those who may be interested In facts, here’s just one of MANY articles that explains it:

https://www.askthepilot.com/questionanswers/cabin-air-quality/

There are plenty of surfaces in an aircraft cabin where germs can reside, it’s not the air that’s the problem. And in over 1 million butt-in-seat miles flown, I’ve never once gotten so much as a sniffle from being on an airplane. 

I’m flying tomorrow. I’m not concerned. If I were vulnerable or at risk, I might reconsider it. But not because of air quality on the aircraft. 

@FrostyBabe1 :  Delta airlines has put a video on the steps they are taking to disinfect all their planes @Reever   Pretty effective and impressive.  I trust them completely with my upcoming flights.

Honored Contributor

Some of my family flew to Florida today. The flight was full.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Some of my family flew to Florida today. The flight was full.

I fear that airplanes are incubators. I remmeber the days of smoke filled planes. HEPA air filtration systems didnt seem to do any good back then.  I certainly wouldnt believe anything that comes out of a CEOs mouth. Their only concern is the price of the stock ticker.