Respected Contributor

Who's Still Flying & Who's Not: A Definitive List

[ Edited ]

For those that travel and are interested in facts, here's an update from FlyerTalk regarding what airlines are still flying and latest capacity reductions:

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/whos-still-flying-and-whos-not-a-definitive-list-with-live-update... 

The author says that they will update the list as info becomes available.

Please, let's leave the "I haven't been on an airplane in 20 years and wouldn't fly now" comments out of this. The intent is to provide facts, not start a rock throwing contest. If you wouldn't fly, this doesn't concern you. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Re: Who's Still Flying & Who's Not: A Definitive List

I have tickets to Florida in 3 weeks, but we will be cancelling. I am afraid domestic travel may be restricted after we get there, and I won't find a way home. I don't want to be exposed to airports right now either. They are discouraging flying for leisure right now.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Well, my cruise at the beginning of next month was definitely cancelled so I am on hold with the flights.

If I cancel, I only get credit for a future flight that has to be done before the end of the calendar year.

I am hoping the airline will cancel the flight, then I could potentially get a refund!

I am watching all travel sites regularly.

Trusted Contributor

I didnt see British Airways in the list.

Any way, as of today, I am still flying with BA from Atlanta to Athens on May. Fingers crossed BA will not cancel the flights

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Valued Contributor

My husband and I have tickets to fly to Venice,like we have done for the past 24 years.Thankfully my kids didn;t want to go this time.So Delta won't give me  my 3.000 dollars back.

I have travel insurance,but it doesn't work for pandemics.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bibione wrote:

My husband and I have tickets to fly to Venice,like we have done for the past 24 years.Thankfully my kids didn;t want to go this time.So Delta won't give me  my 3.000 dollars back.

I have travel insurance,but it doesn't work for pandemics.

No, you won't get your money back if you purchased non-refundable tickets and decide not to travel. But you'll get an e-credit in your SkyMiles account for the full amount to be used for future travel. While they're not refunding non-refundable tickets, they are waiving all change and cancellation fees. 

Now, it the airline cancels the flights, that's a different story. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t know if it was user error or the airline’s website, but I just tried to buy a ticket for Jan 2021 and got an error message. Wouldn’t let me buy it.

I’m really uncertain if I should try again. On one hand, it’s a great price and I’m uncertain if I could ever do any better. But, who knows what airlines will be around in a year?
Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I don’t know if it was user error or the airline’s website, but I just tried to buy a ticket for Jan 2021 and got an error message. Wouldn’t let me buy it.

I’m really uncertain if I should try again. On one hand, it’s a great price and I’m uncertain if I could ever do any better. But, who knows what airlines will be around in a year?

I think a lot of the airline websites are overwhelmed right now with people needing to change/cancel upcoming near-term travel. I've gotten several e-mails from Delta asking folks to hold off on contacting them or trying to make changes unless they're within 72 hours of their scheduled flight. 

They also could be loading schedule changes, but mid-day doesn't seem like the time they'd do that. Most of the time that happens on the weekends. 

I'd suggest trying again at an off-peak hour. 

Respected Contributor

My husband was supposed to go to Texas not week.  That's been canceled.  My cousin and her husband left for Africa last Thursday.  I'm worried about them.

Esteemed Contributor

We WOULD be flying, but all our business got cancelled.  So we will stay home and not get paid instead.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead