Respected Contributor

Re: Trying to resist Dooney Gracie hobo

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I really like the contrasting color too. I am torn between the elephant and the saddle.  Ugh!!🤦🏻‍♀️

Just pulled the trigger on the elephant!!! No willpower whatsoever in this girl......🤷🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Definitely not for me.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I love the black.  Not to sure about the weight.  Anyone have the smooth leather hobo?  It seems as if this bag has a larger opening which is a must for me.  It reminds me of the Harrison Hobo of years past.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QuseNo one is really helping you to resist so I will try to help you.  IT is a heavy bag.  Over two pounds.  Please note that they are not showing it over a real winter coat on the shoulder.  It will not fit.  It does not have an outside pocket.  The inside is the same old red interior with the same old pockets.  I am guessing the pockets will not fit the larger cell phones well.  They may fit in the pocket below the zipper pocket but usually flop out because the pocket isn't deep enough.  It is pebble leather and will not mold to your body.  I do not like a zip top on a hobo, hard to operate without taking it off your shoulder.  Zipper can scrape your hand.   It has the button adjustment system--impossible for the commoner to do.  And even if you could looks to me like you can only adjust it one inch because it is sitting on the middle button hole.  Now you have something to think about!  😬

Occasional Visitor

I love D&B bags. I have purchased six in 16 months, none are hobos which is surprising because all my life that has been my favorite silhouette. This bag is gorgeous in every way except the strap. It is too short. I would order three of them were it not for that, so I am having no trouble resisting it. I am so tired of the Dooney bags created that fit right under the armpit. Only size 0-2 people can pull this off. I live in Chicago and wear a coat a lot and this is cumbersome and uncomfortable. It also hides your bag under the bulk of your arm. Why spent $200-$300 on a nice bag and then scrunch it all up under your arm like you're trying to hide it? I pulled a muscle in my shoulder blade trying to pull a short strap over a coat. Picture it, you have a coat on and you wear your bag on your left shoulder. Because the strap is short, you have to take your right arm all the way across the front of your body, pull the strap up from your left wrist and all the way up to your shoulder. Its like a contortionists' act. With a longer strap it effortlessly swings up on top of your shoulder. I can't believe they make so many like this. Do women really like that? There are a lot of satchels and cross-bodies, wonder how come so few in-between. It's obvious to me a man designs these bags. Don't they have women who give their opinions? Even the straps they make with the piece that is removable are useless as the attached strap is too short. I wear all of my satchels with the long, cross-body strap as a shoulder strap. I have passed on soooo many bags for this reason. A longer shoulder bag is easier to reach into. It's also more natural the rest your arm on it in a slightly downward way. It's all about comfort for me. I'm busy, I don't have time to fuss with fashion. Its why we all love wedges, block heels, flats and athleisure styles now. I don't want styles that are tight, confining, cumbersome and uncomfortable.

Respected Contributor

Very disappointed in how ordinary and dull this tsv is. The style isn't fresh at all. It's an OK basic and I'm sure the quality is good, but I was not tempted. I WANTED to love it. I was ready to pounce on what used to be a great holiday Dooney special. In the mood! When I saw the advance listing, I thought they had put in a pic of an old hobo by mistake. I bought the Dooney Italian Montecatini "Carina" bag, instead. A splurge, but it's on sale for only $438!! 

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@QuseNo one is really helping you to resist so I will try to help you.  IT is a heavy bag.  Over two pounds.  Please note that they are not showing it over a real winter coat on the shoulder.  It will not fit.  It does not have an outside pocket.  The inside is the same old red interior with the same old pockets.  I am guessing the pockets will not fit the larger cell phones well.  They may fit in the pocket below the zipper pocket but usually flop out because the pocket isn't deep enough.  It is pebble leather and will not mold to your body.  I do not like a zip top on a hobo, hard to operate without taking it off your shoulder.  Zipper can scrape your hand.  Cant tell how easily it can be the adjusted.   If it has belt type good, button impossible.  Looks like it has a combination of both.  Now you have something to think about!  😬

I have to disagree with you.  Unless you're really obese it won't fit over a shoulder wearing a coat, but I have the old Tartan hobo bag from many years ago that's the same style and it will fit on your shoulder wearing a winter coat and the strap is adjustable to make it longer.  The bag will conform to your body.  Yes the bag is over two lbs. making it heavy.  

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Very disappointed in how ordinary and dull this tsv is. The style isn't fresh at all. It's an OK basic and I'm sure the quality is good, but I was not tempted. I WANTED to love it. I was ready to pounce on what used to be a great holiday Dooney special. In the mood! When I saw the advance listing, I thought they had put in a pic of an old hobo by mistake. I bought the Dooney Italian Montecatini "Carina" bag, instead. A splurge, but it's on sale for only $438!! 

I thought the bag at first in a pic I saw was dull also, but I disagree with you.  This is a classic hobo style bag from Dooney and what makes this bag gorgeous is the beautifl equestrian strap with the bold jewelry rings on it.  I find it's very appealing and attractive.  The color choice is amazing.  It's a very quality bag and a classic hobo and will last a person a lifetime.  But like the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find this bag very attractive.  Whoever gets this one will get many compliments I'm sure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am itching for a new purse but this is too heavy, no outer pockets and I think the strap will slide off my shoulder... For me,  it’s a no. Oops  I’m also sick of the red lining... change it to another light color., 

If you get it, hope ya love it! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023 Not obese but I live in the midatlantic and wear puffy coats and do not like a bag scraping my armpit.  And not easy to get into once you get it on your shoulder unless you take it off.  Now, if you are a little girl and live in a temperate climate or are at that stage in life where you run hot and don't need a big coat then this may be the bag for you.  😬