Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to resist Dooney Gracie hobo

@Shawnie wrote:

@QuseNo one is really helping you to resist so I will try to help you.  IT is a heavy bag.  Over two pounds.  Please note that they are not showing it over a real winter coat on the shoulder.  It will not fit.  It does not have an outside pocket.  The inside is the same old red interior with the same old pockets.  I am guessing the pockets will not fit the larger cell phones well.  They may fit in the pocket below the zipper pocket but usually flop out because the pocket isn't deep enough.  It is pebble leather and will not mold to your body.  I do not like a zip top on a hobo, hard to operate without taking it off your shoulder.  Zipper can scrape your hand.   It has the button adjustment system--impossible for the commoner to do.  And even if you could looks to me like you can only adjust it one inch because it is sitting on the middle button hole.  Now you have something to think about!  😬

@Shawnie I agree on all points!  I just want to add that the strap looks like it will probably slid down your shoulder motst of the time.

It's a cute bag but I think one can do much better!

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Very disappointed in how ordinary and dull this tsv is. The style isn't fresh at all. It's an OK basic and I'm sure the quality is good, but I was not tempted. I WANTED to love it. I was ready to pounce on what used to be a great holiday Dooney special. In the mood! When I saw the advance listing, I thought they had put in a pic of an old hobo by mistake. I bought the Dooney Italian Montecatini "Carina" bag, instead. A splurge, but it's on sale for only $438!! 

I thought the bag at first in a pic I saw was dull also, but I disagree with you.  This is a classic hobo style bag from Dooney and what makes this bag gorgeous is the beautifl equestrian strap with the bold jewelry rings on it.  I find it's very appealing and attractive.  The color choice is amazing.  It's a very quality bag and a classic hobo and will last a person a lifetime.  But like the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find this bag very attractive.  Whoever gets this one will get many compliments I'm sure.

@Blingqueen023

I'm sure you're right. It's definitely a classic style and I love the equestrian look. It's just that I've seen this hobo design so many times before. But not everyone has. I think the price is great.  I just wanted something different. I didn't mean to be dissing the people who are ordering it because it's a good classic bag. As are all Dooneys.

Honored Contributor

No outside phone pocket is a deal breaker every time. 

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

No outside phone pocket is a deal breaker every time. 

For me too!  THat and weight.  But they need to start putting an outside pocket on every bag, certainly over the $200 mark I think.  I liked that Cameron I think it was croco satchel.  But $300 (over 2 lbs) and no pocket??  Common Dooney get with it.

Respected Contributor

@Quse wrote:

Help! I'm trying to resist this Dooney tsv..I don't even like hobos..lol

I've whined so much about Dooney not using more of the palladium hardware that I feel obligated now to buy this bag. 

It is a nice bag, love the hardware and details...love the split pockets inside. I usually carry crossbody satchels, so I don't know if I'd like wrangling a hobo.

I did, however, shorten my Florentine satchel the other night and wear it over the shoulder....hmmmm.

Anyone buying the Gracie? What color are you getting?

I will try to help you to resist - I do not like the white stitching, makes it look cheap.

Super Contributor

I was able to resist for now. Will wait on reviews.

Valued Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@QuseNo one is really helping you to resist so I will try to help you.  IT is a heavy bag.  Over two pounds.  Please note that they are not showing it over a real winter coat on the shoulder.  It will not fit.  It does not have an outside pocket.  The inside is the same old red interior with the same old pockets.  I am guessing the pockets will not fit the larger cell phones well.  They may fit in the pocket below the zipper pocket but usually flop out because the pocket isn't deep enough.  It is pebble leather and will not mold to your body.  I do not like a zip top on a hobo, hard to operate without taking it off your shoulder.  Zipper can scrape your hand.   It has the button adjustment system--impossible for the commoner to do.  And even if you could looks to me like you can only adjust it one inch because it is sitting on the middle button hole.  Now you have something to think about!  😬

@Shawnie I have to agree with you on most points. I bought the Elephant and have been looking at it since it arrived. I haven't taken any of the protective coverings off, as I'm not sure I'll keep it. The biggest problem for me is, it's a hobo (duh). I thought I'd like to try one, but I think I'm a hard core satchel girl. One strap falling off of my shoulder and no cross body may be the return. It is even more beautiful in person though. The exact color I wanted with silver hardware.

Respected Contributor

I received this bag a few days ago.  The strap is on the middle setting and there's more then enough room to fit over a winter coat.  I ordered the teal and it's perfect in every way possible.  It's a beautiful bag.  The strap is made over and beyond top quality.  I really can't say a bad word about this handbag.  It was a great buy and it's gorgeous and it's functional.  I'm more then happy with this handbag.  Glad I got it.