Respected Contributor

Re: Skechers GOwalk Classic Washable Slip-Ons

I'm a poll worker with my county election commission.  These are my election day shoes.  I'm thinking about one of the prints.

Honored Contributor

IMO these are a bit of a snooze.  I'd like to see something a little edgier.

Honored Contributor

I have two other pairs of similar Sketchers and I do like them.  I thought the TSV navy floral was cute so put in my cart.  Then order came up...before tax at $65 ($5.50 S&H)...with tax it would be near $70....in my opinion too much so I cancelled.  Hope they sell out so I am not tempted again.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

IMO these are a bit of a snooze.  I'd like to see something a little edgier.

Yes, they are sort of basic and functional but I think there are many people needing or wanting that kind of shoe.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I loved the GoWalk slip on  suede shoes with the faux fur lining.  When they were being discontinued, I bought several pairs in evey color they had available in my size.

I am now wearing the final pair.

I also bought the GoWalk summer weight slip ons when they were a TSV a few years go.  I can't wear them.  They rub my back heels into awful blisters. The fit is awful on my feet. I am passing on the TSV due to my past experience with them.  This style isn't new for GoWalk, they just added new colors.

Three years I bought a pair of Skechers lace up shoes from HSN. I put them on and went to walk the dog. Before I even got started I could feel them rubbing my heels. I took them off and went back to get another pair. Too late, had a blister. I let it completely heal and put blister prevention bandages over the spots and tried again. After my third walk the shoes were broken in. 

Respected Contributor

Many years ago, I bought this style of Skechers and enjoyed wearing them. But since then I had a bout with plantar fasciitis and purchase inserts for the shoes I wear to exercise. I also have a high instep. I prefer a more stylish look as well.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon  I totally with you. How about a bit higher kind of wedge/espadrille look with maybe different textures on it. They may be comfortable, but they are a snooze to me.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 The higher wedge idea, or even a platform style was exactly what I was thinking.  These are too flat and, I dare to use the offensive term (here on the boards anyway), "old lady."

Honored Contributor

@SnowOwl79   I find that many shoes rub my heels.  I have what's called a Haglunds Deformity.  In English, I have a bump on my heels.  I had surgery on my left foot to remove it, but never got the right one done.

If shoes rub, I refuse to keep wearing them to break them in.  I have been there and done that.  I just buy a lot of sandals and backless clogs, mules and soft shoes.  My GoWalks even blistered my left heel which doesn't have a bump anymore.

I loved the faux fur lined GoWalks.  I hope they bring them back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D   or JRT's