Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skechers GOwalk Classic Washable Slip-Ons

I don't buy Skechers because they don't have removable insoles and I won't wear shoes without arch support or where I can insert my own insoles 

Respected Contributor

I have three pair of GOwalk slip-ons and like them. However, I have two pair of the exact same shoe (just different color) in 8.5 and one is a bit larger than the other.

My third pair is also 8.5, but looks much larger. Super wide, too. When I look down at my feet, I see duck feet. They require thick socks, for best comfort, which I didn't want to wear. I should have sent them back.

Something's up with Skechers sizing? That's disappointing, since when you get a good fit, they're super comfy. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

I don't buy Skechers because they don't have removable insoles and I won't wear shoes without arch support or where I can insert my own insoles 

If you really want a pair you may look into the Arch Fit line of skechers.  I have on a pair right now and they have a removable insole.  Perhaps other lines within the brand do too.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

For my Skechers I buy them in a half size larger and then I put my own insoles in them. My GOWalk Classics I buy in wides and to me they seem extra wide so putting an insole in them helps with that also.

Respected Contributor

Cute shoe, but sketchers has too much variation in fit and chances are I will need to return. And there's an outlet near me, better to try shoes on! Pass, but hope everyone is happy with them! 🥰

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Skechers does sell shoes with arch support, but they are much more expensive (over $80.00) and they are never on sale.  The cushion stuff is OK.  You're comfortable in their shoes.  I don't buy the non arch Skechers as the slip-on is  too short for me.  My toe goes all the way to the end and I can't size up a half size because I wold fall out of the shoe. The lace up shoes are better.  But I really have a problem getting a good fit from the slip-on. I think it's because I do wear socks with them.

Super Contributor

@Mindy D Thank you for stating the size issue!

I can wear from a size 6 to size 7.5 in Skechers. Huge size variation!

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

IMO these are a bit of a snooze.  I'd like to see something a little edgier.

Yes, they are sort of basic and functional but I think there are many people needing or wanting that kind of shoe.

@SilleeMee  You're right about that.  I bought this TSV in black.  With my sore acky feet, the one pair I have in this style is all I can wear lately.  

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon    Thank you.  I've been eyeing a pair of Archfit on Zappos.  I just may try

Frequent Contributor

Of course Carolyn just said she purchased 5 pairs of the TSV, and 2 pairs for her mother.  Yeah, OK.

Yeah she says anything for sale. She went Ga-ga over the acidwash shirt first time it was presented. She wanted the olive one so badly. Then by next presentation, I was expecting her to say I own it in Olive color but she did not utter a word. 

I presume she tried it and did not like it and just kept mum. Smiley Happy