Frequent Contributor

Re: Shark Stick Vacuum TSV 1/9

Does anyone know if this can stand up on its own?

Trusted Contributor

No it doesn't stand on its own. I have the large size of this same vacuum and it is super annoying that it doesn't stand up on its own. Even of you leave it leaning on something, before you can turn around it rolls forward and falls on the floor.

I love how the Q makes it seem like this is such a new vacuum that they got a "super price" for. "Lowest price anywhere". Ya QVC, there is a reason for that.

I read so many reviews at different websites and the reviews are awful. 3 stars at best (averaged).

Not good suction, no light on the front, small dirt bin, so much plastic it breaks easy, it dies after a short period of time (6-8 months), does not do well on rugs, clogs up at the roller head. The list is endless.

Looks to me like Shark gave all the remainder they had to QVC to sell them off. It is not a new model at all.

QVC is going to ruin their credibility when they do sell offs like this. I don't trust them any more, which is why I went in search of reviews at many other places to see if reviews are the same across the board, and they are. Not many are happy with this model.

I like Shark, the bigger size, normal size models work fine. They missed the design on this model. I like the stick vac idea, which is why I went in search of reviews. Glad I did.

$169.00 is a lot of money for that, and the real price of $219.00 and up at other stores is ridiculous for a stick vac. Overpriced just because of name recognition.

One thing I noticed at every airing as I mulled over a purchase of this is that not once (that I saw) have they turned it over and showed the brush head. Last night when the Shark rep was vacuuming her beige rug the camera was on the vacuum head, and the rug fibers were all wrapped around the roller. The camera person clearly saw it too because they cut real quickly away from the rep and back to the studio while she was still talking. That is what gave me a red flag to go read reviews elsewhere. The last thing I need is another vacuum that I have to pull or cut out all the fibers and hair all caught up and rolled around the brush head.

Just some thoughts of my own. If anyone is buying I hope you enjoy it and it works well for you. Maybe your opinions will differ. Everyone has different desires when it comes to cleaning products.

Valued Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

No it doesn't stand on its own. I have the large size of this same vacuum and it is super annoying that it doesn't stand up on its own. Even of you leave it leaning on something, before you can turn around it rolls forward and falls on the floor.

I love how the Q makes it seem like this is such a new vacuum that they got a "super price" for. "Lowest price anywhere". Ya QVC, there is a reason for that.

I read so many reviews at different websites and the reviews are awful. 3 stars at best (averaged).

Not good suction, no light on the front, small dirt bin, so much plastic it breaks easy, it dies after a short period of time (6-8 months), does not do well on rugs, clogs up at the roller head. The list is endless.

Looks to me like Shark gave all the remainder they had to QVC to sell them off. It is not a new model at all.

QVC is going to ruin their credibility when they do sell offs like this. I don't trust them any more, which is why I went in search of reviews at many other places to see if reviews are the same across the board, and they are. Not many are happy with this model.

I like Shark, the bigger size, normal size models work fine. They missed the design on this model. I like the stick vac idea, which is why I went in search of reviews. Glad I did.

$169.00 is a lot of money for that, and the real price of $219.00 and up at other stores is ridiculous for a stick vac. Overpriced just because of name recognition.

One thing I noticed at every airing as I mulled over a purchase of this is that not once (that I saw) have they turned it over and showed the brush head. Last night when the Shark rep was vacuuming her beige rug the camera was on the vacuum head, and the rug fibers were all wrapped around the roller. The camera person clearly saw it too because they cut real quickly away from the rep and back to the studio while she was still talking. That is what gave me a red flag to go read reviews elsewhere. The last thing I need is another vacuum that I have to pull or cut out all the fibers and hair all caught up and rolled around the brush head.

Just some thoughts of my own. If anyone is buying I hope you enjoy it and it works well for you. Maybe your opinions will differ. Everyone has different desires when it comes to cleaning products.

I have searched many online store's and cannot find the exact vac that is the TSV. Please list the store's that have the SAME Vac, so I can look at the review's. I saw some that are close but not exact.