Regular Contributor

I need to lose 80 lbs.  I love to cook and love REAL food.  My problem is I am bad about NOT eating so my metab is sluggish.  Is this food any good?  I did Jenny Craig once and was not a fan of the packaged shelf food.  I liked the frozen meals much better.  Any input is appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Weight Watchers is more for you!  The program recently was revamped and it is fabulous! Real food! REal cooking!  Ive lost 35 lbs so far! Its so much healthier than Nutrisystem!

Honored Contributor

Jenny tastes tons better than nutri system.  The foods are prepackaged and everything is microwavable.  My friend did really well on it because of the quick preparation of the food.  She didn't have time to meal plan.  Every night she'd pack all her foods for the next day and take them to work.

I agree though, weight watchers is a good program that teaches portion control.

Esteemed Contributor

No ,  IMO it  is awful, I tried it yrs ago .

While watching Marie last night ,she said she was on it before and  while on "Dancing With The Stars"    Well we all remember she fainted after her dance, on that show, so maybe the Nutrition isn't that good either.             ??????.

Contributor

No Value Payments?????

Super Contributor

While I love the idea of having my meals laid out for me in healthy portions, we all know fresh food that is not pre-packaged is healthiest.  The sodium content on packaged foods is eye popping.

I bought two healthy cookbooks and am doing my own portioning.  I cook 2-3 times a week and package healthy portions to take to work.

If your metabolism is sluggish, don't forget to exercise.  Snack on fruit and nuts during the day.

Respected Contributor

Re: Nutrisystem

[ Edited ]

At the end of the day after you have lost the weight, what do you do?  Do you stay on Nutrisystem the rest of your life or do you permanently change your eating habits for good?  I lost 27lbs on Weight Watchers, The Etools on line are fantastic.  I carry my cell phone or iPad and log everything I eat.  Do you know why I see people not losing weight at my meetings?  It's because they don't account for every morsel they put In their mouths.  I still allow myself a small candy bar every day, so I don't feel deprived.  Yes, I still go out for pizza and beer.  I just don't have half of the pie and half a pitcher of beer.  My Hubbie bought me Godiva for Christmas.  I had one a day till they were gone.  I didn't eat the whole box at one sitting.  I'm constantly aware of what I eat.  This is the way you lose weight and keep it off for good.  It's a choice you make every day. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you still have to count points in WW?  I hate trying to keep up with points.  I want to know what to eat when.  Like, 1 protein and a starch for breakfast, 2 proteins and veggies for lunch, etc

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. You have to count points.  To me it's easier than counting calories.  The Etools on line have almost every food broken down in points.  If they don't, then you can scan the bar code from your cell phone and it will convert the points for you,  all my Godiva was on my Etools. The hamburger buns I use, the Target brand food I buy, the Wendys chili I eat, etc.  You can also look on the package and enter the info into Etools.  WW makes it very easy.  Go to a meeting and check it out.  You can always say no. 

Respected Contributor

Diets do not work. Losing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change.