Contributor

I don't expect My Saint My Hero items to bless or protect me but I do expect them to at least be made of silver.  I like the TSV but how will they hold up?

Respected Contributor

I have no problem with this being a statement of faith.  You can easily pass if you choose, without announcing your being "offended", which seems to be today's trend.  My objection to the bracelets has more to do with them looking like something for teenagers.  Perfect gift if you have young ones to purchase for. 

Honored Contributor

I found the vendor to seem so FAKE. She uses words like grace and love but not in proper context. I don't feel I need to look at a piece of jewelry to remind me of my faith either. Maybe some people do. I also do not go around in my daily life pushing my faith in other people's faces - just not my way. To me faith is personal and private.

Just more examples of QVC anything for a buck!

Honored Contributor

According to wikipedia - St Benedictine is the saint of moderation and balance. From what I read on these boards daily this is something that the QVC customers could use a good dose of.

Super Contributor

Have they ever done this before? Plus, the bracelet is cheap. Listening to the presentation this morning, I feel like I turned on the wrong station. To my Jewish sisters, Shabbat Shalom. 

Contributor

Granny me .... It is universal, no matter what faith. The cross is there and the letters are the first letters of words in certain prayers. There is nothing magic or mystical about this. It just says we are here for a purpose and asking for protection from evil. The Benedictine medal has a certain meaning for Catholics, but it is not meant to be exclusive. Hope this helps. 

Super Contributor

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but Jewish people would have no reason to wear that bracelet. JMO

Esteemed Contributor

It's complete Junk!  Something you give a child to wear as it's not really that valuable.  Faith?  What faith?  There are many beliefs and what has a piece of junk like their products ever done to make the world a better place to live in?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Contributor

I think they're cute, a little overpriced, but  COME ON, couldn't they have made these in the U.S.?  I'm so sick of these imports!

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I am horrified that QVC would stoop so low.  A protection bracelet.  What makes it a "protection" bracelet?  Does it have some magical powers in it?  I could wear a rubber band around my wrist and call it a "protection bracelet". 

If they have Shawn selling it later today I might go into a diabetic coma.... how can they get away with talking so much about religion on air and when we do here it is poofed so fast your head will spin?????

QVC needs to get away from this make believe fairy jewelry that has so called magical qualities. Selling magic is just so wrong.