QVC Community

Pressure Cooker Chat coming 4/6 with The Blue Jean Chef!

[ Edited ]

Pressure cooker2.jpgHey Everyone!

I am looking forward to my first chat in the Community!

Get your pressure cooker questions ready! If you already use a pressure cooker, what is your favorite recipe? Please share it!

-Meredith

Edited to show you what is coming up at midnight! 

Pressure cooker Guide Page

Valued Contributor

Re: Pressure Cooker Chat coming 4/6 with The Blue Jean Chef!

Is there a pressure cooker TSV that day?

QVC Community

[ Edited ]

Ok, I'll post the first recipe. Warning - it's yummy!! 

Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake

Makes one 7-inch cheesecake, serves 6

Ingredients:

6 graham crackers, crushed

2 tablespoons orange zest, divided

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 pound cream cheese, room temperature

2/3 cup sugar

¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract

¼ cup orange juice concentrate

2 eggs

Directions:

1. Line the inside of a 7-inch cake pan with a large piece of greased aluminum foil (greased side facing up), pushing it into all the edges of the pan. Crush the graham crackers into crumbs either by hand or with a food processor, and combine with one tablespoon of orange zest and the melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the base of the cake pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the cheesecake batter.
  2. Using the paddle on your stand mixer with low speed, the regular beaters on a hand mixer on low speed, or a food processor blend the cream cheese until it is completely smooth with no lumps. When all the lumps in the cream cheese have disappeared, add the sugar, vanilla extract, orange juice concentrate and the remaining orange zest. Blend just to incorporate the ingredients and then add the eggs one at a time. Continue to mix until the eggs have been mixed in, but do not over-beat. 
  3. Pour the batter into the cake pan with the graham cracker crust. Cover the pan tightly with more greased aluminum foil. Place a rack in the bottom of the pressure cooker. Make a sling with which to lower the cheesecake into the cooker by taking a long piece of aluminum foil, folding it in half lengthwise twice until it looks like it is about 26-inches by 3-inches. Lower the cheesecake into the cooker and onto the rack, and add enough water to cover the bottom by 1 inch. Lock the lid in place, tucking the ends of the sling into the cooker.
  4. Pressure cook on HIGH for 22 minutes.
  5. Let the pressure drop NATURALLY and let the cheesecake sit in the turned off pressure cooker for one hour. Carefully remove the lid and transfer the cheesecake from the cooker to the counter. Let the cheesecake come to room temperature and then remove the foil from the top of the cake pan. Blot any liquid that might have condensed on the surface of the cake, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
  6. Bring the cake to room temperature before serving.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This recipe looks too good to be true LOL...I will try it, but I have to get a rack for my PC first.

Q:  Do we use all the orange (are mandarins best in this recipe) segments? 

Hope I don't have to work during your chat, but, if so, I will check back to read it.

I love my electric PC!  Much better than the hissing, spitting monster clanging away on my Grandmother's stove LOL.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
New Contributor

Can't wait to try this recipe!  It would be helpful if you could provide clarification about the mandarin oranges.  I believe "mandarin oranges" appear only in the directions but they are not listed in the ingredients.  Please let us know.  Thanks!

QVC Social Team

@MacDUFF wrote:

This recipe looks too good to be true LOL...I will try it, but I have to get a rack for my PC first.

Q:  Do we use all the orange (are mandarins best in this recipe) segments? 

Hope I don't have to work during your chat, but, if so, I will check back to read it.

I love my electric PC!  Much better than the hissing, spitting monster clanging away on my Grandmother's stove LOL.

Hello @MacDUFF & @RomeandVenice - You both have a good eye to detail! I forwarded your questions to Meredith and she replied that she omitted the mandarin oranges as it made the recipe too wet. We simply forgot to take that line out of the recipe so I went ahead and did that. 

Good catch! 

QVC Community

[ Edited ]

Pressure cooker.png

I wanted to post this photo of the Today's Special Value pressure cooker we will be chatting all day about tomorrow! Also, here is a link to a page with a lot of information and videos I made about pressure cooking. I hope you enjoy it!> Pressure Cooking

Remember to ask your questions or share your favorite recipes with us here!

-Meredith

Super Contributor

Is the pictured pressure cooker a 4 quart? Would that wire rack fit in a 6 quart? Are they the same diameter insert? I use something that is really a trivetIMG_20160405_145032.jpg

Hi Meredith, are gaskets available for seperate purchase, or can they be?  

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to be able to purchase a backup for the silicon seal/gasket for my 6 qt. Since this is the only part we can fix ourselves, can you convince QVC to stock them in all 3 sizes of pressure cookers.