Regular Contributor

Oh my, I do hope we're not going to compare every item QVC sells against the supposed "starving and imminently homeless" yardstick.  People who are in that situation are likely not watching QVC looking for a cure for their hair loss.

Hair loss remedies or treatments are no different than the thousands of serums, creams and lotions people put on their skin in the hope the skin becomes firmer and the wrinkles go away.  Some things work for some people, others don't.

For anyone looking for something for hair loss, I hope it works for you.

Trusted Contributor

The new growth looked like peach fuzz to me.  Not very impressive for the price you are paying.  Frankly, I would rather buy a beautiful wig or two and be done with this.

Respected Contributor

I have the comb and feel it works well, it did help fill in some on my crown and temple areas - the only thing I dislike is I will need to use it for life, it's a commitment, just hope I can always afford to buy a new comb or whatever they have at the time when the one I have goes out, at least QVC has easy pay, it does make it a little more in reach.

Contributor

Good to know.  I am considering the comb which is a much more realistic price for me.  

Respected Contributor

@Esmollin wrote:

$1400 for a device that might grow hair and a cap?  QVC is really out of touch. People are worried about buying food and bring evicted. I am very disappointed in this company, they need a wake up call. 

in my opinion its tone deaf to the plight of seniors and people on fixed incomes. If I were a host I would have refused to present it due to my conscience..  I am sad QVC presented this during the pandemic. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Esmollin wrote:

$1400 for a device that might grow hair and a cap?  QVC is really out of touch. People are worried about buying food and bring evicted. I am very disappointed in this company, they need a wake up call. 

in my opinion its tone deaf to the plight of seniors and people on fixed incomes. If I were a host I would have refused to present it due to my conscience..  I am sad QVC presented this during the pandemic. 

I am a senior on a fixed income. I have struggled with hair loss almost my entire adult life and at one point I went bald for a year. Until someone has walked in my shoes then it's difficult to understand what it's like to lose your hair as a woman. I managed to find a way to buy hair lasers because they are valuable enough to me....enough to keep me from going bald again. What better time is there to start using a hair laser. We are mostly inside where we doing our own private things anyway. Why not just add this to the routine?

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Esmollin wrote:

In that case, your decision would leave you unemployed.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Esmollin wrote:

So they're not supposed to present any product that doesn't fit in to your demographic? Yeahhhh. They won't be in business very long if they do that. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee @Reever 

One of the positives of QVC is they offer many different things w/different price points, easy payment plans if one needs plus their guarantee.  This item may not be something for everyone but if one has a definite need which many of us women do it is much appreciated that it is offered.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Esmollin wrote:

@Reever So no business should sell things that some on fixed incomes cannot afford???  Makes no sense at all! Businesses sell things to make money.  Those who cannot afford them just won't buy them.  Why demand that others cannot have the opprotunity to buy what some cannot afford?  Using that logic then most companies would be out of business.