Frequent Contributor

$1400 for a device that might grow hair and a cap?  QVC is really out of touch. People are worried about buying food and bring evicted. I am very disappointed in this company, they need a wake up call. 

Super Contributor

I agree!  Give your customers something that is useful and affordable.  Apparently a caller said it made her hair fall out.  Products like this are a joke and yet some people pin their hopes on it and these are the ones that vendors take advantage of.

Trusted Contributor

😂😂😂 This ridiculous device gave me my morning giggle. 

Honored Contributor

I think there are millions of people who have enough money to buy that device.  I just can’t figure out why they would.

Super Contributor

Feel so sorry for today's hosts who have to hawk this item...EVEN if it worked, the potential health risks and cost would turn me off......

where are the warnings...ie...do not use if you lost hair because of chemo...CONSULT your doctor

Some one on the sales staff/buyer really goofed

Honored Contributor

People worried about buying food are most likely not the ones buying it. 

While I think they are way overpriced, do we want others shaming us for how we spend our money?   Shaming and throwing guilt by the morally superior has become a popular pastime.

Rogaine and it's generic copies are much less expensive and work equally as well for those who can't afford laser. 

However, laser is FDA approved and does work on some people.  It's a nicer alternative to putting minoxidil on your scalp everyday.  

For those who can afford it, is $1400 too much compared to losing your hair...particularly if you are female?

Honored Contributor

It does seem like a ridiculous contraption.  I doubt it works any better than Rogaine (minoxidil) and suspect wearing a laser cap would have long-term health consequences.

But there must be folks with money to burn willing to give it a try.

Respected Contributor

There are lots of people NOT worried, too. And for those who are, I suggest that QVC is not a good option as a place to spend money.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I have been using the hairmax laser comb for years and the hair in my temple area is back now so these devices do work.  There is someone who posts here that has a laser cap and has gotten great results.  Those who haven't tried it are in no position to call it a joke!!!

Everyone is not in financial dire straights and can afford to buy things.

Respected Contributor

Yes, someone called in clearly upset that the cap had caused hair loss to become increasingly excessive. She stated her complaint and then hung up, not waiting for a response.  

The host (Shawn) and vendor handled it well, discussing who the device may help and who it likely would not. This can't be shared enough, not only for the cost factor, but also for the shattered hope some will have. 

It's possible the caller would not have been the targeted user.  If you're losing hair from thyroid disorder, medications, chemo, and multiple other health issues, it's not likely to be effective. This type of hair loss may be remedied by stabilizing health issues, not wearing a cap.  

Sadly, people with the anxiety of hair loss, regardless of the reason, are vulnerable and grabbing at straws. It can lead to a journey of ineffective treatments.