Honored Contributor

Re: Kipling TSV

[ Edited ]

I would not pay $60, $70 and up for this TSV syntheic bag.  You have got to be kidding.  I could care less about a monkey hanging from the bag.  Quite a few companies trying to follow in Vera Bradley's footsteps.   Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I’m not familiar with Kipling bags.  I like the flower power, but since the straps are light I’m concerned they will get dirty and be difficult to clean.  Can anyone tell me how they wear?

Thanks!

I, too, am not familiar with Kipling bags.  I like the flower power but am not ordering because I'm concerned about keeping it clean and all they said in the presentation is to wipe it with a damp cloth.  That won't help the straps and given that the straps are a light color, I'll pass.

I've put mine in the washing machine in a delicate laundry bag and had no problems. You just have to remove the monkey first.  

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I’m not familiar with Kipling bags.  I like the flower power, but since the straps are light I’m concerned they will get dirty and be difficult to clean.  Can anyone tell me how they wear?

Thanks!

@Edith Anne Mine have worn just fine with no threads, tears, or stains. These are made remarkably well, not like their copy cat competition. I've had bags for decades that I've put in the washer (remove monkey) delicate cycle so they're easier to clean than other bags.

Contributor

Agree...looks like something I’d find at the local discount store for $35 maybe...?  And I think that fabric strap cheapens the look of the bag.  Overpriced for the look, IMO.

Contributor

I’ve wished for years that QVC would sell Kate Spde handbags.

Valued Contributor

I purchased the Rose Gold. I think this will be a great spring/summer bag.

Super Contributor

@chiclet

These bags are for the "Millenial Group", Do not understand them at all, no sophistication, it looks like a diaper bag or a "shlep" bag. What happened to the Q from years ago.

Honored Contributor

I did not purchase.  I did love it.  I liked the gold and the rose gold.  I was being cheap.  I hate paying s/h.

To those of you who purchased...enjoy.

The monkey is cute, the style is cute, they are lightweight, and they do not look like diaper bags.  They also look well made.  CUTE!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I’ve wished for years that QVC would sell Kate Spde handbags.

They would not be a good deal on the Q.  The outlets would be far less expensive.  The Q is no deal for the most part. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I like the Angie bag.  It is a nice size for my personal use.  I don't think these look like diaper bags.  I do think the Lugs look lik diaper bags.