Honored Contributor

First time I saw a Kipling, my sister-in-law was carrying it.  

She loves hers and carries it every time she travels, including a couple of trips to Mexico, two trips to see us and it looks brand new!  I loved it and decided to buy one.  So today I bought the Rose Gold and I love the style.

From Google:

"Apes do not have tails, while most monkey species do. Apes tend to be larger than monkeys and usually have larger brains. Apes also tend to live longer than monkeys. ... Ape species include humans, gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, gibbons, and bonobos."

I honestly believe that the Kipling company made an honest mistake naming the little furry critter and I've started calling it a Monkilla....  or a Gorkey.....Woman Wink Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

What color or print is everyone loving?  I'm thinking about the gold but not sure.  Also like the prints and the bran color!  Would appreciate your opinions!

@coconut1818, I just ordered the Darling Multi:  figured could wear with my red parka and navy peacoat in winter and would go with jeans, etc., so I can get by year round.  I never do prints so this will be something different for me.

I have the Bran and really like that color.  The Rose Gold and Sparkly Gold colors really attracted me, but hard to tell online what shade they really are.  Will try to catch it on air tonite, hoping it might clarify the colors.  

Respected Contributor

I love their bags and I don't know if the mascot is a monkey, gorilla, chimp, whatever but the first thing I do is get rid of it.  A monkey swinging off a purse is not a good look.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kipling TSV

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I love their bags and I don't know if the mascot is a monkey, gorilla, chimp, whatever but the first thing I do is get rid of it.  A monkey swinging off a purse is not a good look.

LOL   I think I am in my second childhood, as that darling monkey is what draws me to these bags.   I have mostly a casual life style now and want a collection of bags that I don't have to "baby. "  These fit my needs .

I ordered one of the TSV's in Bran to stash for Fall and two Bailey's  -Papaya and Belgian Blue for Spring /Summer.  

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

It's not my idea of handbag.  I think back to when my girls were in middle school or h.s and it seems like it's something they might have used for school.  

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

---------------

If I purchase - am thinking about the black - the first thing I will do is take that monkey off!

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

---------------

If I purchase - am thinking about the black - the first thing I will do is take that monkey off!

My favorite bag of theirs is the Alvar.  I have 3...  black, metallic pewter and jaded green.  I think I'd like one in true blue.  I have a Kipling retail store along with a few outlet stores in my city and their retail stores have 30% off sales once in a while and that's when I buy.

Honored Contributor

Everyone likes different things.  I don't care for it.  I'm like some of you.  I've never heard of this brand; but then there are a lot of things I've never heard of.

My friend has one similar to that that she carries every day.

I gave her a Dooney purse and she said "No thanks".  That thing she carries is all shredding (threads everywhere).

Oh!  And she has all kinds of things hanging from the thing (similar to the stuffed animal).  

I'm glad there are purses for everyone.  I cannot understand why they won't offer Coach.  

Why is that animal hanging off of the purse?  

Contributor

Sorry, but I wouldn't be caught dead carrying any of those bags. Looks like a cheap diaper bag

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I agree.  I thought of a diaper bag as soon as I saw it last night.

I agree too, it would make a great diaper bag.