Trusted Contributor

Another video. Emeril get's a good mention at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_7CaD4UCYo

Respected Contributor
On 1/26/2014 lacey1 said:

Check this out for more info. The price was higher!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK-tkAxk84s

Thanks for posting this link. I wondered if QVC's price was higher or lower than HSN's. Now I know and have to decide if I'm going to order. I now have 2 PC -- 1 Cook's Essential and the other is a stove top model bought from HSN. Both are in great working condition.

Regular Contributor

I am retired and have all day to cook. Is there any reason why I would need this appliance? I use a crockpot occasionally. I am 63 and have never owned a pressure cooker. On the fence.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/26/2014 imagemd said:

I am retired and have all day to cook. Is there any reason why I would need this appliance? I use a crockpot occasionally. I am 63 and have never owned a pressure cooker. On the fence.

I have slow cookers and pressure cookers. Just bought the TSV!. The difference is the flavor. A pressure cooker will 'infuse', (blast) the flavors into the food. When I make potatoes for potato salad, I will season the water with garlic powder, bouillon, etc. and the potatoes have so much more flavor,r and they are not water logged, as they would have been if boiled. I also make healthier grains, (brown rice, farro, barley, etc.). It's so easy in the pressure cooker. It takes a long time on the stove top-wouldn't work well in a slow cooker, and you have to worry about scorching it. The flavor and convenience of an electric pressure cooker is unbeatable. I am a believer!

Frequent Contributor
On 1/26/2014 lacey1 said:

Another video. Emeril get's a good mention at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_7CaD4UCYo

Thanks for the link. My mom's was a stove top one as well and was getting worried about all the negatives she was saying about electric ones. How nice to hear Emeril's is one of the best ones to get. I'm not one who cooks a lot but I think this will help me get into cooking some healthier foods. Fish is one item I've never been a fan of but Ii think this will definitely give me a chance to make fish and have it be edible.

Glad to see your DH talked you into getting one of your own. :-) Enjoy.

Super Contributor

Can you cook your veggies right along with a piece of meat in one of these things. He has mostly been mostly showing soups when I have watched. I prefer cooking things that do not have a lot of sauces and gravy. Do you have to add a lot of liquid go cook in a pressure cooker?

Trusted Contributor

It depends on the recipe. If you are doing a big piece of meat-the veggies will turn to mush if cooked at the same time. Yes, you do have to put some kind of liquid in the pressure cooker to generate the steam. This TSV will come with an instruction manual. There are a lot of good instruction videos for pressure cookers on YouTube.

Valued Contributor

I have had Cook's Essentials and a Technique Pressure Cooker from QVC and used them both a lot. However, mine has a slow cook function along with the warm, brown and low and high and low pressure functions. I use the slow cook function a lot along with the pressure cook functions, especially when I make pulled pork or barbecued beef.

I was considering Emerils TSV as a gift, but would not buy a digital pressure cooker without the slow cook function.

Frequent Contributor

I agree, the slow cooker feature is great and this tsv does not have it! I bought a Fagor at Macys and it works quite well, less expensive and free shipping anything more than 50 dollars too!!

Regular Contributor
On 1/26/2014 cotto22 said:

I have had Cook's Essentials and a Technique Pressure Cooker from QVC and used them both a lot. However, mine has a slow cook function along with the warm, brown and low and high and low pressure functions. I use the slow cook function a lot along with the pressure cook functions, especially when I make pulled pork or barbecued beef.

I was considering Emerils TSV as a gift, but would not buy a digital pressure cooker without the slow cook function.

What do you have that does both??