Trusted Contributor

Actually, my Wolfgang Puck has a slow cooker feature. It even came with a glass lid for that function. I honestly have never used it as a slow cooker, but the combo units do exist!

Super Contributor
On 1/26/2014 cotto22 said:

I have had Cook's Essentials and a Technique Pressure Cooker from QVC and used them both a lot. However, mine has a slow cook function along with the warm, brown and low and high and low pressure functions. I use the slow cook function a lot along with the pressure cook functions, especially when I make pulled pork or barbecued beef.

I was considering Emerils TSV as a gift, but would not buy a digital pressure cooker without the slow cook function.

Which one has the slow cook function. I heard David mention such a thing and Emeril said his did not have it. This one has a stay warm function instead.

Honored Contributor
There are hundreds of free pressure cooker recipes online. Just ""google"" the subject.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I prefer appliances that are dedicated in general to one function, and I'd take pressure cooking over slow cooking any day. I am not at all interested a pressure cooker/slow cooker combo.

I really do like that this model has an automatic warm setting.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Since I already have a slow cooker, I do not care that this one doesn't have that function. I also prefer pressure cooking to crock pot cooking.

Honored Contributor

And at least this time, QVC has the best price. My total with S/H and tax is $103.93. The price for the same cooker on Amazon would total $130.79.

That's a pretty significant difference.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
On 1/26/2014 ellietoo said:
On 1/26/2014 cotto22 said:

I have had Cook's Essentials and a Technique Pressure Cooker from QVC and used them both a lot. However, mine has a slow cook function along with the warm, brown and low and high and low pressure functions. I use the slow cook function a lot along with the pressure cook functions, especially when I make pulled pork or barbecued beef.

I was considering Emerils TSV as a gift, but would not buy a digital pressure cooker without the slow cook function.

Which one has the slow cook function. I heard David mention such a thing and Emeril said his did not have it. This one has a stay warm function instead.

I have a Technique pressure cooker. I only use the slow cook function after using the pressure cooker for pulled pork and barbecue to infuse the flavor even more. The warm is barely warm I have found.