Honored Contributor

@sissel Yes, if you were addressing me, (Annabelle) I do have an iphone (6) and am about to get an IPHONE 7.  I'd get an 8 (and might yet) but my son-in-law says the 8's are very fragile (both front and back made of 'glass').

With my arthritis I tend to drop things so I'm STILL trying to decide what I want.

I love gadgets.  It's not like I know much about how they work but they've made it so easy to use everything these days, even I can figure them out!  Ha!

I won't bore you with all of the gadgets I have but let's just say, I do love them....I turn 71 soon.  It's not like I'm a Spring Chicken and things don't always come easy for me.

I have a friend who still owns a flip phone.  Now it's not the smaller newer flip phone, it's the big very fat one.  It doesn't take texts, etc.  So frustrating when trying to get in touch with  her.

In my family (my 3 daughters and extended family) if I didn't text I'd be totally in the dark as far as what's going on with everyone.

Two times this week alone, it was around 1:00AM (I stay up late watching TV and my family knows it) and the Iphone notified me someone was trying to do facetime.  So I clicked on it and I was sitting in a concert watching and listening to one of my favorite singers.  Both times it was my 37 year old daughter.  She includes me this way.  It was fun.  I've been able to sit and watch a few minutes of baseball games, football games (usually Denver Broncos, etc).  

I can't imagine my life if I couldn't connect with my family this way!

Gadgets are so easy to use.  They connect with each other with little or no knowledge on the user's part.  I just spent yesterday shoe shopping and book shopping with my just turned 14 year old granddaughter.  She actually likes being with me...(I know, surprises me too).  But she keeps me updated on what's going on in the tech world.

Life is what you/me/everyone makes it.  That's not to say everyone needs to have or know the latest of everything, I'm just saying I've never ruled out anything.

My late Mother used to say, "If you want to feel old, hang out with old people....If you want to feel young, hang out with young people".  

Truer words were never spoken in my mind.

Incidentally, I suffer with severe back pain.  I have arthritis all over my body.  It's especially bad in my hands, elbows, etc.  But I don't let it define me....I just push through it.

There are things (gadgets) you can put on the back of smaller objects that make it easier to hold on to things.  You might look into some of them as they do work really well.

Have a good day and take care sweet girl.

Respected Contributor

I currently have a Samsung 7" tablet and love it.  But, it is  few years old and I'm thinking about getting a new one.  The TSV is such a good price I looked into it.  I really care more about the operating system than the features.

This tablet runs off of Amazon's system not Android.  They are a lot alike but you can't access a lot of the Andoid features.  I'm going to pass on this tablet.

Trusted Contributor

My suggestion is you look for tablet with a larger screen.  I find the smaller screens aren't as friendly to my eyes.  As it gets closer to Christmas you will be able to find the larger sizes at good prices.  If you're use to a full size computer, I don't think you will enjoy those small screens.  Just something to consider.

Trusted Contributor

I'm considering buying two sets of four for Christmas gifts for my Granchildre,. They range in age from 10 down. They come out to like 34.99's a piece. I don't think it's bad at all. .

Contributor

Just putting my 2 cents in!

I have a Fire, a Paperwrite (only for ebooks) and a Samsung.

I'd take my Samsung Tab A (8") any day over Amazon.

This one is only 7" ...... an " makes a BIG difference, believe it or not!

Plus this TSV is only 8GB ....... pretty soon you'll have to buy a micro SD card.

Contributor

OOOOOPS, sorry, Paperwhite in my prev remark ...... finger hit wrong key!

Honored Contributor

I don't have any intention of using something like this for movies or music or tv, because it is my understaning that you have to pay to have those services seperate from buying the tablet. 

Am I mistaken about that?  

Frequent Contributor

Am 83 and love. Mine. Would not be without.   I have a laptop and desktop. And never use them.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon fire TSV?

[ Edited ]

I also have a Desktop a laptop and a older Google Note Tablet 10" and now I use the Tablet more than my Desktop I  rarely use and my Laptop now I'm using less. Tablets are more Portable. I use my Phone the Samsung 8 more than any of these items. so this Tablet isn't for me... I think my Grandkids will love this Christmas Gift and they will each have their own. (Y)

Honored Contributor

If you can use your desk top computer, you will have no trouble at all with the Amazon Fire.  They are very user friendly and incredibly durable and long lasting.  I still have my very first Amazon Kindle tablet which was long before the Fires came out.  Never gave me moment's trouble.  I put it on the child mode and my little 4 year old niece uses it when she is at my house.  She has not been gentle with that tablet...lol   And it keeps going without missing a beat.  I have an 8" Amazon Fire now and it's my everything.  My reader, my music is on it, I use it for all my online stuffm I watch movies and tv programs. It's always with me.