Valued Contributor

What is Amazon Fire TV Stick?

More Info please?

Honored Contributor

Re: What is Amazon Fire TV Stick?

[ Edited ]

It's a device that allows you to view shows coming across an internet connection. Some of the networks charge fees and some don't. If you already own a smart TV then you don't need it.  When you connect to a device like the Amazon Fire, you will be charged an annual fee plus any additional ones for other networks you add.

ETA:  The Fire stick is a one-time purchase but you have to pay fees to view most of the services offered through it.

Honored Contributor

It allows you to stram netflix, and Amazon prime and pay shows, it turns a basic tv into a smart tv

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Thank you!!

Valued Contributor

you can also get rid of cable with that stick .

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee. Who charges annual fees to use the Firestick? I've never heard of that before. 

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@SilleeMee. Who charges annual fees to use the Firestick? I've never heard of that before. 

No, the Firestick has no fees. That is a one-time purchase. Only the services coming through it charge fees. Not many are free. My previous post is confusing, sorry.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Anxious to know more about how to eliminate the pricey cable bill from my life! How does the firestick work with a new, but not smart TV? Does it have to be connected to the internet? Or WiFi? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Anxious to know more about how to eliminate the pricey cable bill from my life! How does the firestick work with a new, but not smart TV? Does it have to be connected to the internet? Or WiFi? 

Wi-Fi only. @BirkiLady