Super Contributor

Am interested as i never owned a tablet.. All i have is a desk top pc,with keyboard and mouse...

Am a bit hesitant as i noticed only a 90 day warant?

Need something easy to use as i just cannot get use to all the new technology.

Am 79 with very little patience....

Hope someone can give me advice if this one is a good one for me?

Thanks,

lovestodanceWoman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

I'm in my early 60's and the smaller it is the worse for me. I do have an ipad (hate it) but love my laptop bigger screen & can sit watch TV. I need a real keyboard. Do you have a cell phone? I have and know most of it but also don't like that either, if you like smaller devices then maybe but for me I prefer the laptop unless you want something for travel. 

Super Contributor

I am your age, and have one,  they are very easy to use.   This is a super price,  Last week I paid over $100 for one for my daughter - usually the case is an extra purchase of over $20.00.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovestodance wrote:

Am interested as i never owned a tablet.. All i have is a desk top pc,with keyboard and mouse...

Am a bit hesitant as i noticed only a 90 day warant?

Need something easy to use as i just cannot get use to all the new technology.

Am 79 with very little patience....

Hope someone can give me advice if this one is a good one for me?

Thanks,

lovestodanceWoman Embarassed

I have a Kindle Fire HD 8 and I love mine.  I use it more than my computer. I am 70 years old.

Honored Contributor

I've had a Kindle Fire for a couple of years. I got it because it's small enough to easily fit into a purse to take to appointments where I might need some entertainment. I also have an iPad2 and a Samsung S2 tablet.

The screen on the Kindle is small and uncomfortable for me to use since I no longer have great eyesight. Like my Samsung the Kindle uses the Android operating system, however Amazon has put just enough quirks in it to make completing some actions dicey.  There are quite a few things done differently and I don't like that.

There are just enough irritating things about this Kindle, that I no longer ever use it.  However if it was the only alternative I had to using a desktop, I might feel more benevolent towards it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I bought my Fire 7 about two years ago and I use it every evening in bed before I go to sleep.  I love the size but find it is too heavy for me to hold in one hand, which is what I want to do.  The weight of this does not allow me to do that comfortably.

So, if you want to use it in bed to read, or whatever, you may find it too heavy using one hand.  But if you use it when up during the day, it should be fine.  I think it is a good price and a good tablet to begin with.  I think you can always return it.

The most comfortable Kindle for me to hold with one hand is the older Kindly Keyboard e-reader (it's just for reading books) and I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

The Amazon tablets seem to be very heavy to hold. I have the fire 7 this is not a new device. I have mine from a few years already.Woman Indifferent

Respected Contributor

I am almost 66 and I love my iPad 2 so much so that I got rid of my desktop 19" monitor and computer. My 

life is so much simpler. I love it. Use it for everything.

It is portable, no worries re viruses.

It is worth every penny and easy to use.

Valued Contributor

I have the Fire 7 and the Fire 8.  I much prefer the Fire 8, it's easier to see.  When I am going somewhere I can tuck the Fire 7 in my purse if I want.  You can synch the content for book reading.  My real favorite was my Nook HD+ but it is no longer supported and crashes frequently.  You might want to wait for Black Friday on Amazon and see what kind of offers they have then on the Fire tablets.  The Fire 7 is a good device if that is the size you are looking for.  But my older eyes like the Fire 8 better.  Good luck whatever you decide!

Honored Contributor

I've owned this Fire 7 for at least (maybe longer) one month!  It's sitting next to Alexa and every time I ask Alexa something, a second or two later the Fire 7 repeats the question and answers it.

Kinda funny....I guess...They do work in unison together.  I just bought 4 more of them.

I give them to friends and some relatives.  Most of my grandchildren already have their own ipads, etc. because their Dad's and mom's are in the computer business in some way.

It is convenient to have a smaller one like this.  I own 2 Ipads and the ipad mini, etc.