Respected Contributor

Re: real housewives of new york....4/12/17..."news," spoilers, gossip

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Ramona looked awful at that garden party.  Her hair was a hot mess.  It was frizzy and disheveled and that one section was hanging in her face.  Her outfit was ugly too.  It looked like she just got done running errands or working out, threw on clothes and came to the party.

That butler was worse than the women.  That came across as totally staged.   

Everything about Sonia is staged. She has jumped the shark. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Yes..she talks like she is reading from a script. 

I think the only reason Tinsley joined the group is to be noticed and known again......although I never heard of her before.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know much about Tinsley Mortimer so I looked up some info. I found a good article on Page Six -

The Tragic Downfall of New York's Most Glamerous Socialite.

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/16/the-tragic-downfall-of-new-yorks-hottest-socialite/

Some excerpts:

"Ten years ago, Tinsley Mortimer was the most photographed socialite in New York City — complete with her own reality TV show, signature lipstick shade and handbag line.

Now she’s living a secret, abusive nightmare in Florida."

"Once upon a time (in the mid-2000s), Mortimer was the Queen Bee of New York City society. She was wed to her high school sweetheart, Topper Mortimer, whose great-grandfather was a director of Standard Oil. She graced the pages of Vogue (where she had previously worked as a beauty assistant), made a cameo on “Gossip Girl,” commandeered Fashion Week front rows, and managed to parlay her broad smile and bouncy curls into serious business deals. Among them: a purse line with Japanese company Samantha Thavasa and a highly coveted gig as Dior’s beauty ambassador.

“She was set up basically to be the next Cornelia Guest, the next It girl,” says one New York City society publicist.

But the life of the Virginia native took a downturn when she and Topper separated in 2009 amid allegations that she was too enamored with fame — and her illicit lover, Casimir “Cassi” Wittgenstein-Sayn, a German royal.

“After her marriage dissolved, she became another blonde in a room instead of Mrs. Topper Mortimer,” says the publicist."

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I thought the whole episode was boring and very forced. Especially Tinsley living with Ramona. That's just plain weird. And Carole was SO obnoxious with her "superior intellect" and how she's the only once qualified to discuss politics or have an opinion. I'm so glad Bethenny called her out on it. And what's with Dorinda's daughter?  She totally puts on a show for the cameras and if you notice, she keeps looking at them out of the corner of her eye. 

I am kind of tired of them adding single women with no families to the cast. It's supposed to be about "housewives" - people with husbands or kids or both. Most new cast members these days are "filler."

Her daughter totally put on a show for the cameras.  But, in her defense, she's not yet used to the cameras as she's only been shown a handful of times in years.  I do think she was acting very differently than she probably does.  She's very pretty!  Dorinda is pretty too though.  I love Dorinda in the bright colors she wears at times!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I too think Dorinda is attractive...she isn't drop dead gorgeous but there's something about her. I like her personality...I think she has a very kind heart.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DREAMON wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I think the only reason Tinsley joined the group is to be noticed and known again......although I never heard of her before.

Me either. I chuckled when she mentioned her last name along with Vanderbilt and....I forgot the other famous name.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower,I could be wrong, but I believe the other name was Rockefeller. 

Respected Contributor

Tinsley has an interesting family history. Tinsley Mercer is her maiden name. 

She is reportedly a descendant of Thomas Jefferson (on her mother's side) and relatives of Patrick Henry and James Madison (on her father's side). She grew up with one sister, Dabney Mercer. 

I heard of her before in NYC as a socialite with family money. I don't know how close Sonja and Tinsley are but I believe that in order to stay relevant on the NYC housewives show Sonja had Tinsley move in with her so there is a storyline for her. Sonja acted so fake at her mad hatter garden party. 

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Me either. I chuckled when she mentioned her last name along with Vanderbilt and....I forgot the other famous name.

Sonja is so delusional, LOL.  She is constantly name dropping, and I don't believe most of what she says. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I think that Sonja may have been at a party or whatever with the people that she name drops when she was married to Mr. Morgan. I don't believe for one minute that she is friends with all these people. They were probably acquaintances of her husband and she met them through him.