Honored Contributor

Remember this with David Tennant? They've been shooting this summer for the third final season. Trouble is, it didn't say if it would be released in the US. They are filming it in Dorset, England. The American version, Gracepoint, was a flop so don't look for that one.

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the first season of Broadchurch.  However I never got into Season 2.  I found it confusing and bizarre.  Watched about half the episodes and then quit.  Hopefully Season 3 will be a improvement

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand a 3rd season. The second already was too much. 

Respected Contributor

loved the 1st season -  2nd not so much.  i found it contrived.  will try #3 but not with a lot of patience.

Honored Contributor

That's good to hear; I watched and very much enjoyed the first two seasons.  The American version was poor imitation.  I'm hoping it makes it's way to the USA. 

Honored Contributor

I think it was a huge mistake in the American version to have David Tennant speak with an American accent.  And the mystery was convoluted but really, I'm a Doctor Who fan, he's my favorite doctor and hearing him speak with a generic American accent was a huge letdown.

Trusted Contributor

I love this show as well, and look forward to Season 3.  I'm sure it will be shown in the US by BBC America, as I believe I read that it was their highest-rated show ever shown on the network.   

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Loved the first season of Broadchurch.  However I never got into Season 2.  I found it confusing and bizarre.  Watched about half the episodes and then quit.  Hopefully Season 3 will be a improvement

From what I've read online, they are more than aware that season 2 was a loser. Surely they'll go all out for this last season?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, great point!  Now I can say yay!

Honored Contributor

Re: Broadchurch

[ Edited ]

I hope that David Tennant would just plain refuse to do it if the script were terrible, but hey, I don't know David that well. Woman Tongue