Esteemed Contributor

Re: Young & Restless-October 2021

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I also fast forward over anything with Billy, the kid Connor and Mariah and who's left?  Ha!

I  also FF over anything with Billy...........so obnoxious and unlikable......

And the other times....i FF over Sharon & Ray....ugh. boring.  And the Mariah storyline has gotten so old.....

either wind it up or commit her away somewhere.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gotta say it was a stupid Christmas show.

I also fast forward Billy and Lilly.She is as dumb as her brother.

I see next week Devon wants some kind of custody of Dom.How stupid. I knew it was a dumb idea to have people you know involved like that.What a mess that will be.Who wants these fools constantly hovering? You would just want it to be your own little family.

I will never understand why everyone thinks Sally is so horrible.Half the women in that town have tried to kill someone or is just plain nasty.

Valued Contributor

How many times are they going to the "dream" thing??

Respected Contributor

When was the last time Christian was seen on screen?

Esteemed Contributor

Best part of todays show, Adam drinking from a snowman holiday mug

while catching up with Chance. Guess that's what Sharon set out for

him. Hope he had marshmallows and cookies too.

It gets better,

Then Adam gives Chance advice on fatherhood. No wonder Chance

walked out listening to that character.

Just like that, what Sharon wants happens. Sure Mariah and Tessa will

enjoy living at the dump apartment above the coffeehouse instead of a hotel.

Sharon snaps her fingers and its a go, she is delusional as always.

Lastly Nate advising Devon to just go over and tell Abby you want to be a

more active role in Dom's life more. Its that easy. Sure Abby will understand. 

After all Devon has the magic touch with that baby and can teach Chance

how to be a good Daddy.

Honored Contributor

This is crazy!  We could all see it coming.

So one Dad is struggling and trying to connect with his son.

Then Devon (daddy number 2 or is that 1) wants to have the kid 1/2 the time?

This....people, is why you should never use the $perm of someone you know.

If I was Abby and Chase, I say, "Take a hike.

Remember that paper you signed?"

A family member of mine had 2 children, a boy and a girl in a similar way.

She and her partner wanted children after they'd been married for 1 year.  My family member was much younger than the woman she married, so she had both children.

None of us ever talked about who the biological father was.  It wasn't anyone's business.  They have a lot of male friends so who knows or cares.

Theyve been happily married now for about 10-11 years.  The children are happy, they've made a wonderful family.

Ugh!  It makes me sick that this young couple are struggling to make their family whole and here comes pain in the neck poking himself into the mix.

As far as the baby getting used to people, when they are infants they will get used to whomever is with them the most.  It can change.  Babies are very flexible.

After I had each one of my girls.  My late husband got up in the night and fed them and changed them.

We did that on purpose.  He liked doing it and I didn't.  I was a stay at home mom, so I was with them all day.

I think it's obvious tome anyway that these shows are written by people who have no clue about infants.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Gotta agree with you,these writers have no clue.LOL

Honored Contributor

This show has been so consistently tiresome for so long. Every time I tune back in hoping to see improvement I don't. For starters, these 'special' episodes tend to fall flat. I'm sure the writers like them. They delude themselves into thinking they're being uber creative. The actors probably like them. It gives them the chance to pretend they're 'stars' and helps them pad their Emmy reels. Unfortunately, for at least this audience member, they more often than not aren't great television. Moreover, you just simply don't pick the last show before Christmas to do one, and then add insult to injury by choosing to focus on one of the show's most boring characters.

It's just wrong to essentially ignore the Abbott family and the Abbott house at Christmas. We saw Tracy make a short appearance, I think perhaps Ashley showed up at one point and Jack had a few lines, but there was nary hide nor hair of the Abbotts and not having their house done up for Christmas was an oversight not to be repeated. Yes, the Newman place looked stellar and the Chancellor house, despite overall tacky decor, looked well done up for Christmas, but the Abbott house is the heart and soul of the show, as far as sets go.

Of course we did see Billy. We always see Billy. Billy is everywhere and has been now for the past half decade. The problem is Billy is not appealing, is not likable and is not interesting. And please producers, have Billy keep his shirt on because there is absolutely nothing positive to be gained by having this man, who is no oil paintig, parading around shirtless.

This show has not got one really complelling story line going. We all knew the baby daddy story line was coming. Nothing there. The endless Adam vs Billy thing has just become boring and while I'm sure they'd like to think history is repeating itself and that Billy and Adam are as compelling as were Victor and Jack, they aren't. Tessa and Mariah just need to go. They long have. They're just boring. In fact, almost all of these characters are boring and they're consistently placed in boring situtions. Take note producers, production values only carry you so far.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...