Honored Contributor

@catloverwrote:

@colliemom4

which upcoming show about Gotti................

@catlover  TRUST. It's on FX and starts tomorrow night. That's the one I'm going to watch.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

@catloverwrote:

@colliemom4

which upcoming show about Gotti................

@catlover  TRUST. It's on FX and starts tomorrow night. That's the one I'm going to watch.

It's not about Gotti...it's about GETTY.Woman Happy @catlover

Respected Contributor

Deeply disturbed by Modesto Cunnanan's behavior. This mans attitude toward his children and wife obviously impacted Andrew. I have to believe if Andrew had a better father he would have turned into a better man.

Honored Contributor

I just finished watching the entire series and thought it was very good.

Modesto was a disgusting specimen of a man, father, and husband.

I think his wife was the way she was because she was mentally and physically abused for so many years. 

They were one strange dysfunctional family..that's for sure. Sad.

I wonder what happened to that family. I will have to google them and see what comes up.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMONwrote:

I just finished watching the entire series and thought it was very good.

Modesto was a disgusting specimen of a man, father, and husband.

I think his wife was the way she was because she was mentally and physically abused for so many years. 

They were one strange dysfunctional family..that's for sure. Sad.

I wonder what happened to that family. I will have to google them and see what comes up.

@DREAMON  I know his mom died within the last 10 years or so. Let me know what you find out in your search. I read that no one knows whether or not his dad his still living. Andrew does has siblings that are still alive.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The father was a disgusting piece of work.  He most definitely mentally abused his wife, degraded her and more than likely was the cause of her issues.  She obviously had no self esteem due to how he belittled her.  

He probably physically abused her too.  Giving Andrew the master bedroom was just beyond strange.  

That woman was a martyr and appeared to do the best she could.  I'm sure she wondered how Pete got the money, but he was such a great con that she may have thought he was the best stock broker at the firm.   Father and son were both masterminds of con and manipulation.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1wrote:

The father was a disgusting piece of work.  He most definitely mentally abused his wife, degraded her and more than likely was the cause of her issues.  She obviously had no self esteem due to how he belittled her.  

He probably physically abused her too.  Giving Andrew the master bedroom was just beyond strange.  

That woman was a martyr and appeared to do the best she could.  I'm sure she wondered how Pete got the money, but he was such a great con that she may have thought he was the best stock broker at the firm.   Father and son were both masterminds of con and manipulation.  

@winamac1  I agree with most of your post, but remember in the second to the last episode, after the FBI came to their house, she said something to Andrew about how she had known, but didn't say anything?  I think she was so terrified of Modesto, and knew she couldn't change things, so she just resigned herself to being silent. 

I think he definitely physically abused her. There was the scene where he pushed her to the ground, after she became upset with him for buying Andrew a car, and also the scene of him knocking her over in the bedroom when he was trying to escape the FBI. I'm sure there was much more.  I can't help but feel badly for her.  I read something online that mentioned she lived off of public assistance after Andrew killed himself.  I've wondered if her other children could have helped her.  I'm sure their lives were difficult, too, but I find myself wondering if they could have helped her afterwards.  Smiley Sad

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

Deeply disturbed by Modesto Cunnanan's behavior. This mans attitude toward his children and wife obviously impacted Andrew. I have to believe if Andrew had a better father he would have turned into a better man.

I don't think it was all due to the father because Andrew's siblings had the same father, and they didn't end up murdering or living sociopathic lives, as far as I know. I don't really know what became of them, other than two of the siblings wrote a book about Andrew, but I'm sure it would have been huge news if they had committed crimes.  I'm sure the whole family was horribly affected by their father, though.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

Modesto effectively ignored the other two children. They were mere afterthoughts. When the family had the moving van, he shoved them in the back of th van and let Andrew sit up front, he gave Andrew the master bedroom, heck he even kissed Andrews feet when he was accepted into the school academy for gifted children.  Modesto was a bizzare man. And how can a man like this re-marry as has been reported ?  How do grown women fall for his ****** ?

Respected Contributor

JMO, but I think being ignored by a parent is damaging, if not more damaging.  They also witnessed Modesto's horrible temper, and abuse to their mother.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥