Honored Contributor

Re: Thursday 8/11/2016 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Too bad there's no comp where they have to drink two gallons of water and hold it in.

Contributor

I swear if anyone played a drinking game taking a drink when Z said "whatever" and when Paulie said the f word, they are DEAD. It was hard to watch.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 I agree with some of what you say and I remember about the memory stuff, but Paulie has never struck me as someone who's very scholarly, to me that means being able to memorize specifics on who was wearing what and when they left, etc.  I do remember all of that.  I remember the end when the few remaining house guests were going over and over such things.

I don't know about Paulie like many of you do, I admit that.  I just don't think he's the big athlete some think.  I think there's a lot of hot air when it comes to Paulie.

I don't know anything (don't care to) about his family and the background (I know his brother was in the game and he's been 'coached' and supposedly his family has money).  The money thing impresses me the least.  I am hoping that in the end his love of Paulie will do him in.

It is already (as I see it) beginning to crack.  The thing Paulie has going for him is that most of these people are as dumb (or close to it) as he is.  He'd never have gotten this far in some of the other BB's.  James is the one that surprises me.  I know he's cautious and plays both sides but I would have thought he'd have it figured out by now.

I think he's bringing all of the garbage from last time with him this time and it's allowing him to make cautious and (in my opinion) wrong decisions (so far, maybe he'll change his alliances).

Esteemed Contributor

@KKali wrote:

As an athlete, Pauli is used to high pressure competiton. I think it may fire him up rather than hinder his ability to win.

What might fire him up, is if he realizes he will be stuck in the jury house with DaVonne and Zakiyah.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I've been around a lot of nurses, not all are all that smart.

I've been trying to let your comment about nurses go......but I just can't. I'm a nurse practitioner with a doctoral degree in nursing. I've worked with many registered nurses in a variety of settings, including teaching. Some are a little lazy and some are just plain burnt out (and it shows) but I've never met a nurse who wasn't smart. Even Nicole, with her goofy valley girl mannerisms could not have made it out of an RN program without intelligence. Perhaps you meant street smart?

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, Pauli was a star soccer player at Rutgers.

Contributor

Thank you so much for doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

"Paulie has never struck me as someone who's very scholarly, to me that means being able to memorize specifics on who was wearing what and when they left, etc." ~ @Annabellethecat66

I think you might be surprised. For example, last night there was a big argument and Paulie mentioned something that had happened. Bridgette said "Oh really Paulie? And when did that happen?"  Within a second Paulie answered something like "That was day 30. No wait, day 30 was when this happened so that was day 31." 

Sorry I don't remember the exact words or situation that they were discussing, but Paulie knew the answer in a second. Now was he lying about the actual event? I don't know, but he did definitely had the date down.

Valued Contributor

Loving Natalie and it was a real pleasure to watch Michelle actually laughing for a change.

Can't wait to see somebody wipe that smug look off of Paulie's face. He really tanked his game last night.

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I've been around a lot of nurses, not all are all that smart. (Nicole for example, not a shining example of intelligence.) Bridgette is smarter than most of the rest of the house. When Frank was going she told Natalie everything Frank had told her which helped Natalie piece things together. Bridgette then buddied up to Paulie, Victor and Paul for safety while she tried to figure out what to do next and picked up more information along the way. (That Spy Girl training really paid off.) For where she was, Bridgette did pretty much the only thing she could do and it worked for her. 

Rating the house guests by intelligence alone, I would probably put Natalie first, Bridgette a very close second, Paul third (Paul's a lot smarter than many think and could even be higher on the list,) Victor fourth, Michelle fifth, and the rest are largely a mix. I like to think Zakiyah is smart, but there's some sort of disconnect between her words and actions. 

So true about Zakiyah. I hope she gets help.   I am actually worried about her.