Respected Contributor

Re: This is Us - I think I am done with this show

@house_catwrote:

I might be the only American who has never seen the show. When it first became popular, friends were telling me how powerful it was and how they cried their eyes out.  Really? That's all I had to hear.  Why would I put myself through that?

You aren't missing a thing , IMO.  I watched the first season, barely.   It is a depressing, dumb show.  No one is happy.  Everyone is pathetic.  Too much angst.   Not one character to like.   I watched the episode that showed how Jack died and even it was boring.    I really don't get the popularity at all.

Respected Contributor

@Caligurllwrote:

I'm stilling watching it too, I still like it and will tune in for season 3.  It's just an hour of entertainment out of my week and don't think about it in between shows unless I see a thread about it here.

I'm curious, what is "entertaining" about it at all?

Respected Contributor

@nougat

"real life situations"?    I'm 71 and I don't know one person/family with these situations.  Never have.   Much less all of this in ONE family.  Silly.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegalwrote:

@Caligurllwrote:

I'm stilling watching it too, I still like it and will tune in for season 3.  It's just an hour of entertainment out of my week and don't think about it in between shows unless I see a thread about it here.

@Bridgegal

obviously a VERY subjective question considering that some enjoy the show, some find it boring, some dont like it at all, and some never even wanted to watch.

for me, i like the unusual family dynamics, enjoy the entire look back/look forward/what is in the present storylines, i think that they do a great job of making the characters so much more than one dimensional, it is "something different" than traditional dramas, the show keeps me guessing, i am always wanting to know more.......

we all enjoy a different range of programming. no two people will be the same.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Add me to the never watched list.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

@Bridgegalwrote:

@Caligurllwrote:

@Bridgegal

obviously a VERY subjective question considering that some enjoy the show, some find it boring, some dont like it at all, and some never even wanted to watch.

for me, i like the unusual family dynamics, enjoy the entire look back/look forward/what is in the present storylines, i think that they do a great job of making the characters so much more than one dimensional, it is "something different" than traditional dramas, the show keeps me guessing, i am always wanting to know more.......

we all enjoy a different range of programming. no two people will be the same.

I agree with everything @sunshine45 said.  What entertains one person doesn't necessarily entertain the next.  I look forward to seeing where season 3 takes us. My only regret is that I have to get through a long, very hot summer, until that time!

Super Contributor

exactly! how do we get thru a long hot summer until TIU returns?

i hate the heat! but LOVE THIS IS US !!!

Honored Contributor

@nougatwrote:

exactly! how do we get thru a long hot summer until TIU returns?

i hate the heat! but LOVE THIS IS US !!!

Hopefully, with air conditioning... but I'm not fond of either of them... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@Bridgegal

Its TV people!!  it has to have drama to be a "Drama Show". there has to be story lines to every character or there is NO show!  i dont think the Waltons would fly today as it did in its day!  look how movies have changed from quiet non chalance to more action and more and more and more! its just what has to be to keep people watching.

everything has to be over the top today. i dont like that fact but it is the way it is.

and look at all the drama in TIU and people still say its boring.........?

maybe watch retro tv shows if you think TIU is silly.