Honored Contributor

Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show To End

After two seasons.  Its ratings lagged behind other talk shows, such as Ellen DeGeneres' show.  This according to the NY Post Online - Page Six.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show To End

Sorry to hear that.  The more I watched him the better I liked him and the show.

Honored Contributor

I saw a bit once not long ago.  He can act, he can sing.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised, he can't really do a talk show.

Honored Contributor

He seems like a nice guy but the little of one show I watched was very dull. Too many talk shows around, IMO. I don't watch them, except a little bit of Ellen now and then.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee, I don’t know what it is about the guy but I never took to his personality or his music.  I like all different kinds of music but not his.  I formed an opinion of him during American Idol (was that what he was on) or one of those shows.  Just struck me as an odd kind of guy.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmomwrote:

@Pearlee, I don’t know what it is about the guy but I never took to his personality or his music.  I like all different kinds of music but not his.  I formed an opinion of him during American Idol (was that what he was on) or one of those shows.  Just struck me as an odd kind of guy.  LM

While I like the man and very much enjoy his music. But a talk show is a different beast and more in-the-news names than his have bombed much faster. I think there’s a limit to how many talk shows people really care about watching, and they need to really stand out somehow in order to survive; he doesn’t.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I don't watch any of the day time talk shows but I really like Harry Connick, Jr.  I have seen him concert at a local winery several times.  He puts on a great show (one time he had his Dad with him).  I am sorry it did not work out for him.  

Trusted Contributor

He’s about to start rehearsals for the world premiere musical, “The Sting” at the Papermill Playhouse.  It opens March 29.  They’re aiming for it to transfer to Broadway.  He’s playing the role Paul Newman played in the 1973 movie.

Honored Contributor

I like Harry Connick, Jr. I didn't even know he had a talk show! Oh, well. I probably wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway.