Honored Contributor

Re: The Conners....Roseanne spinoff

o/t   I really disliked what they did to "Kevin Can Wait."  The actress that played his wife was so good with him and the way they let her go was ridiculous.  No wonder it was canceled and I'm surprised it was on for the full season.  "The Conners"--we'll see, but it probably won't hold the audience for long.

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I watched the first 15 minutes of the new Rosanne show and fell alseep. I just do not like her deadpan humor...so obvious one liner after another for a laugh. Do not care for the storyline. 

I would NEVER watch this new Conners show.  Same thing, same writers, same dead pan humor with a transgender son  thrown in as a wrench in the spoke of the wheel. 

Not funny at all.  Like Laugh In  was yeas ago. A Predictable snorefestZzzzzzzZZZZZ😴

How is the transgender issue part of the dead pan humor?

Respected Contributor

It's going to be fine. And I said that's what they call the show right after I hoped there would be a solution to get the show back on. Yeh !!Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Sara Gilbert/John Goodman are adequate actors but not slam-dunk box office.. so the real draw will have to be the quality of the writing they are given.....as well as whether the balance is there as to viewpoints, delivered without rancor or judgment.  this show was successful because it  reflected the struggles of a blue collar family in 21st century America and not the general tilt of Hollywood.  we  shall  see.

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

Sara Gilbert/John Goodman are adequate actors but not slam-dunk box office.. so the real draw will have to be the quality of the writing they are given.....as well as whether the balance is there as to viewpoints, delivered without rancor or judgment.  this show was successful because it  reflected the struggles of a blue collar family in 21st century America and not the general tilt of Hollywood.  we  shall  see.

I'd rather watch Sara as Leslie Winkle on Big Bang Theory. I love that character. John Goodman I wouldn't cross the street to see.

Respected Contributor

Was "kevin Can Wait " really cancelled or is it just waiting to start from the season finally ?I hadn't heard it was cancelled.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Was "kevin Can Wait " really cancelled or is it just waiting to start from the season finally ?I hadn't heard it was cancelled.

It was cancelled @BeccaLou.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

It was cancelled @BeccaLou.  

Wow, just looked it up and yeah it states as of may 13 the show is done.

Didn't know that. Last season was pretty bad.

Honored Contributor

it is official, Sara Gilbert announced it on The Talk today, it is her show. All other cast members will be returning except for you know who. Sara was very teary eyed and said very little.

Honored Contributor

I would be much more interested in Dan, Jackie, and Jackie and Roseannes Mother.....Darlene and her kids were not interesting to me in the reboot. I don't think it will make it past 1 season but time will tell.